October 24, 2014 | 1716 users online

Eye Shadow - Make Up For Ever - Metal Powder - Sunflower Gold #1

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by BazookaBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot say enough good things about this eyeshadow. I have been wearing makeup since I was a teenager (I'm twenty seven now) but only very recently got "into" makeup beyond the basic foundation, eyeliner, and mascara. Once I really got into beauty products I found myself on a mission to get the perfect gold eyeshadow. I did a Google search for gold shadows and an article came up about the Hunger Games movie, and this was used for one of the main characters, Cinna, for his signature gold eyeliner and in the photos it looked gorgeous. I found myself at Sephora a few days later, tried the tester pot that was available, and fell in love. I own several different gold shadows (it is my favorite color range) from several companies but this is by far the truest gold out there.

There are only four colors in the Metal Powder line. This one is a true gold, loose pigment. A tiny, tiny bit goes a long, long way. It is very bright and looks like gold leaf when you put it on. I also love to use this as an eyeliner as well with a wet liner brush, or accent the corners of my eyes or waterline with it. I don't notice a lot of fall out with this product, even if it is a loose pigment, but I try not to overload my brush because of how concentrated it is. Staying power and vibrancy isn't an issue. Twelve hours in Atlanta summer heat and it looks just as bright (and right where I put it) as it did when I first put it on - even if the rest of my makeup might have had other ideas.

The packaging is just like other MUFE loose pigments. It's a small plastic jar that has a plastic sifter insert to keep too much product from coming out at once. The pot holds 2.8 grams and each one is $23 US plus tax. Very expensive for one eyeshadow, but as I said a tiny bit goes a long way (I can't see myself running out any time soon) and if you are looking for a true gold that stays gold, it doesn't get any better than this. I hope that the metal powders line expands beyond the four colors they already have as they are fantastic products and would love to have more!