February 27, 2015 | 982 users online

Shampoo - Suave - Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Smoothing Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2015 5:29:00 PM More reviews by skeletonpunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used a lot of shampoos over the years, never sticking with one for very long. Well, I've been using this consistently for 3 years now. I seriously love it that much. My hair is long but super thin/fine, oily but prone to dryness with certain shampoos. This does a good job of getting my hair clean while keeping it moisturized at the same time. After rinsing it feels as soft as if you had just rinsed out conditioner. I haven't experienced any issues with buildup although I do clarify once or twice a week. Using this with a Suave Naturals conditioner makes my hair looks the best it ever has.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Solfire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would give this 0 stars if I could.

This shampoo made my hair fall out more than usual. It was especially terrible after shampooing. It was so gross to have to collect so much of my hair from the hair catcher that I have over my shower's drain. My hair has really thinned out since using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by zlaila220

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this, I really truly did. It worked great the first few washes and then it just made my hair really dry and coarse. It felt so rough just touching my hair after a while. In the beginning it made my hair feel super healthy but it did make my roots super greasy. I tend to wash my hair every other night and sleep on it damp, so the morning of the second day my roots looked disgustingly greasy and my ends were disproportionately dry.It does however have some perks.

PROS: My hair felt healthier and thicker, it smells great, it lathers well, I didn't lose as much hair as I normally do in the shower, fairly cheap all things considered; I bought mine for about $2.40 a bottle at Target

Cons: eventually it dried out my hair, left my roots too greasy if I didn't wash every day and the ends too dry, didn't help the frizz, some days it actually made it worse, doesn't hold down frizz is +60% humidity days, and the smell doesn't last very long

Apparently I have type 1c-2a hair so I don't worry too much about frizz unless it's summer because it tends to get frizzy and dry in the humid months and the ends look awful. I don't make a fuss about my hair, historically I've washed at night, slept on it wet, and was ready to go in the morning without having to style (sometimes I didn't even need to brush my hair) and it looked shiny, healthy, and great. I missed all of that with prolonged use of this. This is not an everyday wash. I'd only buy it again if my hair was really unhealthy and needed a keratin boost once every week or so. For now I'm putting the half finished bottles under the sink and might use them once in a while for, like I said, a keratin boost.

Also as a side note, I had a bottle of Tresemme Keratin Smooth in my house and compared the ingredients. They're essentially the same but I got better results with Tresemme. There's a little food for thought if you're wondering which to drop money on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

I found the scent pretty repulsive. Not at all pleasing

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by etain_anders

Picked this up first in the trial size and couldn't believe how great it made my hair feel. I went back and got the full size a week later. It's incredibly fun to use--you can feel the moisture and keratin sinking into your skin and hair while you lather up. Despite the moisturizing qualities, it still gets my oily hair completely clean every time. Frankly it works much better than my John Ferria shampoos at about half the price. Lovely stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by squirrelXetiquette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot quite pinpoint what makes this shampoo so awesome, but I do know that I am almost out & am looking forward to repurchasing a new bottle! The shampoo is thick & gooey, but when rinsed out, it leaves my hair soft, silky, poufy, and soft. I dont even use a conditioner with it! My hair is normal to dry, and I think this shampoo has improved the overall texture and look of my mane. Try it; it is inexpensive & found at most drugstores! Go, go keratin!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by glamycakes2014

didnt notice a diffrence in my hair. plus i cant stand the smell

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by DebAnneM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Terrific Product for the price, use with conditioner, you will not be disappointed....
Good suds, rinses well, smells ok.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by martel92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this shampoo for a while and liked it. I have dry course hair and it did tame it pretty well while also leaving it fresh and clean, but my hair was still course feeling and not very soft or hydrated. But that's just how my hair naturally is so I can't really blame that on the shampoo. Overall it was a good shampoo and I would buy it again, but it would not be my first choice.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Valentinies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Left my hair feeling sticky and gooey.