April 16, 2014 | 970 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Colorstay Smoky Shadow Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by cecilelpham

I have been looking for a brown shadow stick for everyday use, so I bought this in torch (brown/pink). The brown color is absolutely amazing! It is a perfect brown that is suitable for everyday wear. I can use this an eyeliner because it is so pigmented, and I also wear it on my lower lash line. The staying power is really great - I can wear it for 8 hours with no smudging or creasing at all. Also I really like the packaging and overall concept of shadow sticks - they literally take 1-2 minutes to apply! My only problem is that I don't use the pink shade because it is too light and doesn't show up on my eyelids. However that's okay because I am in love with the brown shadow. I'm probably going to get the atomic (gold/olive) shadow stick as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by ShaniMesh

HORRIBLE PROUCT.
So disappointed.
i bought this at my local drugstore and the tips on both sides fell after 2 applications.
The gray color is a pretty dark gray color.but this lighter white side is not noticable.

I threw this away two days after purchasing.
DO NOT RECCOMEND.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The sticks dry up and fall out of the tubes. I've even seen this already happen to new sealed ones at the store. Also the pigment is very sheer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by BBFF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product, however, I only ever use this as an eyeshadow base, like one would a NYX JEP pencil, but with less tugging. I have the 'torch' shade. I rub the pale colour all over my lid and into the crease, then gently smooth it over with my ring finger.If needed, the brown shade goes on the outer lid. I always pat some pressed eyeshadow(s) on top, HE or drugstore...with this product, my eyeshadow does not crease all day and there is no other product helping it to stay on, like UDPP...so it's a greatly underrated item in my make up bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by TheGoofQueen

I have the worst luck with eye shadow products - my eyes are set just right that 90% of eye shadows crease horribly within an hour or so. This product stays put, and can even serve as a way to hold other powder shadows on longer than they'd normally last. However, the stick inside the darker shade broke for me and fell out - not necessarily a problem, if mine hadn't landed in the toilet. :( The price is also a bit disconcerting, approximately $7 for only two shades, but not too bad. Overall a good product, and I would purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Ania_Wang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got it from my friend as a present in Torch. I didn't think that it will work. But despite my expectations it has very nice colors and even almost doesn't crease.
The only thing which turned me down (one lippie off) is that the stick of a lighter shade fell out of the tube. I can put it back but if I turn it upside down it would fall out again. But I still can use it.. so it's ok...
Overall its a very convinient product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this double sided stick in 201 Torch - one side contains a champagne pink highlighting colour with a blunt, rounded end and the other a slightly sharpened dark brown, with warm, coppery specks.

A very big advantage of these is that they set and do not budge (though after about 2-3 hours I am experiencing a bit of nasty creasing) but before they set I am able to smear the colours with my 4th finger to the shape and opacity I need.

I was hoping that the pearly light pink will be indeed - light pink but on my lids, it almost looks white and a bit chalky so I do not use it that often. The dark brown is indeed my favourite.

Packaging in cheap and plastic and even though I've used it just a couple of times both lids are already cracked, grrrr.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought the shadow stick in "Torch", which features a blunt ended pale, slightly shimmering highlight colour and a rich dark brown shaped end. The consistency of the product is lovely, very creamy and easy to apply but firm enough to make application controllable. The colours of this particular stick are decidedly neutral and can be used easily to create either a casual daytime look or a deeper, smoky eye effect - the two shades blend together beautifully. It's easy to use the colours straight from the stick then blend with fingers or brush. And they do stay on very well - not as well as the colourstay eyeshadow pallates, but by the end of the day they've become subtle rather than badly faded. I found they did not sink into fine lines or crease at all - very flattering to those of us with less youthful skins.

One problem I did find with this stick is that the highlighter colour has fallen out of the end of the stick more than once - now that I know about this tendency I am careful and do not point it downwards when the lid is off. However you only have to drop it once onto a dirty floor or surface for it to be ruined, so I do think that unless I'm just unlucky and bought a faulty item this is a serious product flaw.

Overall I am very impressed by this product and have been using it regularly since purchasing. For the price you are getting a very useable, flattering and long lasting item.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by bonnydoon

I purchased this on a whim since I had a CVS coupon not expecting much, but I'm pleasantly surprised. I have light brown hair, blue eyes, NW20 skin tone and the Torch shade works very well to bring out my eye colour. Don't expect loads of pigment. The light colour gives the lids some glimmer, and the cocoa-bronze works nicely as an eyeliner, but nothing like what you'd expect from HE shadow. But, I don't always want highly pigmented ES and this product really does give a subtle, polished look.

IN addition, this product does way more for me than NARS creme shadows (I have 4!!) by way of staying power, and this is even without a primer, powder etc. I'm talking 8 hours and minimal creasing.

So, $22 for one nars shadow that creases in 30 min or $7 for two, nearly equivalent Revlon shadows that last all day? your choice.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Rachulll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this product in the 201 Torch color. Its a double ended stick, one with a medium to dark brow, the other with a pearlescent, peach hued highlighter. The product isn't a bad one, but to me the point of a product like this is to create an eye makeup look with one product, and these colors seem like a poor match for that. The brown is too dark for all-over eye use, and the peachy color doesn't have enough pigment. In addition, they do not stay on that well. Not a product i'll repurchase, thats certain.