L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil

3.8

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Chamomilla Recutita Extract/ Matricaria Flower Extract, Cocos Nucifera Oil/ Coconut Oil, Nelumbium Speciosum Extract/ Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Cinnamal, Linalool, Linum Usitatissimum Flower Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Bisabolol, Glycine Soja Oil/Soybean Oil, Parfum/ Fragrance

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got this in the normal version in travel size. It has a nice flowery scent which at first made me think of something my mom would use. The feel of the oil is light, blends into hair easily but it is hard to wash off hands and remains oily. I have used it for after blow drying almost dry hair and for dry hair just before I go out. I think it is okay, not really anything special. It doesn't tame fly-aways but I like that it has more than one purpose. Point to note is that I have alot of fly aways due to eczema on the scalp.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Reviewing the fine hair version. I had high hopes for this after reading positive reviews. I have very long but very fine straight hair that is prone to fly aways and breakage. This product made my hair feel wiry... like dry with a wierd residue. Retried numerous times with same result. Disapointed as it was expensive.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This made my hair dry, frizzy and tangled.

I personally love this hair oil and I have bought it twice. I think with any hair oil you have to be so careful and only apply to mid-ends sparingly so sometimes it may be that people writing bad reviews simply are using too much and in the wrong place! I personally love it for my ends and makes drying a lot simpler!! 1 bottle of this lasted me a whole year last year and I have just bought my seccond bottle about 4/5 months ago to which still looks full! I use this every time after I wash my hair and apply before drying to the ends with 1-2 pumps and the remaining on my hands into the middle area to avoid any greasy looking hair! You can also use it as a serum on dry hair to tame fly always but again, I would use a teeny tiny bit and run through the Palm of hands first. The packaging is a gold glass bottle and the texture is a thick oil which you can tell but shaking the bottle, I believe there is a light spray watery version for coloured hair but I think it would not be anywhere as effective, as the oil is what really sorts your hair out. Really enjoy this product as it is the only product I use on my hair. I agree however, that the shampoo and conditioner can be too oily and heavy therefore I don't reccomend to use the whole set, I tend to use any shampoo and conditioner brand. I would recommend to use a deep cleansing or everyday cleaning type shampoo/conditioner that. Isn't too heavy. Great product and I will continue to buy!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This will ruin your hair in the long run. This stuff indeed does work great, seals split ends, give your hair nice gloss and smell. But...it's packed with alcohol. Do not use it if your hair is already damaged from colouring and over styling. Look at the ingredients, this isn't stuff that's good for your hair. I'm sticking with natural oil blends that are free of alcohol.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When it comes to rescuing your dry ends or boosting the shine of your hair, I'd consider buying this a smart investment.
To be honest, my first impression when I saw this on the drugstore shelf was that there are so many hair oils that the price should be a little bit cheaper, if you think twice, there are so many "luxury" brands selling more expensive products that do as well as this or even do less. So maybe it's just a tiny little bit more expensive than I was expecting. I finally bought it in sale for half the price and I'm glad I did it =)
The truth is it last very long. You only need a pump or two in the half down lenght of your hair because otherwise you'll get greasy hair. Most the times, if I'm looking for maintenance, not a repair from a very dameged hair, I only rub it in the ends of the hair and that's it.
I have to say that I've tried some other equivalent oils by other brands and I like this the most. It's probably the most powerful I've tried so far.
The bottle is very good for a drugstore product, doesn't feel cheap and the kind of gold reflection it has to it makes it a nice piece of glass to have on my hair corner of the table.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I hate the smell. Couldn't stand it although it does work as it claim. Good for reducing frizz and add shine.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is really nice product ..The smell is so nice like an expensive perfume...also the price is good because the product last forever!

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I tried this range as I needed something thick that would really give my hair the extra moisture it needed.
I was in for a very pleasant shock!

Products smell AMAZING!! I would buy this just for the way it makes my hair smell. The masque is always in my bathroom - never go without it.
Shampoo and conditioner are also a MUST have. Leaves my Black Hair (4c) feeling soft, smelling great, and gives it a bit of shine.

I'll definitely recommend this to fellow black ladies who want to try something different!!! Add is as part of your moisture treatments.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have been using this fir about 4-5yrs and will always use it but with the red cap for colored hair , i tried the one with gold cap for nor colored hair and it didnt do as good if a job.
*** Hair products for colored hair will always work the best because they will have more nourishment,witch colored(damaged) hair needs,
Would highly recommend it,
And the spray one (purple cap) isn't as good either as the red one :)