April 16, 2014 | 1510 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner in Bronze

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by RobinFace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an excellent long lasting eyeliner with a great liner brush. I would give it a 5 stars, but it is really brown, not bronze. I was only disappointed with the color, but it is an excellent product and brown looks very nice, but color mislabeled. I bought the navy too but I haven't tried it yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by ktmacup

This is a pretty color and I love the L'Oreal gel liners. That said even with the color being pretty, I would not repurchase it. I did not think that color was very wearable on my medium olive toned skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear eyeliner everyday and I've used Revlon Colorstay pencils for years and years. I've never been a fan of this sort of creamy liner, like Fluid Line or Stila Smudgepot. I can't even remember what possessed me to try L'Oreal Lacquer liners, but I haven't touched my Colorstay liner since I've discovered these! I've already bought 2 of the Bronze color, and one each of the Black, Dark Slate and Espresso. I have light brown eyes and I find the Bronze to be the most neutral and flattering. It looks especially nice with the Infalliable Bronzed Taupe eye shadow.

One thing I really like is that I can apply a thicker, darker line on my upper lashline and then use what's left on my brush to create a much softer line on my lower lashline. I would say with all the shades that the color is very buildable. If you want a softer, sheerer line, just use a *tiny* amount of product on your brush to start and then you can add more if you want it to be darker. A little bit goes such a long way.

I also love that the liner glides right on and is easy to manipulate during application to get a perfect line (crisp or smudged). Once this liner is on, I find that it stays put until you take it off. No smudging! I don't have oily lids, though and I do use UD Primer Potion.

Lastly, the little pot is heavy glass with a metal lid and the brush is not only soft, but functional and easy to use. The product and the packaging are really great quality for a drug store product. I am super impressed and I will buy any new colors that L'Oreal makes!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by OHeatherO

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in Navy and Bronze. I have been searching forever for a gel to replace my MAC Fluidline in Graphic Brown. This is it! It comes with a nice brush that makes application nearly foolproof. Liner stays put all day on my lid. I also use it on my waterline. It stays ok,better than I expected. Love this. Makes my eyes pop!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Shelbsca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this gel liner! The shade bronze is a bit too dark (I'm very fair), but it works, and I'll probably repurchase. Bronze is like a brownish black, which is sort of disappointing because I was expecting it to be a lighter brown. Oh well, who cares?

The best part about this gel liner is the brush is comes with. Besides having to be washed frequently, I would honestly buy this product again just to get this brush. It makes application SO much easier and it makes winged eyeliner look absolutely flawless. I have done winged eyeliner for years with pencil and liquid liner, and always stayed away from gel liner because I heard it was way harder to use. That couldn't be more of a lie, not with this product/brush at least! My winged eyeliner looks better and takes way quicker than with any other type of liner, not to mention this is my first and only gel liner. The brush allows for mistakes, and is so forgiving, but you still get precision, even for someone who has a shaky hand like me!

Besides the shade being a tad too dark, the gel liner itself is great. Not too cakey and while the container looks small, you get soooo much because you really don't end up using that much each time. This liner will probably last me years.

The only cons with this product are that, the brush, while great, does need to be washed once every other week because it tends to lose its shape and the remaining liner kind of cakes on it if you don't take care of it. Also, the way this product is packaged is sort of inconvenient- maybe its just the consistency of the liner? Even though I really take care of this product, inside the container is messy because it's easy to pick up too much product, so you end up always swiping off the excess on the rim. Also, the surface of the liner itself has all these dents and swipes in it from use, which makes it look so ugly and actually harder to apply when putting your brush into it- most likely due to a consistency that's a bit too thick. I am also afraid because of this consistency issue that the product will dry out before I'm even done using it!

The cost wasn't great, but it's worth it for how much product you get, plus the brush! If not for the gel liner, get it for the brush! I highly recommend this product! I most likely won't ever need to but I would repurchase!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I already own this in Black and Espresso, so it's safe to say I love this product. It's very creamy and easy to apply, just like the other two colors, and I love the brush that's included. I bought Bronze because I want a softer look lately, and Espresso is a very dark almost black brown and somewhat harsh. I apply Bronze from the outside of my eye in, and then go back over it from the inside out, slightly smudinging as I go. Like the other two colors, it lasts nearly all day without smudging on my oily lids, and I love the color. It's a nice metallic bronze that complements my brown eyes nicely. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by eatyoursocks02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I saw great reviews on this eyeliner but it really didn't work out for me. It smudged very easily when applying and kept smudging onto my eyebrow area above my eyelid. I don't have oily skin and after a couple hours I noticed fading

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was in need of a new eyeliner, and was tired of pencil liners, so I wanted to pick up another gel eyeliner. I have a Maybelline gel eyeliner in a dark, matte brown, but wanted something more shimmery. My husband works at Walmart and was almost off shift so I quickly googled what gel eyeliners L'Oreal had (L'Oreal is my favorite brand). I saw the colors they offered and decided Bronze sounded right up my alley. After I got off the phone, I looked at reviews and swatches and was disappointed that it looked just like my Maybelline one, maybe a tad lighter. When I got it in my hands, opened it and looked at the brush and put it up til morning. When I looked at it this morning in the light, I realized it was very different from Maybelline's and it was GORGEOUS. It's a beautiful deep bronzey-copper, with a hint of plum undertones, and had fine bronze shimmer running all through it. The brush isn't as stiff as Maybelline's, but it makes it easier to do a straight line. I'm really impressed with the ease of use (glides smoother than Maybelline's) and the lasting power. Overall, this is smooth, lasts long, has a unique color, and has great packaging. Definitely recommend you try this!

ALSO: Just saw swatches of Maybelline's Color Tattoo LE swatches, and this eyeliner looks exactly like Rich Mahogany! Just a little f.y.i. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by EMILYSROSE

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This eyeliner is easy to apply and the brush that comes with it is great for thin lines. It comes off easily with face cleanser. It lasts all day, with no smudging. I reccomend this amazing product..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by kimk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with the reviewer who said this isn't as bronzy as she thought it would be. I don't find it "bronzy" at all - it's a very nice dark brown, but I see no bronze to it - it's nothing like BB's Bronze gel liner. That said, this is a fantastic formula. It applies like buttah, very smooth, but not too wet. Like all gel liners, it takes a minute or two to set, but once it's dry, it wears like iron, but removes easily with my TTDO makeup remover. This would be perfect if the color were more bronze - that is the only drawback, and that is why I rate it a 4, not a 5. If you are looking for a dark brown liner that wears forever, is readily accessible and won't break the bank - get thee the Infallible Gel Liner in bronze.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No