April 19, 2014 | 1687 users online

Treatments - Philosophy - Clear Days Ahead Oil-Free Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment & Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by mrsCuevash

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My sensitive/combination skin LOVES this stuff!!! Had bad irritation on my face after using Olay's serum and 7-in-one moisturizer; this felt good on my skin right after application and next morning my face was no longer red and it cleared up the tiny pimples I had!!! I cannot use Benzoyl (too harsh for me) but this absolutely did not irritate me! No dryness at all! It's kinda pricey, kinda, but you do get 2 oz which is about $20 per oz (not too bad) and it works!!!!! It works great under makeup too! Oh and beautypedia gives this high ratings.....I can understand why!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Lorel1

This is a nice lotion textured acne treatment that did exfoliate my skin, but did not leave me with clear skin! Something in this treatment is causing abnormal breakouts. Just too bad, because I heard nothing but great about it. Everybody's skin is different!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by jenniferjones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this moisturizer. I use it every morning after cleansing and before sunscreen. It has really helped keep my skin clear and that's saying a lot. I also end up using it most afternoons after work or after a workout and it's not drying for me at all (my skin is very oily and acne prone). It also mattifies slightly and has a velvety texture once you apply it. The opening to dispense the product is wayyy too big so be careful this stuff will fall out and you really don't need a lot to cover your entire face and neck. I have repurchased at least 3 times and will continue to buy, again just a really great product it works well for me I love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by frankiiekeji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Philosophy and I just dont go well together. I realize that now. I have oily skin and the only thing this product did was clog my pores long enough for me to think it was helping with my oil. Beyond that , this product did nothing for me. After a couple days of use, I noticed 8(!!) huge welts where no welts had been before and my pores especially around my nose were incredibly clogged.

This product has some pretty atrocious packaging as well. it comes in a tube and has a hole that is too large, allowing this (ineffective) expensive moisturizer to leak out. Literally money down the drain. I will be returning this product and my ability to buy into the philosophy hype back to the store today.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by nuggetdevourer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent product. I don't usually get acne but this product being a BHA exfoliant means people who don't suffer from chronic acne still benefit and I have incredibly smooth skin as a result. It has helped to reduce and prevent blackheads, which I am prone to getting, and salicylic acid is apparently a good anti aging ingredient too.
Last night I'd developed a pimple close to my eye area as a result of what I can only guess is my very pore clogging makeup. I applied this on the area (along with the rest of my face) before going to bed and this morning, the pimple was much smaller and less inflamed looking and I expect it will be completely gone by tomorrow.
Even though it says it's a moisturizer, you might want to follow this up with serums and another moisturizer as this isn't as hydrating as a typical moisturizer, and it's a BHA exfoliant first and foremost so unless you have oily skin that doesn't need a lot of hydration, you will probably *want* to use another moisturizer afterwards.
I've only been using this for 2 weeks and originally purchased it because I have constantly red cheeks that I suspect are the beginning of rosacea, and BHAs are touted as a product that can help with reducing redness. I'll update this review in the future to report if I see any noticeable improvements in the redness of my cheeks or not.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by kpennock

I think in the little clearer days ahead kit this was my favorite thing. It moisturizes, has a pleasant smell, helps keep my oil controlled and heal/prevent some blemishes. I still get some acne here and there but hormones...what can you do lol.

It feels very smooth on and I really really like it. I might buy the full size once my smaller one is done but that little tube goes a LONG way.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Jennazie

Best product I have ever used for my acne. I am 32 years old and have been struggling with acne since my teens. I have never written a review for anything and have tried every acne product out there, but I have never come across a product this good. The packaging isn't the best, the product tends to spill out because the hole is way too wide for the product to come out. It is pricey, but it's totally worth it. I didn't think it would clear my skin as well because it only has 1% salicylic acid, but I guess more isn't always better because this really does clear up my skin and it doesn't dry it out. I gave it a few weeks before writing a review, and I can say now that it's totally worth giving this product a chance. Highly recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by bebemona

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

IT'S AWESOME!
I love this product. I've only used it for about 2 weeks and it's cleared up my acne like crazy! It's suppose to be used as an exfoliant not moisturizer so I use it after my toner and before my serum or if you don't use a serum then before your moisturizer. It's worked really well, ALL my blackheads have cleared up and have been easy to extract as well as whiteheads.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by MsMoondreams

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a miracle in a bottle. I have struggled with acne/large pores and blackheads since 4th grade. I've never had cooperative skin. My skin has started to clear up, though, thanks to this and my best friend Mr. Benzoyl Peroxide. I use this at night before I go to bed, right after washing my face, and I literally wake up with clearer pores and a nice dewy glow to my skin. It amazes me every time. In the morning I use Benzoyl Peroxide (in the form of AcneFree Foam Day Treatment) and Olay Regenerist Serum under my Makeup Forever Matte Velvet and Neutrogena Oil Control Powder.
I don't ever take the time to write reviews about products. So if I'm writing one it is either because the product sucked beyond belief, or the product had to have really knocked my socks off. This stuff is amazing. I know its pretty ridiculously priced, but it lasts a long time, especially if you only use it once a day like me--it has lasted me approximately 3 and a half months and I still haven't used all of my first bottle.
All it takes is a little pea sized amount.
If you have clog-prone pores and acne I would totaly recommend using this. My skin has never looked better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this because Paula Begoun rated this a favorite being that it the pH of the product is low enough for the salicylic acid to work. It has made a great difference in my skin. I had just suffered a pretty bad breakout due to what I think was Nars Sheer Glow and this product shrank the newer pimples significantly in only a couple of nights of use. I've been using it for a week now and the marks left over from older breakouts are starting to fade. Not only that, but my skin tone is looking more even and the texture feels more smooth. Although its advertised as a moisturizer, this stuff is quite potent and I got a little bit of peeling at first, It does leave the skin soft though.. The directions say to work up to using it morning and night, but I only use it at night and use my regular moisturizer in the day.

The texture of it this is a light gel-lotion with no added color or fragrance. It has 1% salicylic acid. It does have a kind of odd smell but its tolerable and dissipates fast. The only thing I really don't like about it is the packaging. Its a squeeze tube with a large opening that dispenses too much product if you are not very careful. This is also pretty expensive ($39 for two ounces) and although I said I would buy again, I might try one of Paula's SA products instead next time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No