April 16, 2014 | 954 users online

Conditioner - Carol's Daughter - Monoi repairing conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Iím gonna go out and say that the whole Monoi Oil line is really a lifesaver for severely damaged hair. The key is to use the products in combination. I tried pretty much the entire line and I highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for the closest thing to a miracle. I noticed my hair was stronger, shiner, and most important had moisture was breaking off very minimally, I would say a good 90% less than before I started using the products. The products I use are the shampoo, the conditioner, strengthening serum, and the anti-breakage spray between washes.
Like I said the products works between in combination, but I would mix it with other products occasionally to test them better and the conditioner is pretty much the star of the line. Itís an HG for me, I would give it more than five stars if I could. I actually tried the leave in treatment masque and felt my hair was very stiff afterward, but I used the conditioner and immediately noticed a drastic change. Leave it in for a few minutes and for better absorption use a heating cap in the shower. My hair was so shiny, silky, and moisturized, I have seen less and less hair break off in the sink when I brush it. This product is literally saving my hair, not just preventing damage but also reversing it. This line is expensive but, if you canít afford all the products try to get the conditioner first and the serum second.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Murais

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was a little torn on the 'buy it again' button, because I usually balk at purchasing higher end hair products (trying many in past years left me completely unimpressed), but the Carol's Daughter Monoi line is so exceptional that, yes, I believe I will buy it again. In fact, after being totally blown away with the Sephora sample I received earlier this summer, then whining about the regular retail price for a bit, I then snapped up the HSN special deal with shampoo, conditioner, and mask. So I guess I WOULD buy it!

I have a lot of thin, increasingly coarse, dry-ish, wavy hair which usually leaves me torn between buying volumizing products vs. moisturizing products. Volumizers give me some needed ooomph and body, but dry out my hair. Moisturizers, well, the description speaks for itself, but they mostly leave my fine hair looking flat and almost greasy. This CD stuff is the bomb! I'm using both the shampoo and the conditioner, but I suspect it's the conditioner that is the star of the show. Truthfully, though, I hate to experiment by switching them up to test this theory out, because my hair is just looking too darn good right now! I've got great, shiny body. I've got happy, cooperative waves that are playing nicely with each other. And my hair feels soft and healthy. Indeed, since using CD Monoi, I've been able to run my fingers through the hairs at my neck nape once my hair is dry without running into tangle hell. And I'm not sure I've EVER been able to do that before.

The packaging does suck, and the scent is strong gardenia. If you're cool with flowery scents, then it doesn't matter. If you're not, then it might. I can't smell the gardenia once my hair is dry, but I have noticed it return when my hair gets wet. Either way-wet or dry-fine by me! And I'll deal with the silly half-screw off top due to what is inside; stuff that turns my hair into a sublime, happy state.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by LyrA236

This scent is NOT overwhelming, but is definitely gardenia-vanilla. Good conditioner for my hair type -- shoulder length, curly, color treated. I wish it were in a tube or an "upside down" bottle like Pantene has for conditioners. This stuff is thick and hard to squeeze out of a bottle. Update: Used alternately with the Monoi shampoo and alternating with hair mask, my hair is now a damaged and fried mess.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

i have shoulder-length, very thick, wavy/curly hair that I am trying to grow out. Since I continue to color it despite the fact that I am cutting it less, my hair's drier than it has been in years. MoroccanOil, conditioner, mask and oil have been reliable products for me during this time, but I have still been experiencing lots of shedding, knots, and a bit of breakage. (And this is long after abandoning any heat styling and washing my hair every other day if not less). I received a sample of this shampoo and conditioner from Sephora and was impressed enough to invest in a bottle of both. My only response to this set of products is WOW. After just one use, my hair is much less tangled, sheds noticeably less, and just feels far healthier overall. I have also begun using the Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Anti-Breakage Spray and the matching Monoi Repairing Hair Mask, and am very pleased with the results. The only criticism I would offer regarding this otherwise great line is that the Monoi scent, while natural, is rather heavy. If you are very sensitive to fragrance then this is not the set of products for you. The scent has grown on me, however, and it does gradually fade. If you love Monoi and are looking for something to repair your damaged hair then run (don't walk) to Sephora and ask for a sample of this shampoo and conditioner. They are excellent, and well worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by nikki770

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the condition of my hair after only 2 uses! Scent lasts up to 4 days. Shiny, not dry or brittle. Definitely a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Sabra15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've used this conditioner since it came out for my dry, thick, coarse, frizzy, curly, HUGE hair. I'm of Mediterranean ancestry if that helps and this is the perfect conditioner for my hair type. I think the price is fair as I only use salon products and a little goes a long way. I don't shampoo everyday, but I do condition and I think the bottle lasts nearly 2 months and I have a lot of hair! It does have a light gardenia scent that I don't really notice as I've used it for so long. I wear my hair natural and don't have breakage issues, but I've grown my hair past my shoulders now and with conditioners like this, I never get split ends for those who do.

It is very heavy and I don't think it would work for non-ethnic hair as it would probably weigh it down--just my thoughts, but all I know is the hot mess I was blessed with. Other reviewers seem to post the opposite, so I'm not quite sure. It isn't oily, if that helps.

Also, the bottle is not my favorite as it takes some effort to squeeze the thick conditioner out of the little hole and it's too hard to close it each time (weird top--1/2 way twists off more or less). As a result, if you leave it in a spot where water will hit it, the bottle slowly fills with water. So, keep it hidden in the shower or else! Otherwise, super satisfied. I had a sample of the matching shampoo and didn't like that for some reason I can't recall, so I use the Black Vanilla instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I find this way too heavy and rich for my fine hair that is prone to the "oilies", but on my daughter's super dry hair, it is AMAZING. We've tried all sorts of conditioners, leave-ins and oils. They all either don't moisturize enough or are too heavy. This conditioner moisturizes nicely, keeps her frizz under control and smells HEAVENLY. I can't stop smelling her hair after we condition it! We're trying to find this fragrance as a perfume as now!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have fine, dry hair and this conditioner works well for me. Does not weigh my hair down. The gardenia fragrance is quite strong though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Petalofarose

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The conditioner smells wonderful and did a great job repairing my hair, along with the mask and the shampoo. The conditioner is not very moisturizing on coarse hair so I had to use another conditioner after I used this one. My hair smells so clean though because of this starter kit.

The best product in the kit to me is the SHAMPOO. All together though they produce the results promised, 92% improvement in the condition of the hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by candypantz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite conditioner. I also love the shampoo. I think this is the first time I have ever got the results promised from a haircare product.

I've stopped shedding so much since I started using the Monoi line, and it helps my color hold (a first)!

My only gripe is the packaging--it's really terrible. They need a flip top with a bigger spout. It's just way too thick for the container it is in.

From reading the other reviews for this line it seems as though this line works on a wide variety of hair types. I have thin, fine, wavy hair that tends to tangle easily and it leaves my hair smooth soft without weighing it down. (Additional bonus: It's gluten free for those of us who cannot tolerate G in any form).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No