NYX Retractable Lip Liner (all shades)

3.8

on 8/29/2015 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I got this in the shade Plum, and it is absolutely horrible. It clumps up really badly, and the tips breaks off. It is impossible to get an even or precise line with this. I'm really disappointed, because I really like the size and the packaging, but I would definitely not recommend this.

on 8/1/2015 12:32:00 PM

I have the retractable liner in the shade "nude pink". The color is a deep pink leaning on the side of berry... not exactly nude. However, it is still a fabulous color. It's creamy, highly pigmented, and from my experience with it, causes no feathering. Truly the only downside is the FLECKS OF GLITTER put throughout the entire thing. I know it doesn't claim to be matte, but seriously? Glitter?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I use this product in black for my black lipstick mainly, it lines so well and is so easy to control! It doesn't smudge or come off during the day and is so soft and simple to apply! Definitely recommend.

on 4/30/2015 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

honestly i have nothing negative to say about these. if you're going to buy a lip liner from nyx, make sure and get one of these rather than the wood pencil ones. these retractable ones have a much creamier texture that doesn't dry your lips out too much, and the pigmentation seems to be a little better too. they are slightly more expensive than the pencils but still affordable. i also personally prefer retractable lip liners to pencils because you don't ever have to sharpen them.

on 1/24/2015 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Honestly really liked this product. recently I bought this in the nude shade, & it was exactly what I was looking for, for an everyday use. NYX products are definitely one of my faves cause they're quality is AMAZING but also very cheap. Although I gave this a 4/5, because my pen tend to break a lot but probably because I used it for my whole lip rather than just to outline. But I love the shade & definitely lasted the whole day. Recommend 👍

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love these! Smooth and easy application with deep pigmentation! The price is just right as well. However, they don't last long, but I have yet to find a lipliner that stays longer than lipstick.

on 12/3/2014 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have this lip liner in Cocoa and I love it. It's not so dry that it skips across my lips when I apply it. The colour has the deep cocoa colour I've been looking for but it has a strong yellow tint to it. Somehow it works with my lipsticks though so I don't really mind.

I would definitely repurchase.

on 7/17/2014 9:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have 3 of these. I have the citrus, vanilla sky and sienna. I love them. they go on smooth and are very pigmented. The Sienna is so gorgeous (Its a deep red, the swatch above of it is darker than it actually is). I use it as a liner but also put in on with a metallic gloss and its so pretty. The other two are great liners for a nude lip color. I plan to buy more. So far package is great and they havent dried out, I have had them for at least 6 months.

on 6/28/2014 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I hate this lipliner. I am considering tossing it. I have Dark Red. It is messy, bleeds, drags, clumps...awful awful. I LOVE the NYX regular slim lipliner pencils. I should have not strayed! On a positive note, the red is nice and deep. I will hopefully find a regular lip pencil like Dark Red, but not such a mess!

on 6/16/2014 1:33:00 AM

I've been on the hunt for a perfect drugstore nude/mauve lip liner for years, I go trough them like crazy since I use nude lipstick everyday and not only is this the PERFECT color for me but I no longer have to sharpen it! I feel like I waste more product in the sharpener than on my lips, maybellines toast used to be my go to lip liner but its always sold out, I went trough many purchases before this NYX nude lipliner and its by far my fav. It applies so smoothly and has great staying power, and it goes great with all my mac nude lipsticks. The hunt is over :) I will purchase this over and over again and can't wait to try the rest of the colors.