April 16, 2014 | 1587 users online

Lip Gloss - Annabelle - Le Gloss Lip Lacquer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Diva99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my absolute favourite lip gloss! I've been using this for a few years now (I wear Super Bon Bon)! It's a wonderful pinky fuchsia colour that complements my skin tone quite well. I agree the staying power isn't great but then again, what lip gloss is? (For the record, if you're careful while drinking or eating it won't come off completely so that's worth a mention!) In any case, the value you get for this drug store gloss is worthwhile and the colour selection is fantastic - I'm planning to buy another shade this week!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Shimmering_pink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love these lipglosses. I currently have them in Breathless, Superstar, Rose Reflux and Liquid Honey. I use breathless all the time, it goes with basically any makeup look from smokey eyes, to your every day makeup look. It is the prettiest light iridescent pink color and for 6 bucks, how can you go wrong? I wear it all the time when i go out and it is one of the only pink shades i wear. Superstar is also very versatile. It's pretty shimmery so if you don't like that, i wouldn't reccommend. It is a very nice beige shimmery color though if you are into a bit of sparkles in your lipgloss. Rose reflux is a darker pink with lots of pigmentation that i don't wear as much, but i still like to wear once in awhile. Liquid honey is a very nice nude color that i think would look neutral on most lips. I have tried many lipglosses that are not high end and these are by far my favorite. Will probably be buying more in the near future. Highly Recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by jodee4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in crystal clear, wanted a nice clear gloss.

Pros:
- Not sticky
- Shiny
- Long lasting

Cons:
- If you get it anywhere other than your lips and wipe it off, it will leave a weird residue that will not come off.
- Doesn't not go well over l/l or l/s (what I bought it for.)
- No smell (could be a pro for some people, I like having some scent.)

Overall it's a decent lipgloss. Annabelle makes quality stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I decided to buy Le Gloss in two shades (Nectar Lust and Liquid Honey) based on the wonderful reviews I read here, and I’m happy to report that I agree with the majority here! Great texture, reminds me of Shiseido lip glosses, very smooth, shiny, good coverage without being sticky at all, pretty colours. No strong, gross fragrance or taste. The packaging is spiffy – a squeeze tube with a sponge tip wand applicator. At this amazing price, definitely worth trying.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

No no no. The colours are pretty good but the staying power is a nightmare and the smell after a few weeks is awful. Completely useless. Would only purchase again for the colours.. but still probably not worth it to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2007 5:20:00 PM More reviews by cocovanilla

I love Annabelle Le Gloss lip products and this review is for the Icy Ginger one. As much as the ginger color doesn't really show up on my lips, the icy part does. It gives a little something extra to this nude looking color. Like other Le Gloss Lip Shine, it is moisturizing, very shiny and has no taste or fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2007 9:25:00 AM More reviews by JeLoveDior

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

description of me
Oily acne-prone, sensitive, visible pores, uneven skin texture, teenage skin.
NC35(winter) / NC45 (summer), MSF6.5 (winter) Chinese, golden olive complexision.

expectation
I bought it based on the raves here, I just hoped for a great gloss.

outcome
I love it! The texture is smooth, not sticky, light, medium converage.
The finish is high shine, very glossy, a little plastic kind of shine.
No scent , except for the TINY tinge of plastic/chemical scent, which should not be a problem at all.
Packaging It is unique, clear tube with a twist on dark grey lid and wand. Never leaked, unless I forgot to close it properly.

price It ranges from $5 - $8 a pop, depends on where and when you buy it. It is 12ml a tube.

shades
The first shade I got was breathless (equivalent to MAC oyster girl), and then I eventually bought all of the pernament shades. They sometimes have limited edition colors, which are worth the money.
I have them in Crystal Clear, Breathless, Liquid Honey, Syrup Glaze, Electronique, Crushed Orange, Nectar Lust. Check out my gallery for swatches, and feel free to mua mail me for descriptions.

http://www.makeupalley.com/account/pic.asp/f=697714/c=/u=JeLoveDior/k= continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2007 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Iammelody

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Crystal Clear. Its the best clear gloss I've tried so far. It has a very wearable texture. Its a little thick, but not overly sticky or too heavy and dosent form that gross buildup in the corners of your mouth. plus, alot of other clear glosses seem to either have a greasy thin texture, or smell like mint or something strange. This ones just plain and simple. It leave the lips smooth and has a nice sexy shine.
I also find the packaging pretty cute. I like how its made with the squeeze tube and wand so nothing gets wasted. I've already purchased 2 backups :s

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by morningmusume

Pretty good lipgloss, but not really my cup of tea. Still better than a lot of other glosses out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2006 8:50:00 AM More reviews by amarock

I don't know why I waited so long to try this product! I finally bought a special value pack from Annabelle that included an eyeshadow, eyeliner, and this lipgloss in "Breathless Souffle". First of all, I love the combination of the squeeze tube + sponge wand applicator - I can actually use up this whole tube if I really want (like that would ever happen, this comes in a generous size of 12mL tube). The consistency of this gloss is fantastic - not tacky or gooey, but has great staying power. Its moisturizing properties is very good, I don't even need a lipbalm beforehand - it also does not gum up around the corner of my mouth. This particular colour is lovely for everyday - it's a pearly pale pink with a golden shimmer - not frosty or glittery - just the right amount of shine. There is absolutely no scent from this product, which is nice for the office (how can I appear to be professional and smell like cotton candy at the same time?!) Dare I say that I may actually like this gloss more than Revlon's Super Lustrous lipgloss? I think the only thing that would make it a hard decision is the colour selection from Annabelle is limited, whereas I'm a sucker for all the Limited Edition colours that Revlon releases every season... I can't wait to try more Annabelle Le Glosses though!