July 30, 2014 | 1772 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish - Kate Moss 15

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by carobear

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best lipstick ever. I found it because I was looking for a sort of purply-mauvy shade that I saw on a model in VOGUE (November 2012 pp. 18-19, Acqua di gioia ad). I also wanted to get the shade from a cruelty-free company, so I made a special point of checking out the Rimmel shades. I NEVER would have chosen a color like this for myself, if I hadn't come to the end of the options without finding exactly what I wanted. I just took a chance on it because it was so different from everything else, and, Jackpot! It turned out to be really yummy! It's pretty close to what I wanted, pretty close to the color in the ad.

The formula is semi-sheer, so it works with whatever color is underneath it, whether that's a lip stain or my bare lips. I bought several tubes of it so that I can put one in each bag, including my gym bag and my beach frisbee bag. The reasons are that it is (1) very moisturizing, and (2) easy to put on without a mirror because it is somehow forgiving of mistakes. Because it is forgiving, I can use it to create the illusion of fuller lips without it looking like...I...um...drew outside my lipline, which I did. :)

I do wear it alone sometimes, but since it isn't a stain that means that the color comes off after a while. I like that it wears off gracefully, and I think that is owing to the texture: I can press my lips together and redistribute whatever is still left and it looks even and good again.

My typical use of it is with another product. I like Covergirl's Outlast Allday Lipcolor in pinks and berry shades. These I use as a waterproof color so that when I eat something or sweat in the sun, my lips don't look ridiculous because of half-worn-off lip color. The Outlast colors are nice but they are not very subtle. So for fun variations I use the Kate 15 on top of them. Since the Outlast requires reapplication of some sort of moisturizer throughout the day, I thought, why not add this interesting shade on top? It adds sparkle and depth, and allows me to fullerize my lips.

The feeling of it is awesome, really smooth and creamy, not greasy, doesn't separate or feather. My lips usually only respond well to products like Chapstick, so this is a huge plus for me.

The main shortcoming is that it is a little too smelly, and I can taste it a little when I eat. But I'm super-sensitive to smells and fragrances, so that probably doesn't mean much to most of you, especially if you are normally lipstick users. And it doesn't smell as much as most other brands of lipstick; I just happen to prefer odorless or slightly sweet-smelling/tasting products. If you are near a CVS you might be able to smell it in the store.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by PARA_NOIR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Super gorgeous and unique color! It's a ... purple-ish grey? Sounds funky (and it is!) but it's wearable. For daytime, you could swipe it on once and top with a lighter gloss. It's pretty dark on the lips if you swipe it a few times, and chock full of shimmer particles. As someone said below, very rock&roll. Love the Rimmel scent and the classy black packaging. This is a STEAL at $3-$4!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

I love this shade. They used to make it in a lipgloss (2003), I wish they would bring the gloss back to go with this! It is very rock n roll. Nice smoky, grayish purple. A nice Noire look for us fair skinned chicks. I love that you can get an indie look, without the indie price from Rimmel.
ETA: There is a downside, so drying to the lips! I wish I could get this in the lipgloss again. Oh, well. Maybe Rimmel will do a lip gloss line with Kate Moss, I can only hopo!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Shannon92503

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

In my last 25 years of cosmetic use, I have found only 2 shade of lip color (Loreal #10 Grape Ice & Revlon MoonDrops in Lame) that I loved so much, that when I realized it was becoming harder & harder to find (a.k.a discontinued) I went out and bought every tube of it I could find....Well, I am estatic to report that "Rimmel's Kate #15" is being added to that very short list.....

Nice packaging, superb moisture & coverage, fantastic staying power, little to no scent and the price cannot be beat. There really is nothing I do not like about this lipstick. I couldn't really figure out the exact shade while in the store, but it looked incredibly similar to my 2nd love from years ago, Revlons MoonDrops in Lame. A mixture of dark purple (but not plum-my) and a very dark gray. Hard to explain, but totally incredible !

I picked up a 2nd tube today at Target for $4.94 and am seriously considering the purchase of a 3rd & 4th even though I know it's fairly new and there's a slim chance of it being discontinued so soon. The horror of it happening a 3rd time is just too much to think about :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by suzi2qs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

A certain beauty magazine likens this gunmetal shade to "a motorcycle jacket, it's rock and roll but only a supermodel pull it off with nothing underneath." Don't challenge me people, I'm too old, too tired and too arrogent. I am by NO means a supermodel, even 30 years ago this rang true. That being said, this lipstick works great on me, nothing underneath. Yes, I think I will enjoy using this as a topper for other shades, but before I even left the parking lot of CVS I had it open doing the visor mirror application thinking "Ah-ha! They were wrong!" I just love that. On me, light to medium, warm skin tone, this looks fairly awesome. Maybe a light rosey plum, shines nice, no shimmer, not over the top. Don't look at it in the tube. It looks like a flat, greyish brown bullet that could never work on anyone. The price is right as opposed to anything one can pick up @ Neiman Marcus and its named after a really cool bitch. I dislike using celebrity named/endorsed products, but I can make an execption for Kate, a fellow smoker who can snort blow and still be on a first name basis with the Queen. Arrogent. My kind of girl, nice lipstick.

24 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No