April 16, 2014 | 1220 users online

Cleansers - Shu Uemura - Ultime8 Sublime Beauty

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 5:21:00 AM More reviews by letty114

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This oil is simply perfect for my skin. Having combination skin, I was skeptical about using oil to cleanse, however after trying a sample bottle of the "green oil" and loving it, I decided to purchase the full size.
After reading reviews and which oil does what, I decided to buy the Ultime8 rather than the green one because it seemed more suited to my skin and age (49) and I was right. I pump some onto my hands, work it into my face and neck then rinse it all off with lots of cold water. Gently towel dry and my skin feels just right. Not tight, no residue and velvety. If i'm using it in the morning, I just add a layer of high SPF day cream and at night, I use just a serum over it.
Would highly recommend and have already repurchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by PenelopeP

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love all of the oil cleansers that Shu makes, but this one is the best because of my secret. This is the first review I ever wrote and I am telling everyone because it is true. I have normal to dry skin and I don't use too much make up. I use the product as instructed every night. I never follow with toner or even feel that I need any moisturizer. I use it directly on my eyes and then just wipe off with cool wet cloth. I go to bed. This has been my routine.

I have done this for several years. The reason is my secret. This oil grows eyelashes and eyebrows. No kidding!

After my discovery, I started using a little brush to apply more oil to the tips of my lashes every night. This is my little beauty secret.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE
Took a lippie off. If I don't remove this with any OTHER type of cleanser, it leaves a residue which blocks my pores. I'm a fan of double cleansing anyway, so this isn't a big issue for me, but it certainly might be for other people!
One more thing: the expiration time after opening is 6 months on the bottle. I have had many products with short expiration dates, but this truly began going bad after 6 months. My bathroom isn't very big, so the steam from the shower sometimes gets into the cabinet I store some of my skin care in. Most things tolerate it fine though, but the Shu Uemura cleanser began smelling a little bit weird... I don't know if it's only the cleaner I have or not, but, just in case, if you aren't planning on actually using it, don't open it.

For those who would like to try out this type of product but either don't have the money or a store nearby that has this, try the Sublime Glow Cleansing oil from L'Oreal. I think it's slightly different from the Shu Uemura one, but it's neither inferior or superior to it, or: superior in terms of price and availability. I have found it to remove my makeup just as well as the Shu Uemura oil does, but the price is way lower.
END OF UPDATE
Quite an expensive product, but I decided to try it as I will travel in the summer and I need an all-in-one cleanser with me, so I can for that time replace my oil cleanser (for waterproof makeup), regular cleanser (for non-waterproof makeup and removal of the oil cleanser) and gentle cleanser (for removing the non-waterproof makeup cleanser). As you might understand, I'm a little OCD when it comes to taking my makeup off, but I think my skin wouldn't be as good as it is if not for my cleansing routine, as I wear makeup about 15/24 hours, every day of the year.
This cleanser is really good - it takes even my most waterproof makeup off easily, which is Estee Lauder's Double Wear Foundation and Fasio Full Dynamic Volume Mascara. I just need to put a little of the oil on my face and completely emulsify my makeup with it. Then I add water and this turns into a white milky lotion that I can just wash right off. Very easy - only this product needed. If I want, I can add a little more of the oil again to get a double cleanse. The only con is that you first have to pat dry your face before cleansing the second time, but that is no problem to me.
This cleanser is gentle to my slightly dry, sensitive skin - my face feels very comfortable after using this. The reason might be that this actually leaves some kind of residue on the skin. I have yet to find out if this is a good or bad thing (if it clogs pores etc). I will update in a couple of months, when I know for sure. If you don't like cleansers to leave any kind of residue, either stay away from this or cleanse with another cleanser after (but that kinda defeats the purpose of having such an expensive cleanser as this, doesn't it?).
If I had enough money to not feel bad about spending them on such an expensive, product, this would be the only makeup remover I would own (and maybe a second cleanser to take the residue off). For a person that doesn't have a lot of money, this isn't a necessary product, but a handy one if you, like me, use waterproof cleanser and travel a lot. The product is BTW quite economical.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Moliverd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Decided I needed to be a little more 'grown-up' regarding my skincare routine and settled on this after reading many, many reviews. I have always had sensitive skin that's prone to little break-outs but is mostly very dry so thought an oil cleanser would be good.
Product smells lovely, completely removes all make-up and doesn't leave my skin with the tight feeling most cleansers do. Used it once a day for around 4 months (2/3 pumps at a time) and still hasn't run out.
Unfortunately my skin is now covered in blocked pores! All over my face I have little faintly red spots that have stuck for a couple months now and only come to a head after some serious scrubbing which leaves my skin very tight and dry too.
I think it probably depends on your skin but have found recently that oil cleansers can do this to some people... on the other hand they clear pores for others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic product. I bought it after I fell in love and used up large bottle of the pink cleansing oil by shu, but this one I like even better. Goes on very smooth, removing every trace of makeup without rubbing, no need to use cloth on top, just washes off with all the makeup and impurities. My skin feels great and pores feel clearer afte using this. Perfection! Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by chantal_wee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! As I have a very dehydrated and sensitive skin, thus I could only use a few types of cleansers before my face breaks out. However, with this product, my face felt more hydrated and the does not break out at all!

The summary of this Ultime8:
1. Removes all my makeup easily (even the heavy mascaras in just a few seconds!)
2. My skin does not break out
3. Skin hydration is better
4. My pores seems smaller these days

Prefer this to other cleansing oil as it feels so much smoother and nice rather than the other shu cleansing oil which makes my face feels tight.

Also, this product goes a long way! Just a little is enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by windshadow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It removes my waterproof makeup without any hitch. My make up literally just melts away! I tried various removers and nothing comes close. 1.5 pumps is all that is needed for me!

This formula (and the pink one) are the only ones that work for me. I love this more as my skin is left feeling slightly moisturized.

The oil is somewhat thicker than the others but not heavy. It has a light delicate floral scent and does not sting when removing my eye make up. And yes. No need for excessively rubbing to remove eyeliner!

Some say this is an expensive product. And it is. But its value for money! If you think about the small amount you use vs a cheaper one where you use more, in the long run you save more from using this. Especially when you calculate the amount you pay each time you cleanse your face!

Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by dimdull

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This oil removes my makeup thoroughly, including my eyeliner & mascara - without irritating my eyes. My eyes are very sensitive, so this makeup removal is excellent for both face and eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by azur77

I don't like this new cleansing oil as much as others from Shu Uermura - it's runnier and I've used quite a lot of the bottle in only two months, whereas the premium oil lasted for ages. It's not horrible, I'll finish it, but go back to the premium oil next time.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ingredients:

zeea mays: corn
ethylhexyl palmitate; solvent
isopropyl myristate; good absorption through the skin is desired
capylic/capric triglyceride: specific fraction of coconut oil fatty acids
butyrospermum parkii butter: Shea Butter
carthamus tinctorius oil: Safflower
camellia oleifera seed oil: Cmelia Oil
dicarprylyl ether: emollient
dicaprylyl carbonate: emolient
linalool: component of many essential oils
tocopherol: fat-soluble vitamin