July 23, 2014 | 1342 users online

Lip Liners - NYX - Retractable Lip Liner (all shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have 3 of these. I have the citrus, vanilla sky and sienna. I love them. they go on smooth and are very pigmented. The Sienna is so gorgeous (Its a deep red, the swatch above of it is darker than it actually is). I use it as a liner but also put in on with a metallic gloss and its so pretty. The other two are great liners for a nude lip color. I plan to buy more. So far package is great and they havent dried out, I have had them for at least 6 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by llg130

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate this lipliner. I am considering tossing it. I have Dark Red. It is messy, bleeds, drags, clumps...awful awful. I LOVE the NYX regular slim lipliner pencils. I should have not strayed! On a positive note, the red is nice and deep. I will hopefully find a regular lip pencil like Dark Red, but not such a mess!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by yaya49

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been on the hunt for a perfect drugstore nude/mauve lip liner for years, I go trough them like crazy since I use nude lipstick everyday and not only is this the PERFECT color for me but I no longer have to sharpen it! I feel like I waste more product in the sharpener than on my lips, maybellines toast used to be my go to lip liner but its always sold out, I went trough many purchases before this NYX nude lipliner and its by far my fav. It applies so smoothly and has great staying power, and it goes great with all my mac nude lipsticks. The hunt is over :) I will purchase this over and over again and can't wait to try the rest of the colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by payjark

I bought the shade Peony. $2.99 at Albertsons. What a steal! I reappy like this color. Its a bright pink, I've been searching for the perfect bright pink lip liner, I think this is it! I want more colors!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by kjones234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been on a mission for cheaper lip liners and chose this product because of its great color, Red. I used it with my Ruby Woo and the color payoff was great. The downside was it was so incredibly dry it peeled of my lips in clumps and ruined my white shirt. I may try again with additional moisturizer but I love the matte look of Ruby Woo. BTW I have larger lips so I alway exfoliate and moisturize everyday to avoid chapped lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 7:32:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

Great Lip Liners! I have in Peony and Nude Pink. Gorgeous and versatile colors!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 6:08:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Cheap thrill! The texture is just right, not greasy and not dry so it applies effortlessly. It stays on a long time and no sharpening! Purchased this in plum (16). I use it with berry and red lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by MrsRupee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My pout was never so well defined as it is now. Yes I have found these amazing lip liners that are so easy to use. They just glide on to my lip line smoothly giving my lips an amazing shape. The best part is that the outline does not bleed away. And after I fill my lips with lipstick the lined lips look really glamorous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I chose the shade Plum because it's one of the only purple based plums with a drugstore price. I matched it with Wet n Wild Sugar Plum Fairy and MAC Rebel. The color goes on nicely and it's waterproof/long lasting. I've only tried the regular NYX lip liners, and those seem a lot more dry, but not as long lasting for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

***SHADE REVIEWED - PLUM***
I purchased the shade Plum in my effort to find this season's HG vampy lip shade. I've looked at every premium brand at Ulta such as Smashbox, Too Faced, Urban Decay, Lorac to search for a dark vamp shade but came out a loser. I ventured off to the drugstore section and found this pencil and I'm so pleased with the shade. Plum is so sexy and gets a gold star in it's efforts to be a vamp shade. Plum is a purple red and is richly pigmented. Plum is vibrant, not for the shy but doesn't cross into goth territory. Plum works great for my skintone which is Medium w/ olive tones. The only downside to this pencil is that it is very drying on my lips. I use a layer of balm first before I apply this pencil and it gives a better finish.
As for the shade, I give it 5 lippies.
As for the acutal pencil, I give it 3 lippies.