November 24, 2014 | 1634 users online

Nails - Revlon - Moon Candy

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2014 4:16:00 AM More reviews by shazzahllala

I got this in 280 "Orbit" and my first experience with it was pretty rough. The glittery top coat was unbearably thick and goopy and the base coat kept smudging away while I tried to layer on top of it. After using way too much clear top coat to even out the surface, it still doesn't look anything close to the sample nail in the store, although I should have expected that. I still really like the colors, but I'm pretty upset that I spent $10 CAD on a product that's so difficult to apply evenly and came in such a small quantity. I actually didn't mind the packaging as it's really not that awkward to hold. Hopefully it won't be this bad again, as I used up half of the thick glitter top coat in my first application and added some clear polish to reduce the clumpy mess for next time.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by aubjohnson19

I honesty wish I could give zero lippies but I can't. This sucks. I have galactic which is a solid dark navy blue and the sparkles are bluish. The glitter is very chunky and doesn't not at all go on smooth, also when it dries the glitters peel off. Now about the regular polish itself. It chips, doesn't stay on, and it's just overall so awful. I was in my super target a day ago and I went by the nail isle and saw Essie's nail polish so I picked up "after school boy blazer" which is just like the galactic's navy blue and I picked up Essie's "sparkle on top" and it's just blown my mind how smooth the Essie's "sparkle on top" goes on top of "after school boy blazer". It gives a way better effect than revlons galactic and I like to put matte polish on top of it. The Essie/matte version I put together is so much greater than revlons.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by rainbeau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Terrible. I'm a nail polish junkie and I love funky sparkles and designs, so when I saw this I figured I had to try it. I didn't look up reviews ahead of time because I've had really good experiences with Revlon nail polishes before this. My mistake.

Pros:
* looks really pretty for that split second that you have one nail properly applied

Cons:
* difficult to apply
* glitter pieces flake and peel, surface is not smooth
* bottle is awfully designed (top heavy as others have mentioned)
* a bit difficult to remove (though I didn't find it as bad as some others have stated)
* stains your nails
* pricey

I really wanted to love this, but it was a flop for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by morphinization

I'm surprised by all the negative reviews, but I haven't tried taking the polish off yet. I bought this because I didn't have a dark blue polish yet and I love sparkles when they're near the cuticle (not all-over or only on the tip, looks cheap to me) and I'm LOVING the effect. I just pat a dollop of the glitter near the cuticle and spread it out, it looks so pretty. I hope I don't have the chipping problem seeing as I don't have any glitter on the tips. The packaging isn't super but it's nice to have the two polishes in one in that they're always together, aka you can't lose the one or the other. I'm able to polish by setting one half down and dipping the brush. Speaking of which, I think the brush is great at covering my nails. I'll update if necessary!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Hbbbbb

I registered for this site just to be sure that I could put my complaint somewhere.

As other people say, the base coat is okay; it goes on smooth. The sparkle product peels away, taking the top coat with it, even when I added my own top coat, and it SMELLS like model airplane glue or something. Then, it doesn't come off. It takes two cotton balls per hand, and some of the base coat still remains on my nails a week later. So I look like I have a disease. I do in fact have diabetes and don't appreciate having to use a nail file to file away the product because nail polish remover won't take it off. I was using the blue version, with light blue sparkles. It was $9 and a total headache of a product. It should be RECALLED. There's no beneficial purpose for this product and I feel horrible that any corporate resources and testing was done on something like this. The ad looked lovely of course. I do not see how anyone on earth including using my own Photoshop skills would be able to recreate those ads using the actual off-the-shelf product.

Horrible. Ridiculous. Smelly.

Spots of blue are welded to my fingernails a week after I tried desperately to remove it with nail polish remover, multiple times. I found sparkles in my bed sheets, in my towels. Not good. I tried it twice, and each time the same difficulty removing the product occurred.

No way will I ever buy another Revlon product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by fieonyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The flakes just ended up being a crusty mess. They wouldn't always lay flat on the nail so I would have some bumpy texture. Without a clear topcoat the flakes would catch on things and would lose their shiny luster until I would have to pick it off. Basically, clumpy crusty mess not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a terrible product. The packaging is terrible - the double-ended container seems like it would be a good idea, but it's actually so top-heavy that the thing becomes unwieldy and won't stand up. You have to hold the bottle in one hand while you paint with the others because there is no way to stand the bottle up without risking calamity.

The product is even worse. I bought two varieties on sale (a dark green one with green/yellow sparkles and a gray one with iridescent blue sparkles) and both of them just look cheap. The base coats aren't bad, but you have to put on so many layers of glitter to get the effect that your nails look gummy and cheap. Worst of all, the polish chips easily and has a habit of sliding off your nails, even hours after application.

I usually love Revlon products, but this was a huge disappointment. Stay away.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by topni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG this was such a waste of money. The brush is so horrible. I used to do nails at my aunt's nail salon and I cant even paint right with this brush. Formula is so thick. It's just plain awful. Not to mention about the price 11 CAD at Shoppers. Seriously? I'm pissed off.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by JenniAdventure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was so very excited about this polish after I saw the ads (I suppose that's the point.) However, I was even more disappointed once I used it. I should have used common sense to realize that it wouldn't look exactly like it does in the ads, but this is just awful. I bought the color Satellite which is a pretty burgundy base color and pink sparkles. The base color is kinda pretty but the sparkles are a whole different story. It takes about 5 or 6 coats of sparkles to even look remotely like the ads and it still doesn't even look good. It just looks like cheap sparkles...way overpriced! Won't be buying and probably returning!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpFeb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THE WORST nail polish I have ever used in my entire life. It is way too expensive, and not worth it. I should have just bought an essie polish.

I bought I think the color is orbit? It's a beautiful dark burgundy cream and pink jelly with purple and blue holographic flakies.

Pros: There are none
Cons:
-nail polish chips like crazy. I painted my nails the night before I got sick, woke up sick, slept most of that day, then when I woke up on the second morning my manicure looked one week old. I hadn't DONE anything, I slept 16 hours that day. This nail polish chips in your sleep with 2 coats of seche vite. Really depressing
- the flakies are jagged and probably contribute to chipping
- awkward packaging design
-way too expensive for quality

Revlon is godly for their lip products, but this product has petrified me from ever buying on of their other nail products. Not sure why everyone is going gaga for this.