L'Oreal EverSleek Reparative Smoothing Shampoo

3.3

on 6/7/2015 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm loving the sulfate-free shampoos on the market today. I had no idea that sulfate was so harsh on one's hair and scalp! I can honestly say that my hair is no more clean or dirty than when I use regular shampoo but what I do notice is that my scalp is no longer dry and itchy. I don't have dandruff but I think the harsh cleansers suck all the hydration out of my scalp. I have medium thick naturally wavy hair that I like to air dry as it can very easily get damaged from the blow dryer and flat iron. This shampoo followed by the conditioner and humidity defying leave in crème have repaired my hair. It's soft, silky and doesn't appear frizzy, just soft waves when I want and if I do decide to straighten, it's super sleek and shiny. I only wash/style my hair twice a week and it always look fresh and clean. If I shampoo more frequently my hair starts to resemble straw. If your hair is a finer texture or you are prone to having an oily scalp/hair this might not be a good option for you.

on 5/10/2015 9:59:00 PM

I was really looking forward to trying this shampoo and conditioner combo, I'm really disappointed. I decided to look for shampoo and conditioner alternatives since my HG Abba Pure Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner were not doing the trick after I started coloring my hair again. Tried L'Oreal Evercreme before trying this one and I didn't like it either.
My hair is long, thick and it waves if I let it air dry. I've been coloring my hair for almost two years, at first I was bleaching it so I still have bleach damaged even though I stopped bleaching about a year ago.
L'Oreal's Eversleek shampoo and conditioner seem to leave a lot of residue in my scalp and hair, scalp feels itchy and hair feels "oily" or "gummy" after it dries. I do notice my fringe looks really smooth, with no frizz, after I blowdry it but I very rarely blowdry the rest of my hair.
The container is really awkward to pour the shampoo from, if you're not careful you will get a handful of it. Shampoo doesn't really foam and doesn't seem to clean my hair, even after I did a couple of clarifying washes the week before to prepare me for sulphate and silicone free shampoo.
I guess just cause it doesn't have silicones doesn't mean there's no other chemicals that won't accumulate on your hair

not impressed. I had really amazing results with the L'Oréal sulfate free Everstrong anti breakage shampoo and conditioner but I felt I could find a better conditioner. so I tried this line (shampoo and conditioner) and my hair could not be combed through after my shower and I had more hairs in my fingers and brush than on my head! the best thing about this duo is the smell. ill give it a few more tries but I've gotten better results from V05 or Suave than this.

on 5/31/2013 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think I heard my hair say "thank you" the first time I used this. Been using it for a couple weeks and I'm very happy. Hope they don't stop making this. Seems super gentle, but does a good job cleaning. I also use the conditioner and I'm happy with that as well. My hair looks shiny and full and feels soft.

on 2/9/2013 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is the only sulfate-free and silicone-free drugstore brand shampoo I've found and I looked a lot! Before this I used DevaCare Low Poo for the summer and No Poo for the winter but it got too expensive. Finding an inexpensive drugstore alternative was quite a search though and L'Oreal EverSleek was the only one that had neither sulfates nor silicones. Does it work, though? I'd say it works as well as DevaCare Low Poo though not as gentle as No Poo. My hair and scalp does feel good. Is it a mindblowing, miracle product? No, but it cleans my hair, doesn't dry it out, and it doesn't strip my color. With a good silicone-free detangling conditioner my hair stays manageable and my scalp stays healthy. Some advice for those that use a lot of hair products: This shampoo probably won't work for you. Unless you're using silicone-free styling products I don't think this stuff will be able to get all of the residue out in one washing. I use exactly one product with silicone for my hair twice a week while washing my hair four times a week. It seems to have no problems with that, but if you use more than that every day or every other day then you're better off not using this stuff.

on 1/16/2013 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a product junkie when it comes to makeup and hair products. This is one of the best shampoos that I have tried. The fact that it is sulfate and silicone free is a blessing. Silicone has dried up my hair and unfortunately, majority of shampoos and conditioners are not silicone-free. This product does a great job on my black colored hair. My hair is thick and to my waist. I have noticed less hair fall and my hair looks very healthy. In combination with the conditioner, my hair is as silky as it can be. In comparison with healthy shampoos that I have tried, five to six times of the price of this product, this really does a good job and it is a keeper.

on 1/14/2013 6:29:00 PM

I am on my second tube of this. My hair is fine and very dry. This is one of the few shampoos that does not leave my hair feeling like straw. Cleanses well and rinses clean. Has kind of a strong perfumey scent, but I can live with it.

on 10/4/2012 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to try a sulfate-free shampoo and something drugstore as an alternative to my usual Joico K-Pak and shampoo and conditioner. I will be going back to my beloved Joico. Ever since I started using this about 3 weeks ago, about 3-4 times a week, my hair has been falling out like crazy! Like seriously falling out. It falls out in the shower, my comb and hairbrush are full of it and my lap when I blow dry looks like I just got a hair cut. The only thing that has changed would be the shampoo and conditioner switch. I am stressed out more now that I am back in school, but this ridiculous. My hair is dryer than ever too, with oily spots near my ears (I rinse like crazy too). Will NOT be repurchasing this ever again.

on 9/28/2012 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have not been kind to my hair, and after a botched bleach-blonde attempt, my hair has been brittle and dry. It is nothing for me to brush my hair and see broken-off ends littering the sink. I have tried a million different shampoos/stylers/treatments to attempt to nurse my hair back to health, but no real luck. On a whim, I decided to try this shampoo/conditioner set. First off, the smell is very summery/beachy....loved it. It doesn't lather in the way I'm used to, but it is sulfate-free, so I assume that is why. Seems to clean well, but doesn't strip my hair either. I followed up with the matching conditioner, which is rich and nourishing, and in one use my hair felt almost virgin again. Even when I blow-dry, curl, or straighten my hair, it still feels so healthy. I am so totally glad I found this product and will absolutely buy it again!

on 7/16/2012 5:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I recently bought this and the matching conditioner because I wanted to find a more affordable alternative to my Kerastase shampoo and conditioner routine. Since L'oreal owns Kerastase, I thought I'd be able to find something comparable. Not so much. This reeks like self-tanner and left my hair feeling dry like straw, and after I rinsed it out it left a gummy feeling in my hair. Since this is sulfate-free, I was not surprised that it didn't lather very well. However, my scalp started itching after I washed my hair with this shampoo and conditioner combo so unfortunately this is going back.