September 2, 2014 | 1927 users online

Hair Treatments - L'Oreal - Elvive Extraordinary Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by urs123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great serum - fairly light, very smooth, easy to distribute evenly, smells nice. Does a decent job, doesn't completely smooth my hair but definitely helps. It is my go to until I find something amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This oil is not comparible to hair oils such as Moroccan oil and Kérastase, but for the price you are paying, it is a great quality product. I have never really liked any other oils for my hair, apart from Moroccan Oil, I have thick, long hair and Moroccan Oil seems to be the only oil to nourish my hair so I never took any interest in trying to find a cheaper version. I only gave this a try because a friend had a bottle and she didn't like it so she gave me it to try out and I liked it! It does its job, it is nice to just run through the hair whenever it is feeling dry and you get what you pay for, in the sense that it isn't going to be as nourishing or as rich as Moroccan Oil but it still does what it promises to do!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by whatisaspacebar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This review is for the "extra rich for dry and damaged hair" (it has the coppery/burgundy cap). My hair is thick, curled, dry and coarse. Doesn't look glossy when straightened no matter what product I put in to help it. Straightened, it looks like a dry, thick horse tail- sexy! So this oil didn't magically transform it into the "silky smooth" hair Zohan dreamed of. But that aside, it manages my curls beautifully. It encourages the curl without it looking "oily" or product saturated. I use 1-2 pumps and work it from the tips of my hair to the middle and rub my fingers along the fringe and edges. I've found it restores tangled and flattened bed hair curls back into lovely curls. I already purchased a second bottle because it was on sale and I like the oil well enough to continue with it. I'd recommend anyone with similar hair to mine to give it a try.
PROS:
Smells lovely
Doesn't weigh down or "grease up" the hair
Encourages and can even "resurrect and reshape" curl
Adds a subtle gloss
CONS:
No silky smooth transformation when straightening hair
Not a game changer in terms of transforming hair into a silken sheet

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 6:25:00 AM More reviews by littleantlers85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This does everything that I wanted Moroccanoil and Kerastase to do!

I have been obsessed with hair oils and serums for about 6 months, after reading of all the great things they can do for your hair. I have tried: John frieda, Moroccanoil, Organix, kerastase, Tommy Guns weather drops, argan 5+ serum, with varying degrees of success.

Moroccanoil was ok and probably the best out of those lot. It left my hair softer, but I wasn't wow-ed by it and it was expensive. So I thought I'd give this a go. Now this stuff wows me - and it's a fraction of the price.

This oil makes my hair softer and shinier, but also leaves the colour richer and makes it bouncy and full of body (whereas Kerastase left my hair flat and flyaway). My hair looks glossier and generally better cared for. I use 1-2 drops, rubbed between the palms of my hands, after conditioning. I also love the fact that it has heat protection up to 230 degrees.

I would definitely buy this again and if, like me, you have been underwhelmed by more expensive hair oils and serums, I recommend giving this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Moenique

Am using a sample of the "Total Repair 5 - For All Hair Types Extraordinary Oil". Of course am always skeptical with new products, but have been rubbing in a small amount mid-length through the ends of my damp hair after shampooing and before blow-drying. It's pretty amazing that a drugstore product can outperform Aveda Smooth Infusion glossing straightener! Leaves my coarse, colored hair soft, shiny and controllable without any heaviness or residue, am truly impressed this time! It's only June, but can already tell this is going to be my HG for "summer hair" this year.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by adriannee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this hair oil! I put it on 10 minutes before I hop in the shower to wash my hair, then again in my wet hair afterwards. My hair has always tended to be really dry and poofy, especially since it's only just recovering from being extremely damaged, but when I use this my hair is smooth, shiny and soooooo soft! I've heard complaints about the smell but I actually really like the smell, but maybe Australia has a slightly different product so it smells different? Or perhaps just different tastes. :-) Anyway, this isn't exactly a miracle product as it has no long term effects that i've noticed, but it definitely helps control my hair so I'm not tempted to straighten it. 2 pumps is enough for my shoulder length hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by ehlisen

I love this product! I use abt 2-3 pumps on damp hair and it solves the problem of tangled hair. I have also recently dyed my hair so this also makes my hair feel like how it is before dyeing! Overall really love it except that the packaging is glass which although makes it sturdy, can be hard to travel (the pump does come with a lock function though!) and the price is abit steep.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2014 5:57:00 AM More reviews by teray

I have fine hair. I don't use (rinse) conditioner everytime I shampoo, so I use leave in conditioner or oil. This oil is not greasy to the feel but it does on my hair. It doesn't give you that greasy feel immediately, but after a few hours I feel like I didn't wash my hair for several days.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by liews

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Started using this oil a while ago, and I am really satisfied in terms of how it helps in my hair for the day. Usually my hair is very prone to tangling, after a few hours it will start to tangle like hell.

But! After applying this on damp hair after wash, my hair no longer tangles for the day. I run my fingers throughout my length and it runs through smoothly all day.

However, I find that this product does not work well/ absorb well on dry hair. I tried using it on dry hair initially but it didn't seem to have any effect at all, and I was kinda disappointed. Also? I don't think this product benefits my hairs' well being. Meaning it doesn't help my hair in the long run, its like make up, only helps for the day and without it, my hair will be back to normal.

I don't know if this product will still be able to keep my hair de-tangled if I use a heat process on it, have yet to try.

I see a number of reviews saying that it makes the hair oily and sticky. I am not sure why it that so but maybe too much is used. The bottle says 3-4 drops, so I use accordingly, and a drop or two more if I feel its necessary. It doesn't require much to work its magic ime.

It costs really ex in Singapore (USD18 at sale).. but I managed to get it from Malaysia through a friend for around USD12..? I would say it is worth for the price I paid. Only thing I wish is that it actually shows some long term results.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by chachalala

1st: The packaging feels expensive. Sleek glass bottle with a pump. I like the fact I can get the product by pumping. (I tried other hair treatment oil that requires me to un-cap and pour out the product = my oily hands capping back = i need to wash my hands first)

2nd: This really works. My hair feels smooth and hydrated after using. The product is liquid + oil mixture? Not sure if I'm making any sense but I'm fine with this texture. It doesn't smell amazing though. It smells like clay + chemical. But it's not overpowering and the smell just disappears after a while.

3rd: Price is decent. Cost $26.70 in Singapore. Not exactly cheap but it's bearable

4th: Do not be greedy if you are going out right after using this product. Your hair will stick/clump/flop! It's not as light as what they have advertised. i was ambitious during my first few tries,..So i pump like 5-6 times and spread all over my hair. It's definitely not advisable, My fringe flop and sticks. So i suggest 2-3 times for lower part of your hair and just brush through the fringe with whatever that is left for top part. (p.s I have waist length hair -thin type)

I am semi in love with this product. I definitely purchase it again.But there're many other brands that I want to try. So this product will be on hold. LOL