July 28, 2014 | 1965 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - Infallible - Sahara Treasure

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by susjs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

There seems to be some confusion that this might be limited edition [it's not] or only available in Europe. Ladies, please know it's readily available in Shoppers Drug Mart, I got mine in Toronto, Canada. With that little service announcement out of the way, I have one thing to say--go get it! It's truly an outstanding and unique shadow. I like this better than any of the Armani Eyes To Kill single shadows I've used. The colour is rich and multi-dimensional, with a neutral gold finish that doesn't pull too warm or cool, so it can be used in multiple ways. As a one-and-done lid colour, to brighten the lower lash line [I use a small, pointed pencil brush for this], to create a pop in the centre of the lid that brightens any eye shadow look, and to add dimension to a smokey eye look. I wore this on New Year's Eve layered over a dark grey base and it was truly stunning. I think it would also work exceptionally well over a cream eye shadow base like MAC's constructivist paint pot. So versatile and gorgeous, nothing more to say except it makes me happy every time I use it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i like loreal infallible's color range for its eyeshadows. this one is a natural all over lid color. i apply it and go out. i find the texture almost creamy. so its better to apply with fingers. expensive, i paid 10eur only for 1 color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this golden beigey browny color! I could just use this and some black or brown eyeliner and be done with a presentable and gorgeous everyday look! When I'm in a rush I use this shade allover and blend it out in the crease and nothing else! The shimmer content in this shadow reflects light easily to make it seem like I have different colors on my lids. It's a great eyeshadow just like almost all the other Infallibles that I've tried! (permanent kaki, hourglass beige, endless chocolate comes to mind)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by vmalenfant

Soft champagne-beige , I love the formula and the colour I usually wear it on my lid with Bronze Taupe and Hourglass beige. The staying power on those are the best!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by vmalenfant

I love these eyeshadows, I have 6 or 7 of them. Sahara Treasure was the first eyeshadow I purchase a light brown (sand-bronze, champagne) hard to describe the colour. The lasting power is amazing (with a primer) The shimmer is amazing and blend really well. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by xbabe82517

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This shadow is AMAZING and has become my HG gold shadow. Previously, MAC Woodwinked was my HG gold/bronze shadow and I do still love it but wow, Sahara Treasure is something else! Why can't the high-end brands make shimmer shadows like this?! This shadow is a rarity in that it's a TRUE gold with plenty of pigment but does not pull orange or green. Woodwinked always pulled slightly orange on me but I didn't mind so much as I have warm undertones, and I often managed to cancel it out with a darker crease shade. This stunner literally goes onto the eyelid exactly as it looks in the pot. I really don't know how L'Oreal have managed to create such perfection and I am praying this range isn't discontinued - whilst this shadow is by far my favourite from the range, others are gorgeous too - try Flashback Silver and Bronze Divine (these are from the UK collection). These shadows are definitely best applied with a clean fingertip. I apply Too Faced Shadow Insurance as a primer but I've heard these beauties don't require it. Even so, I'm in the habit! I then use this shade all over the lid and soften the edges slightly with MAC Nylon, which I also use as a highlight under the browbone. This shade doesn't need a crease colour as the level of pigment and shimmer makes it multi-dimensional but I prefer a crease colour myself and the best I've found for this is Go from the MAC Starflash collection. It is unfortunately discontinued now but can be found on eBay sometimes. Another ideal crease colour, which I intend to try, is Golightly by Stila. I haven't found any brush which picks up the colour with these shadows - their one drawback - so in order not to make a mess on my lower lash line, I use a different shadow - a gorgeous one is L'Oreal Chrome Shine Golden Rose, another high street product which is worth a mention! It is sparkly with not much pigment, but is perfect for me because I don't like to line my lower lashes with a heavy shade, at least not for daytime. I finish the look off with a little Nylon in the inner corners, Coralista blush and a highlight dusted over the face. A perfect, glowy and bronzed look. In the summer, I will use my Bobbi Brown Bronze Shimmer Brick instead of a highlight, but at the moment I'm a tad pasty! Anyway, this shadow is absolutely stunning and easily beats all of the high end golds and bronzes I have ever purchased - and I've purchased a LOT! This may not rock your world if you're a cool-toned girl but if you're neutral or warm, this shadow is a MUST! I will repurchase until I die!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by NicCurls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Amazing!! I love this eyeshadow. It lasts all night and is a fabulous gold-bronze colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by IrishAnesthetist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this in Paris and cannot find it in the US anywhere. It goes on smooth as velvet and lasts all day long...doesnt flake off, smear or crease. Tried ordering some from the UK and couldnt...very hard to find. Top rated eyeshadow...would hate to have to fly to Paris to buy it again. The nicest eye shadow I have ever used and I have been wearing eye shadows for 25 years. The eye products in Europe dont have all the chemicals and parabens and garbage that the ones in the states do.....its made very high quality..even the packaging is so nice...the powder never crumbles either... Get some!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Joyc25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would describe this a champagne bronze? It's a lovely bronze that's never orange or green! Very unique that I am willing to pay CDN12.49 for a d/s e/s! It has a metallic/shimmer finish. LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

sahara treasure is a bronze eye shadow that contains bronze shimmers that sparkle a lot! Last long,verry pigmented,beautiful color to bring some bronze sparkles to the eyes!it was a limited edition! Love it!