August 28, 2014 | 1152 users online

Eye Shadow - Essence - metropolitan

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

This is a beautiful soft taupe-brown eyeshadows with slight shimmer, all essence eyeshadows require a primer (as do ones frm dior, chanel, anna sui, some mac, etc- so won't take a lippie off), colour is very useful and exactly what i wanted for ages! Nars makes a similar shade but it was too 'heavy' looking fr me to buy, this one has a sheer texture but good pigmentation. Even if you are a m/u snob i think you will like this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I saw the Essence display at Shoppers drug mart and decided to swatch a few of the eyeshadows. Some were not very pigmented, but this one seemed to be super pigmented so I bought it. Its a gorgeous mid tone, sparkly brown that is a true brown, not taupe, and not a warm brown. with my fair skin browns can look muddy on me but I simply wear this shade all over my lid alone, and blended into the crease, blending it with a fluffy crease brush and it looks amazing, it really brings out my green eyes (although technically I should be wearing purple) I wear this, dark brown liner, mascara, and perhaps highlight and it is a super gorgeous eye look. You can also wear this as a crease color, or smudged as an eyeliner, so its super versatile. It is by far the prettiest brown in my collection, and it cost under 3$ Canadian! It lasted me as long as my high end eyeshadows as well, so that was a bonus. I am confused as to why nobody mentioned this gem.