Carol's Daughter Monoi repairing conditioner

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glycerin, Isododecane, Fragrance (Parfum), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Isohexadecane, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Phyllostachis Bambusoides Juice, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Hydrolyzed Silk, Hydrolyzed Hibiscus Esculentus Extract, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5), Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Octyldodecanol, Ceteareth-20, Quaternium-91, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone

on 5/16/2015 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This was hands down the most nourishing conditioner I've ever used.
I've repurchased this multiple times and, although it's pricey, it's worth it.

I wasn't too thrilled with the shampoo, but it was really great.
My favorite shampoo is suave professionals naturals almond and shea butter.

My hair is thin and blonde and can get a lot of breakage. this conditioner definitely helps prevent breakage! It add so much softness and healthiness.
Honestly, I was skeptical because this brand is often seen as a brand for black people hair, but this and the moni mask are great.

I have tried several of the Carol's Daughter hair products and I am very impressed with this brand. The line for curly hair gave me better results but I couldn't get past the rose scent. To me it smelled like plastic baby dolls. The shampoo and conditioner with Monoi oil are great as well, but they smell AMAZING. Pretty much an exact dupe of the Jennifer Aniston perfume, and the scent lasts for several days. The conditioner helps to reduce frizz, and leaves my hair manageable with a good amount of shine. My only complaint is that I wish it was better at detangling. Overall, this is a great conditioner that I will repurchase. I'm excited to try the rest of the products in this line.

on 1/28/2015 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Lightly scented but nice. I received a tiny bottle in the introductory kit, since I have been wanting to try this line for a long time. I got a tiny bit less slip than the matching masque but a nice texture to my hair. For me the masque is the star of the line. The masque leaves my hair feeling like silk. This conditioner is good for days when I don't need a heavy conditioner. I do not think I would be buying a bigger bottle of this. I would say that this would be nice for fine to medium textured hair. On a good note, it does reduce shedding for me when used in conjunction with the other products in the line. Paired with the matching shampoo, I get shiny and soft full curls.

on 9/9/2014 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It makes my hair soft but it's expensive and the container is awful. You have to twist the cap and once your hands are wet in the shower it's nearly impossible. Its a good conditioner but not worth the price and the frustration of the container.

on 5/18/2014 6:22:00 PM

This conditioner smells divine from the monoi oil. It keeps the hair soft and manageable. My hair is very shiny and tangle-free when I use this conditioner. This conditioner is great for repairing or maintaining healthy hair. My complaint with the packaging is that the conditioner is dispensed from a small hole in the top of the bottle. The conditioner hardens under the hole and makes it difficult to get the product out. This conditioner is expensive for the amount of product that you receive, but it is a great product.

on 4/18/2014 3:37:00 PM

I have fine thinning hair that is dyed blond. I think the salon over-processed it a few months ago as suddenly there were lots more broken fly away ends all over my head. I got a small sized bottle of this product and am now using it after Nioxin shampoo. The latter is highly recommended by my hair dresser so I'm giving it a try. After shampooing I do a quick towel dry of my hair, then apply a very small amount of the conditioner, concentrating on the ends but distributing it all over my head. Then continue my shower and rinse well. I shampoo every 2nd or 3rd day. Before styling I apply an extremely small amount of Ojon Damage Reverse serum, again starting with the ends and then a quick run of my fingers through the rest of the hair. I've been doing this for maybe 3 times and I'm really liking the results. After blow drying my hair feels silky smooth and there are far fewer little flyaways. And the style holds true the next day. I even walked in a little rain the other day. Normally my hair would have become even more flyaway/frizzy but this time it didn't. I'm now encouraged to see what happens if I spend more time in the rain. I'm going to Hawaii in October and it would be so wonderful to not develop frizzies in the moist air!

