October 20, 2014 | 1067 users online

Conditioner - L'Oreal - EverSleek Reparative Smoothing Conditioner

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by barnycat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have long, dry, and damaged hair. Age has changed the texture and moisture level of my hair dramatically. So I was really hoping to love this. The name is misleading. This did nothing to repair or smooth my dry hair. It sort of weighed my hair down while leaving it mildly fuzzy on the ends. I tried it twice and ended up with two bad hair days in a row. No repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by astrogoob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: Buildup became a serious problem, requiring clarifying shampoo to ungunkify my hairs. Not what I want from my conditioner. Trash.
Original review:
For what I bought this conditioner to do, I love it. My hair is waist-length, with extremely damaged/split ends. I recognize that there is NO way to repair split ends once the damage has been done. The only way to "fix" them is to use products with 'cones', which unfortunately can also prevent moisture absorption, and dry out your hair. Since I would rather take care of what good hair I do have instead of possibly making more damage with dryness from silicone conditioners, I choose to avoid them. If you're switching from a conditioner that includes 'cones' like: dimethicone, amodimethicone, etc, you will notice that your hair *feels* more brittle. In actuality, you are removing these foreign chemicals from your hair and revealing damage that has been there for some time already. They don't actually fix your hair, you're just covering up and probably causing more damage.
End Rant.
Things I love:
- Great, creamy texture! Not at all watery. When it comes out of the tube, it looks like a little ice cream swirl, and stays that way. Oddly bouncy.
- No cones/sulfates = no more damage to my already dry hair. Nice!
- Great slip in the shower! I can comb this through my hair and feel like it's really sinking in.
- Hair feels soft and not plasticky after it's air-dryed.
Neutrals:
- Light fragrance. It's not heavy, but I'm not in love with it either. I don't mind it, it's just a bland, boring, kind of neutral smell. Not exciting.
Cons:
- A little more expensive than I'd prefer. I bought this for around 6 or 7 dollars. I'd be happy with 5 or 5.50, but I'm also stingy and cheap.
Since I was looking for a conditioner that was a bit "heftier" than my usual Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut, I found this as my (pretty much) only option for sulfate-free, silicone-free, low protein conditioner at the drugstore. Even though I bought this in a half-whim, half-desperate attempt to moisturize my winter-abused hair, I'm pleasantly surprised with this product. I will definitely seek it out in the future, on purpose. I recommend a cold-water rinse at the end, and if you've got tangly ends, a smudge of coconut oil on unruly parts.
I suspect that some of the bad reviews come from people who are used to having silicones or heavy proteins in their conditioner, and are shocked at the damage that heat and silicones are wreaking on their hair. If you're looking for a good moisturizing conditioner that is without silicones, this is a great, great drugstore option. Just don't expect this, or anything else, to mend your already-damaged hair. Only scissors can fix that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

I am really surprised of the low ratings here. I am a makeup and hair product junkie. I love this conditioner. First and foremost, the fact that it does not contain any sulfate and silicone is a blessing. Silicone has dried up my hair over the years but majority of products nowadays contain silicone. In combination with the shampoo, my hair is as healthy as it has ever been. My hair is thick, colored and to my waist. The price is definitely fair considering the quality. I have to tell you that I used to use Kerastase for years but honestly, it was not all that. L'Oreal owns Kerastase and they did a good job in this product. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by julieannmarie

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. My hair has been really dry lately, and I was looking for a new conditioner. All of the others I have been using were leaving my hair dry and frizzy. So I tried this, and I had excellent results. Use a generous amount, and leave in your hair for a few minutes. Rinse with lukewarm or cool water. My hair felt silky and lustrous. I will def. repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by thyniki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Been using this for the last 3 weeks. I had been (quite desperately) searching for a replacement after Avalon Organics badly reformulated their Lavender Nourishing conditioner when I stumbled upon this product. I am VERY picky when it comes to conditioners but I must say this is one of the best I've ever used. While I'm uncomfortable about the fact that there are a lot of chemical-sounding ingredients in this stuff, it at least lacks parabens and 'cones, and it works tremendously well on my dry, color-treated, fine but thick hair. This product helps with frizz/flyaways, moisturizes well, and leaves a nice slip in the hair. It is also easy to work with as it soaks into the hair nicely and is just the right consistency (not to thick, not too runny).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirlx33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My hair is low maintenance, Asian, thick, and in need of moisture.

Most conditioners work well for me, but with this it feels like there's residue. It makes my hair feel dirty/unwashed and harder to comb through.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by CajunBaby

This works great for my very dry chemically damaged hair. The smell isn't too strong and it rinses out well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by SMichelle85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great. I have dry bleached hair and it conditions it really well. I like the smell (most smells are either too strong to me or too fruity but this is just right). I have even used this stuff as a CO wash. It rinses well, doesn't leave my hair weighed down, and it is silicone free! My hair has been growing very fast. My hairdresser can't believe how long and healthy my hair is especially since we bleach it almost white. It's thick and almost to the middle of my back. I think the sulfate and silicone free stuff works best for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I recently bought this and the matching shampoo because I wanted to find a more affordable alternative to my Kerastase shampoo and conditioner routine. Since L'oreal owns Kerastase, I thought I'd be able to find something comparable. Not so much. This reeks like self-tanner and left my hair feeling dry like straw, but also gummy feeling at the same time. My scalp also started itching after I washed my hair with this shampoo and conditioner combo. Unfortunately this is going back.