Kiehl's Vanilla & Cedarwood

4.1

on 3/30/2015 6:06:00 PM

I fell in love with this last week at a discount cosmetics store in an outlet mall. I have always loved cedar in fragrances (and shampoos, conditioners, lotions, etc.), but I like them to be soft, not sharp. Unisex is fine, but I don't want to smell like aftershave. I sniffed the shower gel in this fragrance and knew it was for me. I bought the shower gel, body lotion, and small fragrance spray for about $23.00. I couldn't believe my luck!

Then I got home and wanted to see if I could find any other products in this scent, and discovered right away that it's been discontinued and is only available in places like eBay and the discount outlet where I bought my set. So it's cheap, but will become increasingly hard to find.

If you love a soft, clean, simple, slightly androgynous cedar, this is very much worth finding. I used the shower gel, body lotion, and spray last night before bed. Even in three layers, it wasn't overpowering. Very cozy, in fact. I could still smell it up till lunch today.

Looks like I'll be heading back to the outlet mall this weekend!

on 7/13/2014 11:41:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love the unisex-elegant scent of this shower gel. Although it isn't filled with moisturizers it leaves my skin silky and clean. This scent is not overwhelming but strong enough to remain on your skin for a few hours. Very calming for a great night sleep. Average price is $18 on eBay.

on 6/21/2014 7:22:00 AM

Very warm and comforting, but not too precious thanks to the cedar notes. I like it more each time I smell it on my shirts.

on 3/14/2014 11:57:00 AM

The only negative is that it does not come as an Eau de Perfume. I wish it had better staying power, because I want to smell like this 24/7! It is more vanilla scented than the body wash, and I wouldn't mind if the cedarwood was more noticable.

on 2/11/2014 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

One of my favourite scents! Love this is the body wash, so refreshing!

on 9/27/2013 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This just smells dead sexy...and its unisex! It's expensive but you get a pretty big bottle of it for the price. On my husband it lasted for HOURS.

on 6/26/2013 12:33:00 AM

Such lukewarm reviews for this. I find this to be one of those scents that wraps itself around you and stays close to the skin. Gets better as the day goes on. Excellent longevity.

on 4/7/2013 8:54:00 AM

The first spray is very strong, peppery,slightly chemically but nevertheless impressive on me. (I inhale and inhale:) Then cedar and vanilla appear at the same time, with different moods but complimentary thickness. However, soon, the sweetness of vanilla disappears leaving mostly cedarwood. It's OK, but nothing too impressive on me. Good projection and very good lasting power (I can smell the cedarwood after a shower)

on 12/24/2012 5:40:00 PM

I love the combination of feminine vanilla and masculine cedarwood - when I first spray it, it is quite strong and sharp, almost like a men's cologne, but after about 10 minutes the warmth and sweetness of the vanilla comes out, softening the woodsy notes really nicely. Definitely not a complex scent, but one that I keep spraying, especially during the colder months. I expected this to have very little staying power, but I can still smell it after 5-6 hours. Tempted to buy it once my sample runs out.

on 11/21/2012 1:59:00 PM

Nice scent, and it was even quite longlasting on my skin, unexpectedly! Comforting, warm and soft vanilla, not too sweet - but where is the cedarwood? It is so faint I really canīt smell it. Thatīs a pity, in my opinion the scent is lacking a bit of complexitiy to make it great.

Popular Fragrances