November 24, 2014 | 1408 users online

Polishes - Mineral Fusion - Nail Lacquer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by jenc2007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I picked up a bottle of this polish in the color amethyst (dark purple shade comparable to Lancomes violine) at Whole Foods. Only needed one coat, the polish is opaque. Will be buying this brand from here forth.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Cindy76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this nail polish in "nickle and dime." Color is a shiny, silver. Highly pigmented, easy to apply, one layer is sufficient. Will purchase other colors in this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Madera

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nail Polishes for my pregnant bootay. Will not go back to gel. Huffington Post states that 6 exposures to UV light equals 10 x skin cancer risk a year. Seriously. I use to do gel once a week x 3 years.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by MeloraRabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this polish a lot! Its highly pigmented and there are great colors to chose from. I love the idea of using a more natural nail polish, and this polish doesnt smell as toxic as the usual brands do.

That being said, it is a bit thick so you absolutely MUST let the first coat dry completely before applying a second coat or it seriously will NEVER dry, and you will have to remove it all and start over.
I dont like how messy this packaging gets. Im not sure why it is, but the opening of the bottles are all caked with dry polish. The only other thing Ive noticed is that after long time wear, especially of the Red shades, my nails are stained very yellow :(

My fav colors are the Nile Blue, Red ( I cannot recall the actual name) and I love the dark purple. I bought a purple chunky glitter intending to use as a top coat, but the glitter chunks are huge so the finish looks chunky and sloppy. Plus the pieces of glitter are hard to remove.

I use this with the Sally Hanson Hard as Diamonds Top/Base coat.
When I really take my time, and let all coats dry properly, the finish is so smooth and shiny, it looks like a professional manicure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I tried this out from Ulta because they were new and on sale BOGO free. I grabbed Pebble (lavender pink) and Blossom (a rosy pink). GREAT formula. VERY opaque in one coat and there is no strong odor. This is a vegan product from what I gather and very safe.

Pebble is one of my favorite polishes now. It's such a gorgeous lavender pink color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried 2 Mineral Fusion Nail Lacquer colors: Blushing Crystal and Rock Candy.

I tried the Blushing Crystal first. I am always on the hunt for a great sheer polish that just gives a clean look to the nails. This was too thick for that. One coat was too streaky, multiple coats were too opaque. That being said, I added a glitter top coat and loved my toes for 2 week with no chips.

Being that I liked the formula and staying power, I went back and got the Rock Candy and the top coat. 2 coats of Rock Candy, one coat of top coat and my toes went 10 days without a chip, and even then it was very small. Went another week before I took the polish off and it still really didn't look that bad. Yes, that was nearly 3 weeks. Great formula!

Cons:
1. I don't like the handle or the brush. I find too much product gets on the brush and it is hard to too get off. I like a smaller brush, so there's a lot of clean up for me after I am done.
2. It takes a long time to dry. Also, follow the instructions and wait between each coat. I didn't follow at first and it took hours to fully set. It dried much faster when I followed the instructions.
3. It is hard to remove.

Pros:
1. The "natural" formula actually seems to help my nails. They seemed stronger after using this for a couple of months.
2. Long-lasting, chip free color
3. price - about 8.50USD.
4. colors - great on-trend colors - most natural lines are lacking in color choices or the colors are too "hippy" for me.

Overall, the pros definitely outweigh the cons and I will definitely be trying more colors. I found them at the Market Street grocery store in their natural products section. They had a small selection - more colors are available online.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

I have Rusty Rum and Sandstone and I love them. I found them in my local health food store, but noticed my local Ulta has started to carry this brand as well. The bottle is nicely designed and is easy to hold. The brush is long and has a set of thin brisles that work well. The polish can be a bit on the thin side, but you just have to make sure you wipe off the excess. I can be kind of sloppy sometimes so that might be more of an issue with me than others.

Polish doesn't tend to last on my nails long, but this stuff does fairly well. I think it last 2-3 days on me, which is pretty typical. I am rough on my hands and I have to wash them a lot. I don't know how it stands up to purell. I will have to wear it to clinical one day because most of my polishes seem to gum up and disapear after a few hours at the hospital. I tend to not really wear polish much. Mostly it is only if I forget to remove it.

That being said the polish dries smoothly and dries relatively quickly. It looks nice and I really enjoy this brand. They have a nice little selection of polishes to choose from and have some nice glitter polishes, which I haven't tried yet. I noticed they had some really great coral colors, which I would like to try soon. If you haven't checked this brand out I would recommend you give it a try. It is priced about the same as OPI and Essie with similiar quality performance. There is a great range or colors too. Lots of nice neutral colors and some bright, fun ones. Hope you guys and gals like it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by greenmascara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really surprised at how well this applies! Easiest application smooth, even - goes on better than the Deborah lippman i have! Pigmentation is excellent, colors are really nice - I have cerulean rock -- plan to get many more - so pretty. I'm happy!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by tutanfrutan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so impressed by the smooth application and pigmentation of this product. Wow. I have never ever been satisfied with one coat of nail color before, but Mineral Fusion Sapphire Dream delivered opaque results with one coat. I used a different brand of top coat because that's what I have but I'll be purchasing Mineral Fusion top coat when I can to see if the quality is just as good as the polish.

I purchased the polish in my local Whole Foods Market. I also purchased Coal Mine which is a black shimmer polish so I'll update my review when I try it out.

The smell is not offensive.

Update: So I have been wearing Sapphire Dream for four days. One of my nails chipped yesterday, and I think it's because I only applied one coat so I touched up, and cleaned the house, washed the bathroom, baked a cake, cooked dinner and all sorts of things and my nails still look great. Oh by the way, there were absolutely no streaks or bubbles. The brush is large like O.P.I's brush. I don't mind.

Second update: I bought the Mineral Fusion top coat which dries super fast. I cannot believe how soon after applying I am able to get back to doing things with my hands. If it stays thin until the bottle is done, I will keep purchasing.

The downside though is that the polishes are prone to chipping on my nails even when I use two coats and do every thing right. Some times it just peels right off after three days. I usually get chips at the tip the very next day after my manicure. They last weeks on my toes though, so I'll use them there. I'm so disappointed because I was very excited at first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by apparently

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice natural polish. Bought at Whole Foods for $8, in Nickel & Dime, a lovely pewter. I am a swimmer, and this has survived about 3 pool miles without degrading, even though I don't use base/top coats.