July 28, 2014 | 1055 users online

Hair Treatments - Carol's Daughter - Monoi repairing hair mask

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

This is a really tough product to review. I definitely felt that my hair had less breakage. I would say up to a good 60% less with this. It seemed to make my hair stronger so come brushing and flat iron time I saw less in the sink. The issue is that it doesnt moisturize much, and dry stronger hair isnt much better than moisturized weak hair. It's also very expensive, at a bit over 30 bucks. It just doesnt seem to be worth it for me for those two reasons. I do believe in the line and it may be an excellent product for someone who's hair isn't as dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by SometimesI26

Let me begin by saying that I am African American with a mid length Bob hair cut, my hair texture while wet is very thick and what I would call cup a noddle curls, however I recently colored my hair & it dramatically changed the texture for the worst. I have used various products in my day biosillk, biolage, keracare, nioxin, redkin, nexus, ganier nutrisse, neutrogena, apogee, aveda invati, olive oil conditioner, hell everything lol!!! But this mask is Everything, okay so I left it on for 30 mins with a plastic bag on my head and took my hair dryer and heated the treatment. I removed the mask & my hair was so fine and soft it was surreal, now generally my hair gets soft but not fine!!!! Then I blow dried my hair and there was substantially less shedding & I could run my fingers thru it without difficulty. Also when I blowdried my hair it looked as if I flat ironed it verses blowdried it so needless to say its amazing!! It was $32.00 plus tax at Sephora but I'd pay whatever for the health of my hair...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I have definitely used better repairing masks than this one. Maybe I'm weird, but I also really didn't like the scent. Or maybe they've changed it since I bought it (?) One reviewer said it smelled like baby powder, and I can tell you, mine did not smell like BP. It was kind of a deep vanilla, musk-y fragrance that was really, really strong. It also didn't strike me as being floral. The product itself comes in a tub, which in the shower, is definitely a pain to try to keep water out of; I would prefer a tube (our home doesn't have a bath tub, so that's not an option - unfortunately). I was really concerned that this product would actually be too heavy for my dry, damaged, highlighted hair; such was not the case. I really didn't feel my hair's health or texture improve at all. Maybe another reviewer was right about there being protein in it (I forgot to check the label); my hair does NOT respond well to protein no matter what shape its in, healthy or damaged. This product was also pricey, which adds to the overall level of disappointment. I will keep looking for a higher-end hair mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by melbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE this hair mask so much! Its incredible. I have thin bra strap length hair, a couple of years ago I used to bleach it platinum blonde so the ends are really damaged and dry.
The scent is so amazing and even after thoroughly rinsing I can still smell it, which I love!
My hair is always so shiny after using this and really smooth and soft. I get less breakage with this as well and I don't notice as many split ends as I used to.
After shampooing my hair I will put a small amount of this on the lengths and ends and wrap it up and sit under a hair drying hood thing for a while (normally between 15-45 minutes but sometime 1 hour.) When I rinse it out my hair is so silky smooth, I can't stop touching it.
I am in love and will continue purchasing this as long as they are making it.
I recommend it to anyone who was/is abusing their hair with heat or chemicals and wants to restore their hairs natural health.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by xmegannn

This is the first "high-end" hair mask I've purchased and lemme say, you really get what you pay for. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this hair mask. It smells amazing, leaves my hair feeling so soft and smooth I just want to run my fingers through my hair all day. Doesn't weigh down my hair while keeping it hydrated. After a couple of weeks, my hair definitely looks more healthy and shiny.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Zoaie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not usually one to spend a lot of money on hair care products. I usually use drug-store shampoos, and conditioners; however, I have been using the Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask, usually once or twice a week, for over a month. I can honestly say that I really like it!

Each time I open the container, I am greeted by the most lovely, white floral scent (which I love). It may be a little on the strong side (especially for men), but if you like white floral scents, you will probably really enjoy it.

To use this, I use two fingers to scoop out a little bit, rub that into the palms of my hands, and then smooth it over my head as I work it in to my hair. I leave it in my hair while I finish my shower routine (probably 5 mins. or so), and then rinse it out really well.

I have thick, wavy hair, and this hair mask leaves my hair soft, tangle free, really helps to tame my usual frizz/flyaways, and makes my hair smell amazing for the entire day. (As a bonus, I find that just having this on my hands to smooth it on my hair, makes my hands noticeably softer!)

Even at the price point that this sells for, I will most definitely repurchase this, when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by absolutvanila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I read in Allure magazine that Kim Kardashian uses this product so I thought if it was good enough for her it is good enough for me. I don't buy many hair products because I get blow outs at a salon and have oily roots to begin with. I use this deep conditioner once a week and it is one of the best hair products ever! It is also the best smelling hair product I ever used I love floral scents. I have long, coarse, thick, curly, hair and get keratin treatments to calm it down. I use a ton of heat once a week & this product really helps soften it and cause less breakage. I sit under a dryer with this product in my hair & it makes a world of difference. I love that it is sulfate free.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by dancerwannabe

I got a deluxe sample size of this and I am just not impressed at all. It just coated my hair and left a gunky film. It didn't soften or moisturize.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by xoxobellamarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Loovveee!!!

My hair used to be so dry from dyeing it so much, (I'm a natural blonde, but I used to dye my hair colors such as ginger, jett-black, and all sorts of ombré colors on the bottom.)

For my birthday, I received a $25 gift card from my aunt for Sephora, so the next weekend when my mum and I went to the mall, we dropped by the store.

I found this along with the matching shampoo and conditioner in a travel sized 3 pack, and purchased it.

I'm so happy with the results!

For one, the scent is just..... Absolutely lovely! It's smells like fresh baby powder.

I use this during every shower (I leave it in for 7 minutes.), and once a week I sneak a Vitamin D pill from the cabinet, crush it, grab a plastic container and spoon, and mix the powder of the pill and mask together. I'll then put it on and wrap my hair in a Saran Wrap, blowdry it for 7 minutes, then rinse it off in the shower. So shiny and silky!!

Definitely a must-have for all gals out there!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow. I bought this over a year ago, used it once and never gave much thought about it. Now lately I've bought the Rosemary mint clarifying shampoo and hair milk co-wash. Even though I am not the target group for these products, I have to say I am thoroughly impressed. Specifically what this repairing mask does! My hair has been majorly damaged due to processing my hair from back to blonde. Needless to say that was a FAIL and I just decided to dye it back to black. For months, I would wash my hair and use numerous conditioners, and I would still have knots! I decided to get a haircut and then use the rosemary mint shampoo and use this mask. Holy grail! As I washed this mask off, I feel the knots loosening up and my hair looks shiny after I blow dry! I haven't tried the hair milk co-wash yet, but let me just say that in the past I've used wen as well. Even the wen hair mask didn't help my severely damaged hair! Now I can't wait to try the co-wash and I can't stop running my fingers through my hair. LOL. My hair is fine, stick straight, somewhat thin Asian hair. I also use protein treatments since my hair is processed and I want to achieve more thickness in my hair. I will be doing a separate review for the hair milk co-wash in about two weeks. Overall, I would recommend the rosemary mint for weekly clarifying and this repairing mask.