Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish Foundation Spf 15

2.9

Octinoxate (2.9%), Titanium Dioxide (1.6%) Other: Water, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavendar), Glyceryl Oleate, Lecithin, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Alumina, Stearic Acid, Citric Acid, Talc, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]

I tried countless foundations from drugstore to top of the market brands and Bobbi Brown Long-Wear would have to be the best foundation I have come by! The texture is more thicker than say your NARS Sheer Glow or All Day Luminous and if you suffer from combination skin like myself I suggest applying a primer ( Hourglass Mineral Veil is a godsend) because without it can stick to dry spots! This foundation dries really quickly and matte and I always apply Too Faced Coco Powder and can go a whole working day without any touch ups whatsoever. I have medium skin tone with yellow/natural undertones and use Cool Beige 3.25 and Too Faced Light/Medium as I hate any pink tones. The only thing I could fault with the Bobbi Long Wear is it works better in the cool to dryer season- it's not a foundation that's going to benefit during the hot humid seasons and the less you use the better application I find, even tho it's a medium build-able product less is best! I normally apply the long wear with my BareMinerals Precision Face brush but am curious to see if I will get an even 'better' application using my fingers- the reviews I've read are recommending no brush application for a smoother, flawless result. Oh and the last part to make you cringe is that it's $70 (AUS) for a bottle, but it lasts twice as long as the drugstore foundations and your final judgement on the product after trying it for yourselves will come down to your application

Not sure why this long wear foundation has gotten negative reviews. Perhaps they have recently changed the formula (?). Usually I use Armani Luminous Silk (with a primer) which has an excellent natural feel, however for me, it does not cover problem areas such as brown spots and broken capillaries effectively: it is too light. In the past, I've used Bobbi Brown and decided to come back because I needed heavier coverage due to sun damage and brown spots. For the level of coverage (medium to full), this formula is better than many others on the market. I've tried the Makeup Forever HD which was way too dry and chalky with the formula settling into my lines (how did it get high ratings??). It did not have a natural finish (and I used a primer first too). Bobbi Brown had a more natural feel with heavier coverage-- it reduced the appearance of my brown spots significantly. Also, for foundation color matching, Bobbi Brown can't be beat!!

One caveat-- you will need to use a primer or moisturizing lotion (you can purchase oil free moisturizers) first for best results! I have combination skin and use color #3

The foundation has kind of waxy-moussy thick consistency which makes it bit difficult to spread.
It is medium coverage. The foundation did a pretty good job covering the imperfections and skin redness, yet my face did look as if it lacked dimension. Longevity is pretty good. A little oil does seep through, but it is not a big deal.
The colour I got (Sand) is good for fair to medium skin - NC/NW20. It is quite neutral, does not run orangey. No oxidation observed.

