July 31, 2014 | 1823 users online

Dry Shampoo - Girlz Only Haircare - Dry Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good product, HORRIBLE packaging!

I have repurchased many in the past but I have officially given up on this brand. They retail for only $2 and you can sometimes pick them up even cheaper so I bought them in bulk whenever I would need them. Out of the 10+ I would buy there would always be about 2-4 that would have completely evaporated by the time I would go to use them and I did make sure that they were all full beforehand. Also, after using a can one time the next time I would go to use it there would be no product left. This is the biggest let down of this dry shampoo.

I liked the product itself as it got rid of my oily roots and added volume. I really like the Party Nights scent in the pink container as well.

However the packaging needs to be improved so I won't be repurchasing or recommending. Try Batiste it's worth the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by aliciagrasby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'd heard amazing things about this dry shampoo and it was super cheap so I decided to try it. Even for $2 it is not worth it.

It doesn't soak up much oil in your hair so I ended up using a lot of product per use which caused build up in my hair and caused my hair to look very dirty. It wasn't very easy to brush out either.

Also, because I used so much per use the bottle didn't last me long at all, only 4 - uses.
You're better off spending a bit more on a dry shampoo but having to use and repurchase less.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Maddy136

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy shit this stuff is amazing BUY BUY BUY!! I woke up this morning with the most greasy hair I have ever had g o d, this stuff made me look like I just steeped out of the hair dressers. I can't recommend enough, do me a favour and buy this guys!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by RoogleTash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Greatest, Cheapest dry shampoo that i've tried! (only used bastise) but this one overrules - i get it from target in australia for $2 or less.

They also came out with a dry conditioner - it's so good. It smooths my naturally wavy hair and looks great once I apply it on my ends after straightening my hair.
my fave scent is the 'Hazy days' light purple one. the green one smells too manly and the hot pink one smells too sugary

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Versailles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to disagree and say that for me this has been the best dry shampoo ever! I picked it up at Penney's in Dublin while studying abroad and I am dreading having to find something as good in the US when I run out! Just spray it in, let it sit a couple minutes and rub your hair around. I have loooong (waist-length) THICK hair that I can't wash everyday unless I want it to be a frizz ball. This dry shampoo keeps my roots looking fresh between washes. I've tried a Tresemme dry shampoo since I got back (when I had misplaced this Girlz Only product for a while) and it left a gross film on my hair. I used it another time after that thinking it may have been user error and had the same result.

I'm using the Dusk Til Dawn version.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by VioletL

Worst dry shampoo ever! I use dry shampoo regularly and last time I was in Target this was the only one they had, $2 and not even worth THAT. It made me so angry I had to join this board just to write this review as after the first spray the whole can broke, I couldn't get anything out of it and now I have to wash and blow-dry my hair all over again. OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I JUST TAKE THE TIME TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE AND BUY A PROPER DRY SHAMPOO!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by emckellar

Does what it says on the tin, really. It's your average dry shampoo, with way below average prices. It's stocked in my local Tesco (UK) at 1 ish, and I find it works just as well, if not better than, my 8 Toni & Guy can.
The white residue isn't extreme and blends really easily. I've only tried the purple but I absolutely loved the scent, friends asked if I had a new perfume hours after spraying it, but it is very strong so may be overpowering to some.
The spray doesn't dry hair out to the extremes that I've sometimes experienced, and leaves hair easy to style as usual. I've also found it doesn't run out as quickly as Batiste, but I may just be using different amounts.
This is a budget product that really does work, I'll definitely be repurchasing every time I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by beabeautyqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I saw this product at Target the other day and couldn't believe my eyes when I read $2 (aud) for a 150ml can of dry shampoo. I'm sure many of you are aware that other brands (especially Batiste) are much dearer than this, for a can also containing 150ml. This stuff works brilliantly - no better or worse than any other high end dry shampoo brand. I have dark brown hair and I do not notice any white specks/residue left over from this product. Please be aware of something though: The fragrance of the dry shampoo depends on the colour of the can.
----------------------
UPDATE: Since I wrote this review 6 months ago, Girlz Only have come out with a dry shampoo for dark hair, and a dry shampoo for light hair. THEY SMELL AMAZING. The dark hair one especially. I am so happy with these dry shampoo's. They have saved me a good $60 already. Please buy this product guys. If you don't like it then you've only wasted 2 bucks at the end of the day.

Pink ("party nights"): This is not colourless and will turn the normal white-ish colour. It has a strong, fruity like fragrance and is just too overpowering for my liking.

Green ("dawn till dusk"): Once again, not colourless and has the normal dry shampoo whit-ish colour. This has more of a citrus fragrance and is much more bareable than the pink can, in my opinion.

Purple ("hazy days"): Colourless. Sprays on clear and does turn a little bit white, but it is minimal compared to the others. Scent is floral and not overpowering

I think these dry shampoo products are absolutely fantastic, although the company should state how the cans differ by displaying it on the actual can itself. They are extremely affordable and just as good as the more expensie brands ie; Batiste, Garnier. Will never pay $10 for a can of dry shampoo again thanks to this odd unknown brand! I have uploaded a picture for you all too. Hope this review helps, beautyqueens! x

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No