on 3/20/2014 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Iím gonna go out and say that the whole Monoi Oil line is really a lifesaver for severely damaged hair. The key is to use the products in combination. I tried pretty much the entire line and I highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for the closest thing to a miracle. I noticed my hair was stronger, shiner, and most important had moisture was breaking off very minimally, I would say a good 90% less than before I started using the products. The products I use are the shampoo, the conditioner, strengthening serum, and the anti-breakage spray between washes.
Like I said the products works between in combination, but I would mix it with other products occasionally to test them better and the conditioner is pretty much the star of the line. Itís an HG for me, I would give it more than five stars if I could. I actually tried the leave in treatment masque and felt my hair was very stiff afterward, but I used the conditioner and immediately noticed a drastic change. Leave it in for a few minutes and for better absorption use a heating cap in the shower. My hair was so shiny, silky, and moisturized, I have seen less and less hair break off in the sink when I brush it. This product is literally saving my hair, not just preventing damage but also reversing it. This line is expensive but, if you canít afford all the products try to get the conditioner first and the serum second.

on 8/19/2013 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was a little torn on the 'buy it again' button, because I usually balk at purchasing higher end hair products (trying many in past years left me completely unimpressed), but the Carol's Daughter Monoi line is so exceptional that, yes, I believe I will buy it again. In fact, after being totally blown away with the Sephora sample I received earlier this summer, then whining about the regular retail price for a bit, I then snapped up the HSN special deal with shampoo, conditioner, and mask. So I guess I WOULD buy it!

I have a lot of thin, increasingly coarse, dry-ish, wavy hair which usually leaves me torn between buying volumizing products vs. moisturizing products. Volumizers give me some needed ooomph and body, but dry out my hair. Moisturizers, well, the description speaks for itself, but they mostly leave my fine hair looking flat and almost greasy. This CD stuff is the bomb! I'm using both the shampoo and the conditioner, but I suspect it's the conditioner that is the star of the show. Truthfully, though, I hate to experiment by switching them up to test this theory out, because my hair is just looking too darn good right now! I've got great, shiny body. I've got happy, cooperative waves that are playing nicely with each other. And my hair feels soft and healthy. Indeed, since using CD Monoi, I've been able to run my fingers through the hairs at my neck nape once my hair is dry without running into tangle hell. And I'm not sure I've EVER been able to do that before.

The packaging does suck, and the scent is strong gardenia. If you're cool with flowery scents, then it doesn't matter. If you're not, then it might. I can't smell the gardenia once my hair is dry, but I have noticed it return when my hair gets wet. Either way-wet or dry-fine by me! And I'll deal with the silly half-screw off top due to what is inside; stuff that turns my hair into a sublime, happy state.

on 8/12/2013 12:28:00 PM

This scent is NOT overwhelming, but is definitely gardenia-vanilla. Good conditioner for my hair type -- shoulder length, curly, color treated. I wish it were in a tube or an "upside down" bottle like Pantene has for conditioners. This stuff is thick and hard to squeeze out of a bottle. Update: Used alternately with the Monoi shampoo and alternating with hair mask, my hair is now a damaged and fried mess.

on 8/2/2013 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i have shoulder-length, very thick, wavy/curly hair that I am trying to grow out. Since I continue to color it despite the fact that I am cutting it less, my hair's drier than it has been in years. MoroccanOil, conditioner, mask and oil have been reliable products for me during this time, but I have still been experiencing lots of shedding, knots, and a bit of breakage. (And this is long after abandoning any heat styling and washing my hair every other day if not less). I received a sample of this shampoo and conditioner from Sephora and was impressed enough to invest in a bottle of both. My only response to this set of products is WOW. After just one use, my hair is much less tangled, sheds noticeably less, and just feels far healthier overall. I have also begun using the Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Anti-Breakage Spray and the matching Monoi Repairing Hair Mask, and am very pleased with the results. The only criticism I would offer regarding this otherwise great line is that the Monoi scent, while natural, is rather heavy. If you are very sensitive to fragrance then this is not the set of products for you. The scent has grown on me, however, and it does gradually fade. If you love Monoi and are looking for something to repair your damaged hair then run (don't walk) to Sephora and ask for a sample of this shampoo and conditioner. They are excellent, and well worth the investment.