October 21, 2014 | 1862 users online

Hair Treatments - Carol's Daughter - Monoi repairing hair mask

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

For a little background, I have thick, coarse, long, wavy, colored hair and I've used a lot of masks but none like this one. So far it's my favorite; the smell is heavenly, like my hair went on vacation to Hawaii.
Unlike other masks, when I rub it into my hair, I feel it working instantly. I wash my hair and then squeeze all the water out and then separate my hair into two parts and start working the mask into the ends. As I work the product into my hair, my hair starts to feel all buttery and slippery - this has never happened with another mask. Other masks just feel like they're laying on top of my hair not actually seeping into the hair itself. I went swimming and the chlorine turned my hair into a dry tangled birds nest and I didn't even think this mask could help but all of the tangles were gone before my hair even dried! It makes it soft and shiny, I can't stop touching my hair. As for the price, I know it seems pretty expensive but a little goes a long way! I bought this back in November and I still have another month left! Again, my hair is LONG so that says a lot.
Also, the longer you leave it in, the better the product works. So I try to do it for about 20-30 minutes but not long enough for my hair to actually dry.

UPDATE: this is officially my desert island product. I ran out and stopped using it for two weeks and my hair sheds 3x as much then before and I'm DEFINITELY seeing more split ends. I need this to always be in my life!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

This is a really tough product to review. I definitely felt that my hair had less breakage. I would say up to a good 60% less with this. It seemed to make my hair stronger so come brushing and flat iron time I saw less in the sink. The issue is that it doesnt moisturize much, and dry stronger hair isnt much better than moisturized weak hair. It's also very expensive, at a bit over 30 bucks. It just doesnt seem to be worth it for me for those two reasons. I do believe in the line and it may be an excellent product for someone who's hair isn't as dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by SometimesI26

Let me begin by saying that I am African American with a mid length Bob hair cut, my hair texture while wet is very thick and what I would call cup a noddle curls, however I recently colored my hair & it dramatically changed the texture for the worst. I have used various products in my day biosillk, biolage, keracare, nioxin, redkin, nexus, ganier nutrisse, neutrogena, apogee, aveda invati, olive oil conditioner, hell everything lol!!! But this mask is Everything, okay so I left it on for 30 mins with a plastic bag on my head and took my hair dryer and heated the treatment. I removed the mask & my hair was so fine and soft it was surreal, now generally my hair gets soft but not fine!!!! Then I blow dried my hair and there was substantially less shedding & I could run my fingers thru it without difficulty. Also when I blowdried my hair it looked as if I flat ironed it verses blowdried it so needless to say its amazing!! It was $32.00 plus tax at Sephora but I'd pay whatever for the health of my hair...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I have definitely used better repairing masks than this one. Maybe I'm weird, but I also really didn't like the scent. Or maybe they've changed it since I bought it (?) One reviewer said it smelled like baby powder, and I can tell you, mine did not smell like BP. It was kind of a deep vanilla, musk-y fragrance that was really, really strong. It also didn't strike me as being floral. The product itself comes in a tub, which in the shower, is definitely a pain to try to keep water out of; I would prefer a tube (our home doesn't have a bath tub, so that's not an option - unfortunately). I was really concerned that this product would actually be too heavy for my dry, damaged, highlighted hair; such was not the case. I really didn't feel my hair's health or texture improve at all. Maybe another reviewer was right about there being protein in it (I forgot to check the label); my hair does NOT respond well to protein no matter what shape its in, healthy or damaged. This product was also pricey, which adds to the overall level of disappointment. I will keep looking for a higher-end hair mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by melbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE this hair mask so much! Its incredible. I have thin bra strap length hair, a couple of years ago I used to bleach it platinum blonde so the ends are really damaged and dry.
The scent is so amazing and even after thoroughly rinsing I can still smell it, which I love!
My hair is always so shiny after using this and really smooth and soft. I get less breakage with this as well and I don't notice as many split ends as I used to.
After shampooing my hair I will put a small amount of this on the lengths and ends and wrap it up and sit under a hair drying hood thing for a while (normally between 15-45 minutes but sometime 1 hour.) When I rinse it out my hair is so silky smooth, I can't stop touching it.
I am in love and will continue purchasing this as long as they are making it.
I recommend it to anyone who was/is abusing their hair with heat or chemicals and wants to restore their hairs natural health.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by xmegannn

This is the first "high-end" hair mask I've purchased and lemme say, you really get what you pay for. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this hair mask. It smells amazing, leaves my hair feeling so soft and smooth I just want to run my fingers through my hair all day. Doesn't weigh down my hair while keeping it hydrated. After a couple of weeks, my hair definitely looks more healthy and shiny.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by ShoeGal95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this hair mask last night. WoW! Love it! I jumped in and purchased the large container for $29.
I have long hair past mid back, highlights, lowlights, colored dark underneath. Shampooed with Oribe Volume then applied mask with large tooth comb, extra on ends. Wrapped hair in a turbie to retain heat and soaked in a 20 min. Epsom Salt bath.
it's been 6 weeks since my last color. My hair looks like I just had it done! Soft, smooth with volume. Scalp is good, not oily at all. I blow dried, too. Getting used to the scent. It's kinda nutty lol. It did cover the perfume scent of Oribe shampoo.
I feel great today! My hair really does look and feel great. It's my first product from Carol's Daughter. My hair is fine, but abundant, color treated, long. No color lost noticed, at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Zoaie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not usually one to spend a lot of money on hair care products. I usually use drug-store shampoos, and conditioners; however, I have been using the Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask, usually once or twice a week, for over a month. I can honestly say that I really like it!

Each time I open the container, I am greeted by the most lovely, white floral scent (which I love). It may be a little on the strong side (especially for men), but if you like white floral scents, you will probably really enjoy it.

To use this, I use two fingers to scoop out a little bit, rub that into the palms of my hands, and then smooth it over my head as I work it in to my hair. I leave it in my hair while I finish my shower routine (probably 5 mins. or so), and then rinse it out really well.

I have thick, wavy hair, and this hair mask leaves my hair soft, tangle free, really helps to tame my usual frizz/flyaways, and makes my hair smell amazing for the entire day. (As a bonus, I find that just having this on my hands to smooth it on my hair, makes my hands noticeably softer!)

Even at the price point that this sells for, I will most definitely repurchase this, when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by absolutvanila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I read in Allure magazine that Kim Kardashian uses this product so I thought if it was good enough for her it is good enough for me. I don't buy many hair products because I get blow outs at a salon and have oily roots to begin with. I use this deep conditioner once a week and it is one of the best hair products ever! It is also the best smelling hair product I ever used I love floral scents. I have long, coarse, thick, curly, hair and get keratin treatments to calm it down. I use a ton of heat once a week & this product really helps soften it and cause less breakage. I sit under a dryer with this product in my hair & it makes a world of difference. I love that it is sulfate free.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by dancerwannabe

I got a deluxe sample size of this and I am just not impressed at all. It just coated my hair and left a gunky film. It didn't soften or moisturize.