September 30, 2014 | 1728 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Ulta - Dual Action Cleansing System

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by balletbeauty7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because I had heard good things about the Clarisonic but a) have quite sensitive acne probe skin so I'm hesitant to change my skin are routine and b) the price tag. I have loved this brush since it's first use. My pores have visibly shrunk and my skin is shiny and clear. I love that there are replacement heads also. Only problem is I dropped mine and it broke and I'm not in the US for a while to get a replacement :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by mgongaware

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is totally worth the money. The brush is gentle and the speed is perfect. I've been using this for about a week and my skin is softer and breakouts have been reduced. If you have breakout from makeup, then i highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by ponc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this based on online reviews and price. I wanted Clarisonic, but i didn't want to pay $100+ for it. I think this was the cheapest out of all the facial brushes. Everyone raved about it online. I use this brush with Kiehls Ultra Facial Cleanser. My skin does feel smoother. The original brush head was a bit stiff and it made my face hurt. The replacement head is softer. I haven't use the sponge head yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 6:37:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I chose this for a variety of reasons. I won't purchase Proctor & Gamble because of their non-cruelty free products (the Olay system). That left this Cleansing brush in this price range from Ulta, or the Neutrogena one. I looked at both and decided on this one.
I like the brush and also the foam brush that comes with it. The brush is soft and easy on my face. I wet it with warm water and apply it to my skin, use a bit of my cleansing foam and it lathers up beautifully. I don't apply any pressure at all. I don't use it around my eyes either. I find that it does take off make-up very well from my skin, and neck. It's a rather relaxing feeling, too. I can use it in the shower because it's battery-operated. I've had mine for almost two months now and I haven't had to replace the batteries nor the pads yet.
The foam pad is interesting. I use it to massage my skin when I apply my oils. It's extremely gentle and gives my skin a very soft, slow massage. The only thing to remember is not to press into your skin and how long you need to keep the brushes on your skin so you don't do any future or long-term damage.
It's easy to clean. You simply pull the brush off the top of the handle and run it under water and let it dry. Snap it back on for your next washing. It's that easy. The handle is easy to hold, too. It's slim and doesn't slip in the shower.
I've heard some not good things about the Clarisonic, which is why I opted for this type of system. Plus, I can't justify that cost that the Clarisonic is for a cleansing system for just my face. I use it once a day for about 45 seconds. It makes my skin feel refreshed and clean. Kind of a squeaky clean. I'm very happy with this purchase. The replacement brush is another 8 bucks, kind of steep, I think, considering this cost 22, but that's Ulta for you. It's good for a slight exfoliating for my skin and I can see that difference since I've been using it. I think it's a great product so far.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by makeupdee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for the past few months and it's definitely a good deal considering it cost $25 to Clarisonic over $100. (I had a $5 credit at Ulta too, so it ended up being only $20). I haven't tried Clarisonic yet so can't comment on a comparison; however, since using this the pores on my face have shrunk noticeably (I have combination skin with pores larger on the nose and t-zone, but not horribly large) and the skin texture is beautiful and smooth. I use it about every other evening, in the shower, where we have a chlorine/hard water filter. I use the brush attachment with a bit of Simple Refreshing Facial Wash gel. (another advantage is, because of the brush action, you only need to use a small amount of product). The only downside, and it's not a deal breaker, is that you need to know how much pressure to use. The brush is fairly soft but if you apply much pressure at all, it can end up being a bit irritating to skin. So what I do is, just let the brush rest on my skin holding it normally against it, without applying any pressure or pushing in at all. I also wet the brush when I first get in the shower and let the water sit on the bristles for a couple minutes before attaching the brush to the motor part and using it. And I only need to use it every other day because I'm in my 40s and don't have oily skin problems. This brush is one piece of my skin care. I also use Creme de la Mer, NAT. face serum, and the Simple cleanser mentioned above. What I'm trying to say is, the brush on its own won't solve everything if you don't use products that agree with your skin. But as part of the whole skin care, it works great!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by kelly32

I recently purchased this and I'm very pleased. I have never used a Clarisonic, so I have no comparisons to that product. However, I have dry, sensitive, acne prone skin, and at 40 years old, did not want to take the chance after hearing some people experienced broken capillaries using the Clarisonic. So, I went to Ulta with the intention of buying the Olay brush which gets good reviews here. I noticed this brush system by Ulta and it appeared to do the same thing as the Olay. The Olay brush was $30 plus the cost of replacement heads. The Ulta brush was on sale for $17.50 and I purchased a two pack of replacement heads for $5.50. I'm very impressed with the results. The brush head is SO unbelievably soft, and does not scratch the face at all. In fact, even with my sensitive skin, I can use this twice daily with no irritation. This system only has one speed, but it is more than enough to cleanse your face safely. My face just feels all around cleaner and clearer, and breakouts have been greatly reduced to almost non-existant. This is great for using in the shower, but I also use it sink-side and it does not spray cleanser everywhere! A really great buy and much cheaper than the Olay and Clarisonic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: Ulta now makes replacement brush heads! Yay!

This is a great power cleansing brush. It's a little bulky compared to like a Clarisonic, but for the price (and the fact that Ulta always has coupons) it's a good deal. The bristles are soft. The rotation speed is pretty good, not too fast or too slow. There are two attachment heads: one bristled brush and a dense spongey head (apparently for applying moisturizer or for extra gentle cleansing). The heads stay secure during cleansing, so no problem there. However, Ulta currently does not sell separate or replacement attachments, so the ones that come with the brush kit will have to be taken very good care of in order to last a long time (it seems silly to me to have to buy a whole new system kit to replace the brush head). My face does not feel dry or overly tight after using this brush (I use it twice a day). Overall this is good budget-buy powered cleansing brush. It's fun to use too; I find myself washing my face for longer than normal :)