November 22, 2014 | 1885 users online

Hair Treatments - L'Oreal - Elvive Extraordinary Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

WOW! I have this in the color protect version-This serum seriously blows me away. I apply it to damp hair after every shower and my hair feels so soft and is so shiny, and if I dont put this and apply another treatment, my hair feels more rough and frizzy. Everyone reading this, please go buy this. It will change your life, it is one product that does everything you ever wanted from your hair. As for the consistency- very water like and so even if you overuse, itll even out easily throughout your hair. Forever a serum girl now- Im not sure why I used to buy leave-in conditioners and those sort of things. Will definitely repurchase- planning on trying the dry hair version someday. Packaging is very cool as it is a glass bottle and looks quite expensive sitting in your vanity. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by silurian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very fine hair, and many styling products just weigh my hair down or make it greasy. Used in moderation, this does neither of those things - I get a nice, smooth finish when I blow-dry straight that stays all day without becoming heavy or greasy. My hair feels soft and natural, as though it doesn't have any product in it. It also washes out easily and doesn't cause build up. My only difficulty is that the product is not very easy to evenly distribute throughout my hair without using too much - it's a bit "clingy" and will stick to fingers/whatever part of my hair it touches first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This makes my hair so soft and shiny which is exactly what I wanted. Will definitely repurchase. I have short wavy hair and just use one squirt of this, run it through my wet hair then style as usual. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by urs123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great serum - fairly light, very smooth, easy to distribute evenly, smells nice. Does a decent job, doesn't completely smooth my hair but definitely helps. It is my go to until I find something amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This oil is not comparible to hair oils such as Moroccan oil and Kérastase, but for the price you are paying, it is a great quality product. I have never really liked any other oils for my hair, apart from Moroccan Oil, I have thick, long hair and Moroccan Oil seems to be the only oil to nourish my hair so I never took any interest in trying to find a cheaper version. I only gave this a try because a friend had a bottle and she didn't like it so she gave me it to try out and I liked it! It does its job, it is nice to just run through the hair whenever it is feeling dry and you get what you pay for, in the sense that it isn't going to be as nourishing or as rich as Moroccan Oil but it still does what it promises to do!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by whatisaspacebar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This review is for the "extra rich for dry and damaged hair" (it has the coppery/burgundy cap). My hair is thick, curled, dry and coarse. Doesn't look glossy when straightened no matter what product I put in to help it. Straightened, it looks like a dry, thick horse tail- sexy! So this oil didn't magically transform it into the "silky smooth" hair Zohan dreamed of. But that aside, it manages my curls beautifully. It encourages the curl without it looking "oily" or product saturated. I use 1-2 pumps and work it from the tips of my hair to the middle and rub my fingers along the fringe and edges. I've found it restores tangled and flattened bed hair curls back into lovely curls. I already purchased a second bottle because it was on sale and I like the oil well enough to continue with it. I'd recommend anyone with similar hair to mine to give it a try.
PROS:
Smells lovely
Doesn't weigh down or "grease up" the hair
Encourages and can even "resurrect and reshape" curl
Adds a subtle gloss
CONS:
No silky smooth transformation when straightening hair
Not a game changer in terms of transforming hair into a silken sheet

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 6:25:00 AM More reviews by littleantlers85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This does everything that I wanted Moroccanoil and Kerastase to do!

I have been obsessed with hair oils and serums for about 6 months, after reading of all the great things they can do for your hair. I have tried: John frieda, Moroccanoil, Organix, kerastase, Tommy Guns weather drops, argan 5+ serum, with varying degrees of success.

Moroccanoil was ok and probably the best out of those lot. It left my hair softer, but I wasn't wow-ed by it and it was expensive. So I thought I'd give this a go. Now this stuff wows me - and it's a fraction of the price.

This oil makes my hair softer and shinier, but also leaves the colour richer and makes it bouncy and full of body (whereas Kerastase left my hair flat and flyaway). My hair looks glossier and generally better cared for. I use 1-2 drops, rubbed between the palms of my hands, after conditioning. I also love the fact that it has heat protection up to 230 degrees.

I would definitely buy this again and if, like me, you have been underwhelmed by more expensive hair oils and serums, I recommend giving this a try.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Moenique

Am using a sample of the "Total Repair 5 - For All Hair Types Extraordinary Oil". Of course am always skeptical with new products, but have been rubbing in a small amount mid-length through the ends of my damp hair after shampooing and before blow-drying. It's pretty amazing that a drugstore product can outperform Aveda Smooth Infusion glossing straightener! Leaves my coarse, colored hair soft, shiny and controllable without any heaviness or residue, am truly impressed this time! It's only June, but can already tell this is going to be my HG for "summer hair" this year.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by adriannee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this hair oil! I put it on 10 minutes before I hop in the shower to wash my hair, then again in my wet hair afterwards. My hair has always tended to be really dry and poofy, especially since it's only just recovering from being extremely damaged, but when I use this my hair is smooth, shiny and soooooo soft! I've heard complaints about the smell but I actually really like the smell, but maybe Australia has a slightly different product so it smells different? Or perhaps just different tastes. :-) Anyway, this isn't exactly a miracle product as it has no long term effects that i've noticed, but it definitely helps control my hair so I'm not tempted to straighten it. 2 pumps is enough for my shoulder length hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by ehlisen

I love this product! I use abt 2-3 pumps on damp hair and it solves the problem of tangled hair. I have also recently dyed my hair so this also makes my hair feel like how it is before dyeing! Overall really love it except that the packaging is glass which although makes it sturdy, can be hard to travel (the pump does come with a lock function though!) and the price is abit steep.