October 30, 2014 | 1633 users online

Gels/Soaps - Shea Moisture - Coconut & Hibiscus Shea Butter Soap with Songyi Mushroom

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by 63Brunette

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE iT! Best Soap Ever! Smells great. Amazing rich lather I may give up my shave gel. I feel squeaky clean. Lasts a long time. No questionable ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by mccfrausto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like it, no complaints. I lather up with soap, then add some sugar to exfoliate. I'm trying out the other Shea Moisture soap bars but so far the coconut hibiscus soap is my fave. I had less breakouts for some reason when I started using this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thus far I am the minority here in that I absolutely love this bar soap! I am convinced that going through only one bar of it has helped with my upper shoulder and back acne, for one, and has really made my skin smooth and moisturized. I am a total fan.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe Shea Moisture changed the formula to this body wash. The other formula was so much better. My skin would feel clean, moisturized and smelled good. This new formula leaves my skin feeling itchy and dry after I take a shower. Don't ever buy this body wash and I'm recommending that!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Chicagobabe89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First I will say that I really like the Shea Moisture brand. I have used their hair products-shampoos, curling products- and have been impressed, so when I saw this soap at Target, I really wanted to try it. I was intrigued by the claims on the packaging which stated that it helps with brightening and evening out skin tone, and it has anti-aging properties.

This soap smells really good. It has a nice, sweet coconut scent, but it isn't overpowering, which I like. I use exfoliating gloves when I shower, and I only had to apply the soap on the gloves one time during the entire shower. It produced a very rich, creamy lather. It makes my skin feel clean, but not stripped of moisture, and my skin is feeling even softer than before.

I can't wait to keep using the product to see if I notice any brightening and evening out of my skin's tone, as I have a few scars and areas that are darker than others. I'm happy with this purchase. I paid five dollars for the bar, which I thought was a little expensive (I am used to buying Dove bars which are much cheaper), but it is definitely worth it.

EDIT: I used this bar up completely, but I realized that it wasn't helping to provide any moisture to my skin. I did feel clean, but I did have that "stripped feeling". Also, the bar smelled great before I used it, but once I did, I could no longer smell the coconut. I will not be repurchasing this product.