September 2, 2014 | 1815 users online

Sunscreen - Hawaiian Tropic - Silk Hydration Broad Spectrum SPF 30

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I enjoy the coconut scent of Hawaiian tropic spf's but I have not found any that are ok to use on my face. I only use their products for my body as they tend to make my face extremely greasy and my makeup does not sit well on top. It also causes my makeup to melt away very qucikly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by temadeamor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this lotion when I know I will be exposing skin to the sun and need to use SPF in my lotion. The sun in the inland northwest is brutal leaving me with a very dark tan, so I needed something. This lotion is very silky and leaves my skin soft and has a pleasant smell. definitely recommend it

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm so happy I decided to try out this product! I'm 21 years old and have very pale skin. I want to keep my skin looking young and youthful for as long as I can, so I knew that I would have to incorporate sunscreen into my daily routine like I have with moisturizers. I wanted something that wasn't greasy and didn't have the typical sunscreen-y smell that I found to be super overpowering.

This definitely meets those requirements. It has such a nice pleasant smell that is not overpowering at all, it actually fades away after awhile. It's super easy to rub in and I haven't seen a whitecast yet. No greasy feeling either.

For reference, I don't use this on my face and haven't tried it there yet. I use Kiss My Face for Face + Neck spf 30 sunscreen which so far is working out great. I want my sunscreens to last for awhile so I decided to separate my facial sunscreen from my body sunscreen.

But anyways, this sunscreen is definitely worth checking out. I'll definitely keep repurchasing it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: Wonderfully moisturizing without greasiness! SPF 30. Scent is not overpowering (tropical, coconut scent). Makeup wears well on this and doesn't ball up on top of it.

CONS: If I wear it for more than 3 days in a row, I will get clogged pores from it, so I have to just save it for days I'm going to be in the sun a lot. (I am prone to clogging.)

ALTERNATES: Trader Joe's Enrich SPF 15 is moisturizing without ANY greasiness and I use it on the days I won't be out in the sun a lot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by autumn95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:
Inexpensive. Under $10.00 cdn
Feels like body lotion
Tropical smell
Travel size is available and fits in purse
Photostable
Broad Spectrum UVA and UVB protection

Cons:
It is fragranced and it might be appealing to everyone.

I have repurchased the large size and I refill the small travel size for purse.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by sufferingfromvertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I looooooooove this product! Being super fair, and prone to horrific, painful sunburns, I decided to be more proactive and take better care of my skin. When I was looking for a lotion with sunscreen, I didn't want it to be greasy, and I didn't want it to smell like sunscreen. This fits both of those requirements! It absorbs quickly, it smells delicious (I actually got complimented on the smell today), and I like wearing it, which makes me more likely to remember to apply it before I leave the house. No longer do I burn my arms, shoulders, and neck area when I'm out driving or running errands. And it's reasonably priced, available everywhere, and I got the huge size on sale at walgreens! I can't recommend this enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by hayleyrex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

AWESOME sunscreen. And I use a LOT of sunscreen! So I'm basically an expert!

I'm fair, burn very easily, I need suncreen even when it's overcast and theres no sun. I've worked several summer jobs requiring me to be outside all day during the summer. I really hate sunscreens that are thick to apply, leave a layer of slime on your skin and make you chalky white. Which is basically every single other sunscreen... but this one.

It has the color and consistency of a body lotion, it sinks right into your skin instead of lying on top of it, and no white. So, that's it. I just sold it right there! What could be easier! No more having to blend and blend and blend. No more having to wash your hands right away after applying so you dont get white over EVERYTHING. The other Hawaiian Tropic product that comes in similar packaging is no good, leaving the film and all. So be careful and look for the "Silk Hydration" and the "ribbons".

The only downside I would give this HG product is has a very specific scent, which is kind of fruity, but not unpleasant, and it will remind you of memories of summertime all year round!

If I could buy this by the crateful I would! You should at least go get the tester size which is available pretty much everywhere. And you're welcome.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Jenabee333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to use aerosol spray sunscreens thinking that the coverage was easier and better because I disliked greasy, sticky creams and that awful SPF smell that seems to hang around forever. With the spray, I end up missing many areas because I'm not rubbing it on and can't feel where it is. Inevitably, I wind up protected, save a small burned patch on my ankle or back.

This product solved all my dilemmas. It applies well on the skin and doesn't leave a greasy feel, it smells fresh once I've put it on, I barely know it's there. I've never had a burn with his product-- I should say that I actually bought the SPF 50 this time as I was taking medication that caused sunlight sensitivity but normally, I wear a 30. I normally don't reapply, even after swimming unless I notice that my skin is starting to become red.

The packaging is slim and smooth and fits easily in my backpack or beach bag without weighing a ton.

I am off to purchase more of this great product today!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

A great product for someone who is looking for a lightweight, non-greasy sunscreen. Absorbs super quick & leaves almost no residue, except for the extra hydration from the lotion. It also smells pretty amazing for a sunscreen, and when I apply it - I feel like I am just applying a basic moisturizer. Love it & I highly recommend! The Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Sunscreen is also really great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Chall6464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love it! Feels like lotion, not a greasy/sticky sunscreen like the ones I'm used to. Light coconut scent. Dries quick and non-tacky. Broad spectrum (UVA &B protection) and water-resistant. What is there not to like? I would definitely buy again.