April 20, 2014 | 1982 users online

Lipstick - Too Faced - La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream-Razzle Dazzle Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by NataLaLa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

OK compared to mascaras and foundations, I think it's far easier to summarise a lipstick performance (unless it is a/the 'red' lipstick, that is a demon all unto its own)...

Good stuff about this:
1. Cute as heck candy colour without being excessively tween/barbie, rather 1960s mod. Yes agree with that other review down below about it having 'lavender undertones'.
2. Packaging/ lippy shape = application success without completing a PhD in lip definition.
2.1. More on the packaging, yes sexy matte metal, hello! Does this matter? not really, but it's nice to mention a nice thing.
3. Moisturising without compromising on pigment and/or wear. Well, probably doesn't perform QUITE as well wear wise as a face-sucking-super-pigment-matte lippy, but I have no issues with wear (Note: I am road testing a light/bright shade, I might expect different performance from a dark/dramatic shade).
4. No animal testing! Animal love, awww.
5. Did not melt in recent heatwave of over 40 degrees Celsius! Quite amazing because some Revlon stuff I had floating about did in fact melt.

Bad stuff:
Nope.

Luv N.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Catsmeow2324

Perfect for any lip junkie! These lipsticks are so creamy and go on so smooth! They remind me of ud's new revolution lipsticks, but too faced's packaging is cuter!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Chelle329

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let's start this with I am a makeup artist, and a lipstick junkie. This is by far the best lipstick on the market. It's creamy and soft textured. Yet delivers bold long lasting color. My lips always feel smooth and never sticky. I have golden skin, and this shade goes with any color outfit, or eyeshadow I wear. And any hair color i may be trying at the time. It's the perfect pink, with a hint of a lavender undertone. Great for making your teeth look whiter. I have tried hundreds of lip products, and this is the only one I consistently purchase time and time again. I wear it both for daytime and evening looks. Love!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by songy67

I have the shade "Honey Bear" which is described as a "toasted mauve." It's a beautiful natural deep mauve shade with brown undertones and fine gold shimmer. I typically hate shimmery lip products because as they wear off all you're left with is glitter all over your lips. However, this formula is extremely long wearing and even after the glossiness of it is gone you are still left with a rosy, healthy color on your lips. It's almost like a stain. This lipstick glides across the lips and feels extremely smooth and comfortable. But it's not so buttery that it will collect in the corners of your lips or migrate all around. Honey Bear is similar to Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Bel-Ami. It's a wonderful color for the fall/ winter.

The packaging is very luxurious and has a good weight to it that makes it feel like a high-end lipstick. The shade of gold leans cooler which makes it appear more elegant and less tacky. The cap of the lipstick is a slightly darker than the body and I'm not sure if they are all like this or I just got unlucky. It's not extremely noticeable and not a big deal. I love the smooth feeling and slight suction you get with the closure. It doesn't click shut but it feels very secure and sleek. There is a "TF" embossed into the top of the cap and "Too Face" embossed into the side of the body in elegant script. It's gorgeous.

At $21 for 3gs of product, I feel like you are getting your money's worth with this lipstick. It is definitely one of the better formulas I've tried. It also happens to have amazing packaging. A+.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by angelene1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was a little disappointed by this. I had hoped for the perfect pink lips to match this seasons spring trend. But its so creamy it's uncomfortable if you put on to much (and it goes on somewhat patchy), and when you take off the excess the color it doesn't show up well, it just blends into my natural lip color. I've tried different application methods, with and without lip primer, but I can't get the color to show up the same way on my lips like it looks in the tube. It's an ok lipstick, but I had expected more from Too Faced, especially more pigmentation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim and didn't expect to like it as much as I do!
The color is a smoky medium rose on me, with cool undertones. The pigmentation is awesome and it lasts unexpectedly long. It feels like a cream, it is glossy and stays glossy for a decent amount of time, and it doesn't dry out my lips. Very smooth and silky.
I also love the taste, lol. It reminds me of lemon pudding, it's a very comforting scent to me.
It looks very flattering on my fair complexion and it sort of brings out my blue/green eyes.
I will buy another shade or 2, there are 2 coral shades calling my name :)

EDIT 7/23/2013 - taking off 1 lippie because a year later the color seems to have changed, turned slightly darker and more nude. No, it didn't spoil, it still smells the same, it just...oxidized? Anyway, I changed my "would you buy again" to NO, there are too many other similar/better products out there for me to try.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 3:52:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

Well they don't call it "La Creme" for nothin'. When I opened this lipstick, I could see just by looking at the surface of it that it was an incredible formula, and it was unbelievably silky the way it glided on. It's very comfortable to wear--creamy but not greasy. I thought the finish and application was similar to both MAC Cremesheens as well as Too Faced's own line, Lip of Luxury Champagne Essence Lipstick (do we really need to do these insanely long names, guys?). As you expect from a creamy lipstick, it transfers to cups and such, but I still found it to be quite pigmented and long-lasting. IME, lipcolors named "rose" or anything similar wind up disappointingly brown-toned, as if there are brown roses anywhere. This is more like a color you would actually associate with the flower: it's kind of a medium mauve-y pink, and it leans on the cool side. As you would expect, the packaging is cute. The tube is a brushed gold with the "Too Faced" name embossed on the side. The tube is surprisingly heavy, adding a very luxurious touch. I'm curious to know how others will compare this to YSL Rouge Volupte, as I see a similarity in the packaging and formula. Too Faced is not really known for their lip products. I guess it was time for them to release and market something new for the lips. What I find confusing is that the La Creme formula is so, SO similar to Too Faced's Lip of Luxury line. Those are woefully under-appreciated; Too Face should just come out with tons and tons of colors if they really wanted to sell. Or why not release a line of matte lipcolors? Oh well, I guess I'm overthinking. Really lovely lipstick regardless.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No