I don't know why there are so many bad reviews on this foundation? I prefer it to my nars and mac foundation. I'm not sure what it's like in the darker shades but in porcelain it is so pretty on my skin and find it to be a medium to full coverage :-)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Good Lord, what was I thinking? I had been wanting to try Bobbi Brown's foundations for, like, forever… and then I finally got my chance. I wandered into a dept. store wearing no make-up, marched right up to the Bobbi Brown counter, and asked to be color-matched for a light-medium coverage foundation. Fine. So the Bobbi Brown girl matched me up to this Long Wear Even Finish Foundation SPF 15 in the color "Natural." The color match itself is 'okay'… although I think I would have much preferred a shade darker. I can see the "light spots/streaks" around my nose after application, which indicates to me that the shade is a tad too light. If it was the right color, it would blend right in and I wouldn't have to keep rubbing my skin in an attempt to erase the streaks. I use primer with this, and I think I would have a heckuva time trying to get this on my face without one. The formula seems a bit "dry" and doesn't meld right in to your skin, but rather just sits there. I dislike the lavender smell- and normally, I LIKE lavender! I was disappointed to see lavender in the ingredients, because I have sensitive skin and was afraid this would cause a rash. I am sure if I used it consistently, I would have a bumpy face from this… but I just don't like it enough to use it at all anymore. My biggest disappointment about this foundation is the lack of coverage I get from it. Granted, I don't want to look like I'm wearing a mask and my foundation was applied with a putty knife… BUT I DO want it to *at LEAST* cover my mild rosacea spots! This doesn't cover anything! It wears more like a tinted moisturizer on my skin than a foundation, and that is not what I was in the market for. That was why I went into the store without makeup on in the first place: I wanted the makeup artist to SEE my skin flaws and recommend a foundation that would blur out the flaws. (Isn't that the whole PURPOSE of wearing foundation in the first place?) She failed, the foundation failed- and I failed myself by spending $48 + tax on this. Looks like my HG is still my HG, and I will be sticking to what really works for me. I will probably try this one more time in the winter to see if the color match is any better… and if it still doesn't cover the pinker areas around my nose… this is going straight in the garbage. I have no time or patience for products that don't do what they're supposed to.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm on my 3rd bottle of this foundation.
Something you really need to understand is this foundation is very matte and sets very quickly! I had to learn the hard way that not a single foundation brush would work, so ladies use your fingers or beauty blenders.
I used this while I was on Roaccutane and it didn't dry out my face as long as I used a hydrating primer underneath.
Now my skin is acne free and very normal I use less and the coverage I get with my beauty blender is perfect.
Negative points:
1. Price - $70.00 in Aus (Crazy)
2. It sinks into my lines around my mouth and forehead and I'm only 25! I have yet to find a way to stop this.

Even with these issues I still buy it because the pump bottle is so easy to use and very controllable, also the colour match is prefect as I have beigey-yellow toned skin and I am "Beige 3" in their range.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to like this foundation but, I hated it. Was not long wearing as it says. I did use a primer, I used the regular Milk Of Magnesia since I have very oily skin and I even set my face with powder. My face was an oil slick within less then an hour. I have yellow/golden undertones and was recommended the shade 'Honey' but, within an hour the foundation oxide making me look like I got a really bad tan. I Won't be buying this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Another fail from Bobbi Brown. I don't know even know why I try to like her products. The odd ingredients often puzzle me and wonder if they simply don't care. One of the ingredients is lavender oil, which is known to cause cell death. If I want a long wearing foundation, I will be sticking to Estee Lauder Double Wear, which less expensive too. I will not purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my 2nd go around with this foundation. The color match is unbeatable. Bobbi's foundations never oxidize on me. What I've been doing is mixing this foundation with Estée lauders double wear. Those two formulas 50/50 make my holy grail foundation! Great color, excellent coverage, and longevity without being a mask!

Does it work that well on its own? Meh. It's a long wear foundation that is trying to look like skin. I get that trend I do and if I had nice skin I wouldn't need a heavy coverage long wearing foundation.

True rating 3.75/5.0

I'm very surprised to read so many bad reviews of this foundation. I bought this because of a beauty blogger I follow. She's been raving about this foundation for a couple of years and always insists that it's her holy grail. I think Bobbi Brown products are usually very good but so freakin' expensive (what are you? Gucci?) so I tend to stay away. However, I found my shade in an outlet store of Estée Lauder's brands we have where I live so I bought it (30% off so it was a pretty good deal).
It's a natural to matte finish, it dries VERY quickly (like Estée Lauder's Double Wear) so you have to work quickly or work by areas of your face. It's a medium coverage and I usually apply it with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush or the Beauty Blender and it never looks cakey (1 1/2 pumps is plenty enough).
I have combination skin and it works awesome, I don't have to blot that often. I would recommend this to oily and combination girls, DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE DRY SKIN. It will cling to dry patches like a MOFO (try their Skin Foundation instead).
I really really like this for the colder months when I can pull off more coverage (and not sweat like a crazy person). I really like L'Oreal True Match too (as a reference) but this Bobbi Brown one I think looks more natural...less cakey...less like a mask?
Anyway, yes, I would repurchase but not full price.

P.S. Excuse any mistakes, English is not my main language.