November 28, 2014 | 1935 users online

Styling Products - Dove - Style+Care Nourishing Amplifier Mousse

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually like this! I just needed a simple mousse to style my bangs and add some body and texture to my hair so I can wave/curl it after blow dry, and this does the job. Not too sticky, not too heavy or too little hold. Just a very good, average hair mousse. There is enough stickiness to control your hair but not so much that it glues together and not so moisturizing that it "weighs down" your hair. Surprised I liked this especially at $4, and was happy I made a good choice, as I was not knowing what to expect. It is almost similar to the Sebastian Whip which is about 5x's more expensive. I think this will work for many hair types.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by katiexcutiekiss

Ok. This mouse has changed my life in more ways than one. My whole life i have been strictly against mouse as it never did anything for my frizzy, ridiculous hair. I used this mousse just to flatten down the frizzies in a ponytail and when i took it down, beautiful, soft, bouncy curls! So from then on i just ran it straight through damp hair and when it dries im blessed with frizz free golden ringlets, thank you dove! I'm in love

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by KourtneyBrooke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just threw the rest of this out. and i had a lot left. only bought it a month ago tops. It did NOTHING for my hair. Didn't define curls, didn't crunch, didn't help with body or frizz. just nothing. might as well have nothing in my hair at all. i think my hair would have looked better without it. bleh. bummer. i liked how it came out like whipped cream. it oddly felt too sticky on hands, but didn't stick well to hair. odd.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smells nice, doesn't make my hair stiff or sticky and it doesn't dry out my ends but its supposed to be a volumizing mousse and it doesn't give me any volume. I gave it a two because it doesn't do anything terrible to my hair, so its not like I can NEVER put this in...but I'm looking for a boost of volume without the I-Just-Put-Mousse-In-My-Hair after feel I get with most standard mousses.

No I wont buy this again, I dont care how cheap it us...sorry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is fab! Thank you, MUA, for saving me from wasting money on a much more expensive mousse that I almost picked up on impulse at this fancy new Target by my work last week. I looked up reviews for this after aforementioned product was only rated 2.0/5, and this had much better ratings. I've been using it all week, and when I blow dry my hair, it is the shiniest, sleekest, and has body and a swishy quality I don't usually have. When I put it in and don't blow dry it, my hair holds whatever style I've pushed it into, and is not crunchy or anything. Love, and will repurchase FOREVER, probably.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by ReckoningPerrie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am almost done with my first bottle, in other words im off to get a new one tomorrow :) I have very thick, wavy hair. I have recently stopped using heat on my hair and this product enhances my hairs natural beauty significantly. Especially for the hair health freak that i am :) i suggest trying it for sure

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Devi83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! For ages I've been looking for a mousse that would give my fine hair a boost without making it feel heavy or rough. Most volumizing products weigh my hair down & make it look dull, but this always leaves my hair bouncy & shiny with nice volume. I'll be getting it again for sure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by scraps

I actually like this for my hair. It left it feeling soft and smooth and no frizz.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I generally find little difference between styling mousses, so when Wal-Mart stopped carrying my last favorite, Tresemme Naturals Mousse, I grabbed this Dove mousse without fuss. All I ask of a mousse is that it add body and control to my fine, straight hair without weighing it down or making it feel stiff. This Dove product is one of the few mousses to disappoint me. It works well enough at adding body and control, but it leaves my hair feeling weighed down, coated, and rough. The one thing I really like about it is the super subtle scent--so subtle that it is almost fragrance free. However, performance is more important than scent, and this product just doesn't measure up.

Ingredients: Water, Isobutane, Propane, Polyquaternium-4, Polyquaternium-11, Fragrance, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Steareth-2, DMDM Hydantoin, Butane, Folic Acid, Collagen, Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether, Cetrimonium Chloride. continued >>