August 1, 2014 | 1681 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - P80 Precision Flat

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

A great brush for applying concealor to the eye area, and for covering blemishes. It blends the concealor so well. No more concealor in my nails from using my fingers.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by vancandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this on MUA's recommendation as a concealer blending brush, and it does its job as billed. It allows me to buff out my concealer to cover the large pores on my nose, and it's soft and forgiving enough that it doesn't redden, scratch, or irritate my skin. The bristles are pretty absorbent, and as a previous reviewer mentions, it's best to wash it every one or two uses. This doesn't bother me however because I would clean something like a concealer brush frequently anyway.

A couple caveats preventing it from reaching "HG" status and the coveted 5 lippie rank:

1) It's dinky. I think I may have dropped it, or maybe just bumped it, but it bent one of the sides and distorted the shape of the brush. Still usable, but not at its best anymore. And this was only after a couple uses too :(
2) It sheds a wee bit. Maybe a 2-3 hairs every wash.

Over all, as a relative brush n00b, this is my favorite of my set.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by gagag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Holy grail, no question. I can't believe no one has raved about this brush yet! It is far and away my favorite Sigma brush to date. I own this one, the precision flat (P80), as well as the precision tapered (P86), the precision round (P82), and the precision round angled (P84). The two I reach for most are the precision round and this little powerhouse. While the round precision performs as billed - like your fingertip - this flat precision is like your fingertip if your fingertip had the lightest touch and tremendous versatility. Yes, it's great for stippling concealer for flawless spot coverage - absolutely, without any doubt. However, where this really shines is using it as the larger synthetic flat kabuki (the F80) was intended. To begin with, I am petite. I have a small face and small features. And horribly dry skin at times. The F80, while useful for many people with oilier skin and more surface area, just didn't fit my needs. The F80 exfoliated my skin as I used it to buff foundation - so it left me with foundation-covered flakes and dry patches still clinging to my skin - no matter how much I moisturized or exfoliated first. Also, it was too big for my face. This precision version of the flat-top kabuki is PERFECT for me. The bristles are just as soft and dense, but with the smaller size and thinner handle, I have much more control. I buff cream and liquid foundations into my skin in small sections, and it leaves everything perfectly smooth. In fact, it fills in the larger pores on my nose quite nicely, rendering them invisible. Its versatility allows it to cover large areas like my cheek while being able to get into the corners around my nose. It's much better at buffing liquid or cream into skin than the rounded synthetic precision (which is more for packing on product), and it ensures that my makeup never looks cakey. Oh, and did I mention it doesn't shed? If I could use only one brush for the rest of my life, then this would be it. Not even my beloved MAC 109 beats this HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by jadorelechoc

I solely use this brush for stippling concealer on my spots and it delivers excellently. Has a convenient long thin handle and very soft hairs and it is very well loved among my brushes. It covers blemishes and blends the concealer at the same time, it's wonderful and well priced and has never shed. I have nothing like it and I am very happy I have it. I use it almost every day for the past year and a half maybe.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I was hoping to love this but so far i'm not sure maybe it;s the concealers i use bu i find that this makes for a very streaky application.It works well for eye shadow blending brush but that isn't why I bought it.

My other issue with the brush is that the hair soak up too much product so it really needs a deep cleaning AFTER EACH USE.For the end result I doubt it's worth the work.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by laydeexsav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this brush for quite a while now and I must say that I am happy with this purchase. This is a small synthetic, dense, and flat brush. To me, it's a mini-me version of the F80 brush. It hasn't shed on me after washing this. I really like this brush from Sigma because it helps to conceal any blemishes I have. I just stipple on some concealer onto my imperfections, buff it out a bit, and yeay, I'm happy! Try this brush out. Hasn't disappointed me.