July 28, 2014 | 2074 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Even Finish Foundation Spf 15

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by sunsetrose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use the shade Alabaster (00). I came to use this product because it is a good color match for my very fair skin. (That's the reason I'd buy it again.) It evens the skin tone in a flawless way but does look like makeup. The texture and smell of the product could be better. I don't use it every day, or especially when I know I'd sweat, because it can start to feel cakey. It does not cause acne for me, but very important to wash it off well at the end of the day. I'm looking for something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by sksksk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nowhere near as good as the previous Natural Finish foundation. It has too strong a smell of lavender which is also a bit irritating to my skin. It doesn't really last very long at all and really did not conceal the redness on my nose. If you have any dryness at all it will highlight it. However, the shade matches are good and this might be just for someone with very oily skin. It;s a real shame as I really like Bobbi Brown but the more moisturising foundations seem to be a bit too glowy for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by N987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation because I was using Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation and found it too light. I asked for something that could last all day and the girl at the stand reccommend this one.

I have the 4.5 Warm Natural shade and it fits me really well (I had 4.25 Natural tan of Moisture Rich but the girl told me his one will match my skin tone better)

I don't have any problem with the smell, for me it is fine. The formula is much thicker than Moisture Rich and a bit hard to blend. I have combination skin and after a few hours wearing this foundation I start to shine, even if I used powder. This means I only can use it in Autumn/Winter but never in Summer.

Overall it is a good foundation but don't think I will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by chloemcg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Having gone through a phase of wanting to try a different foundation, I found myself at the Bobbi Brown counter in John Lewis in Cardiff. I told the girl that I was currently using double wear, and wanted something of a similar coverage. she removed a tiny bit of my own makeup from my cheek before matching me to the shade warm beige. if I'm perfectly honest I seen little or no difference to the small patch of my skin. Reluctantly, I agreed to buy it (in a complete whim) and even my boyfriend commented that he didn't think I really wanted to buy it! I then went home to do what I should have done beforehand, and read reviews on the product. The foundation received a mixed but mostly negative review, mainly about the awful stench of lavender which i discovered the next morning! The foundation itself I find very hard to blend as it is quite thick, not to mention I had to pour the product out of the bottle as the pump was broken! Even when applied with my sigma f80 it was horribly thick and hard to blend. Is it long wearing? no, my face was like an oil slick within a few hours, and looked rather patchy and cakey. May work for other skin types but most certainly didn't work for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Jen25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation stinks... literally. The smell is terrible. Other reviews claim it to be due to the lavender oil. I'm not sure what ingredient is the cause, but the smell is horrid. I let 2 of my friends take a whiff of it, and they both thought it had to be something other than makeup or foundation. It's smells like rancid Play-Dough. Yuck.

The coverage is light to medium at best. Color selection is great and that was the first thing that drew me to Bobbi Brown. Staying power is meh, and it would work best for very oily complexions. Definitely not a dry skin foundation. It will cling. Pump and packaging are nice, but that's it. I definitely would not repurchase it. I really wanted to wash it all off of my face 5 minutes after putting it on simply due to the smell.

At $48.00 USD I'll pass. There are so many other great foundations in this price range, it makes zero sense to waste your money on this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far I really like this foundation. I got a pretty good color match, I'm pretty fair with yellow undertones and I bought warm sand. All of bobbi browns foundations seems to be fairly yellow undertoned which I like. I did try the Skin foundation and found it way to oily and luminous for oily skin. I have very oily acne prone skin so decided to try this out because it was matte and had spf. The staying power is pretty good, I blotted and none of it seemed to transfer off or anything. The coverage is pretty good as well, I'd say medium, darker pigmentation always needs concealer even with a full coverage foundation in my experience. I've tried my fair share of foundations I'd say and I have to say this is one of the better ones I've tried. Blends easily, no patchy dry spots, and no break outs. This is a $48 dollar foundation so I did have high expectations and I can say it didn't disappoint. Can see this as my every day foundation.

Edit: I ended up returning the product. I was using it the week of a cold and had a really stuffy nose and did not realize the strong scent! My bf had commented on it while I was wearing it but I had no clue what he had been talking about. Once my cold went away I smelled the foundation and it is so strong. I smelled it all day while wearing it which I did not like at all. Was hoping to use this as an every day foundation instead of my nars sheer glow but so far still no contender.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by DDloves2shop

I had been looking for a foundation which would last the day without greasing up on my oily t-zone, and after reading so many great reviews on this product I decided to give it a go.

I was concerned however about the presence of lavender oil which I thought was a reactive agent causing breakouts in the skin. The Bobbi Brown counter in John Lewis Stratford refused to give me a sample and assured me the lavender oil would not make me break out.

So i took the risk (though I probably shouldn't have).

The smell of lavender is quite prominent- and I have only used this twice so I can't say if it would cause irritation after long term use. So far it hasn't. Phew.

Now on to the foundation itself- it is about medium coverage, but buildable. And although reviews rave that it looks so natural and 'just like skin', I thought it looked awful. It looked far from natural, and despite only using one squirt on my whole face it looked cakey.

I absolutely hate the way this foundation looks, feels and smells. Just awful- especially after paying nearly 30 quid for a small bottle.

The application was not the best, as a makeup artist I have worked with some really great foundations- and some really bad ones. I found this to be horrible in application, it doesn't blend well and kind of drags on the skin.
I also found that after a short 4 hour day my skin was oily despite using primer and blotting powder.

The only way I find this product remotely applicable and wearable is by diluting it as a tinted moisturiser. I mix it in with my nivea so soft face cream on an approximate ratio of 2:1 (Face cream : Bobbi Brown foundation) and buff into the skin with the real techniques expert face brush. Only for this reason has it achieved 3 stars- just about.

tsk tsk Bobbi Brown- as a brand I normally adore, you have disappointed me. I would rather return to my drug store brands.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

NC25, Warm Sand didn't seem to be a bad color match.. in fact, I thought it was going to be almost a too dark yellow but sheered out ok. (The Skin Finish version in Warm Sand is a lighter yellow.)

Initial application it seemed to sit on my skin, so I had to add some more moisturizer sunscreen to help it settle.. finish is matte, which I'm not against.. but this finish seemed to age me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2014 5:22:00 AM More reviews by ptulip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The MUA said this is more suited for oily skin so it's great for me. This foundation has an excellent colour match on me - especially since my face and neck and two different colours (so annoying) and the inner parts of my face are lighter than the outer parts (also annoying). But this is not HG for me, the coverage is too weak for my face which is covered in hyperpigmenation - as well as this, it's just so expensive (at $68! :( )

Update: This is not the foundation for me at all! Wore it for a full day and it completely oxidized - I didn't even think darker complexioned girls could go orange!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by marcy1245

I always have a hard time getting matched, and after years of being MAC user (nc 25) I decided it was time for a change. I was approached by the only sales rep available and it happened to be at the Bobbi Brown counter. I'd heard of her products before but I was a bit skeptical. I walked in bare faced (acne on full view) and admitted to being a MAC junkie. I was matched to 3.5 warm beige, and I was impressed, so I allowed her to do a full face application. I love the lavender smell, so far, no adverse reactions. Packaging is fancy, I thought the consistency was a bit thick, but it blended very well on my face using a brush. The price is a bit steep, but hey it's my face and it's totally worth it.