October 20, 2014 | 2074 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Masque Force Architecte

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Hannahsam2804

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product is amazing. Had few kerastase treatments done which revived my hair from past damage (in another Kerastase review) Dyed my hair again after all my hair drama with heavy highlights. After the process my hair was breaking and dropping. I hated it when it was done so I decided to let my mom put a dark chocolate rinse over. I then purchased this line from kerastase the same day ,force architecte, which consisted of the bain, masque and milk. At first use it was amazing. When I put the masque it dissolved into my hair and made it soft and smooth, left it on for maybe 30mins-1hr. When I washed it off, it detangled my hair easily. Kept using it and after one month my hair was flowing, not dry and stiff as before, it didn't drop as much and breakage wasn't an issue. Didn't look dead nor lifeless. Was actually something you could look back on and say waw, glad I made that purchase, it really worked, it saved the rest of my hair!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by eyiann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

After all the bad reviews, I was sceptical about buying this mask. My hair is thin and I wanted somethning to protect it from the heat and the damage. I'm glad I bought it! I'm using it for 6 months now. So it does protect my hair, it looks healthy, thick and shinny. Funny thing is that my friends want to touch it, I get crazy etc etc. It also preserves my hairstyle perfectly, so I don't have to wash it over and over again. The edges look really healthy and I go to my hairdresser less often. Maybe a pricey product like this is good enough to do the job perfectly, so you save some money in the end. Kerastase never dissapointed me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Marthalish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mask works best on severely damaged hair. My hair is long, thick, and quite over processed since I have changed colours often over the last few years. I use this mask every time I wash my hair and find it works great to restore my texture to look and feel healthy. Leave it in for at least 5min and you will have instant results.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by siapamp

it's working great on my fine hair. it gives movement and natural shine. it's based on aminoacids so don't expect an instant result and also use a smal amount(although it might seem not to be enough) and rinse properly to avoid waxy greasy feeling that was mentioned by another reviewer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Carley210

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you do not use it frequently, this product works well. My hair is naturally blonde, but I still have it colored a shade lighter and then highlighted. I use this product once a month...no more. I get great shine and bounce.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Daficaricuchi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First, I am convinced that no product is going to "repair" your hair. If it is damaged, the only thing left is to get a haircut. But I do believe that chemicals can improve the situation of your hair, parts that are not too damaged or dead yet.
So, I have been using this masque, twice a week for exactly one month. I changed my whole hair routine and stuff, but so far I have no split ends and my hair is very soft, shiny and looks healthy. It is important to mention, that I do not iron, blow-dry, or dye my hair anymore.
It smells very nice, sort of apple scent. Anyway, it is true that you have to use more product than the bottle claims to be needed (And I have short hair, maybe an inch under my shoulders) and it absorbs real quickly, which sometimes, makes you use more product. I leave it in for 4 o 5 minutes.
I always use a comb to distribute the product all over my hair, and never apply it over the level of my ears (Tyra Banks' rule). I haven't had any issues with the masque, tough it is expensive, it is so far the best treatment I have tried.
It is very important that you rinse the masque (and not only the masque, but every conditioner) with cold water, or lukewarm water. If it is warm, it will not rinse as it is supposed to be, so it shall leave residuals and that can weight down your hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by rossellina6

It's horrible!
At least on my fine, treated, coarsed hair.
Weight them down hair, looking dull, without any added shine, without any force, vitality... OMG really disappointing for the price they sell it!!
Wouldn't reccomend. Will not buy it again. Forget it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Dian90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not find this masque as horrible as most reviewers below me. Actually, I liked it. Over the past 3 weeks I have changed my hair color from near black to midtone golden blond. It took two bleachings and 3 dyejobs (bleach + color, after a week another bleach + color, week and a half later another color to get the color perfect) to get it right. In my opinion that was not so bad, normally it could take a lot more bleachings. But needless to say both my own hair (which was dyed darker) and my extensions (which were naturally dark) did not love me very much.

I bribed my hair into loving me again with this mask (along with other products), which worked. My hair feels stronger after every time I use it and I do not feel the need to use a mask every time I wash my hair, which is once every 2/3 days. I do not think this mask is fully responsible for the good state of my hair, but it has played its role. However, I will probably not purchase it again. The reason for this is that I have to leave it on for at least 45 minutes to get the best results, and that I have to use way too much. I mean A LOT. I have a lot of hair on my own and my extensions are buttlength, so yes, that is a lot of hair. But still. Four uses out of one tub? Hell no. If I want fast results, I will stick to the Joico Hydrator. If I'm in a mood where I don't mind the hassle, Redken CAT + 30 mins Macadamia mask provide the best results. I will finish this tub gladly, and if I can find it in a sale I will purchase it again, but otherwise I will continue with my stash.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by paularone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a hairstylist who has worked with Kerastase for 3 years. The reason this product gets bad reviews is because it is actually possible to over proteinize your hair!

Most people think their hair is damaged, when in fact it is dry (which is why masquintense gets such great reviews). I never use this product with the whole force architecte line. And I never use it frequently. And I never leave it on long. The sign of over proteinized is a brittle feel! Basically this masque works too well! So I use this masque once every one or two weeks, in conjunction with the kerastase moisturizing or color treated line, and it works great! (btw, I have highlighted blonde hair from a natural very dark brown, so I know about damage)

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by monib9

Dont waste your money on this conditioner its awful!!! I bought it full price for 26 and i felt like crying when i used it. When you first put it on you expect it to feel like a conditioner a little bit moisturising, it doesnt" After leaving it on for about 15 mins i rinsed it out and my hair was tangled and felt coated in a horrible waxy substance. I then blow dried and it was soooo knotty and dry! I gave it a chance and used it for about a month and needed a trim it was that bad. Try masque intense instead that one works wonders.