September 20, 2014 | 981 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Nivea - Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Make-up Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Chanelia

I use Nivea Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Make-up Remover for years now and I will continue. It doesnt irritate. It is fast, I dont have to use so many cotton pads. It is cheap. I would buy more expensive if it is neccessary but it isnt. In fact I am surprised of so many bad reviews. I dont use waterproof mascaras, maybe this is the reason why this remover works for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by doormouse90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this eye makeup remover because of the low cost and the Nivea brand, both of which I thought were good. Truth is, this eye makeup remover just isn't as good as others I've used. The main reason I dislike it is that it leaves a sticky residue on your skin once used which doesn't feel great, especially around the eye area for which it is designed. Other than that, it has a nice fragrance and is inexpensive, so if you wash your face with water anyway, as I do, after using this, it isn't that bad. I will use up the rest of the bottle, but wouldn't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by FiresOfLife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This was given to me as a gift. I don't usually use things like this but I ran out of make up remover and was having a root around and found it and used it. I've used it for about 2 weeks now and I gotta say, I hate it.
Someone said "it doesn't sting". I don't usually write reviews but I had to register, create and account and tell people about this. My eyes are currently BURNING like they have been doing for a couple of weeks (don't worry, I'm not going to use it again.) It does an awful job of removing make up - I just CANNOT get rid of the black smudges on my lower lid now! I look like I've been whacked in both eyes!
It leaves a very sticky oily residue and it makes my hands feel horrible and I burned myself earlier, which is now AGONY after the make up remover got onto it. Ouchie ouchie ouchie :(
Extra gentle my backside. It says "suitable for contact wearers" - maybe I'm the only one with burning eyes but if you wear contacts I cannot IMAGINE what it'd do. It has Benzyl Alcohol in it ffs! It has perfume in it, it's full of irritants, and to the first reviewer - they must have changed the formula dramatically since you bought it as it now has castor oil in it, and my hands and face feel greasy as heck.
Just...no. No. I'm going to take it out into the garden and shoot it. It's kinder.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Adsiome

Ok but ever so slightly sticky

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by jeannex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this has nice packaging and a pleasant smell, but that's about all it has going for it. after about 5 minutes and 5 cotton pads about 50% of my (non-waterproof) mascara still remains on my lashes with this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by TinaBarbarina

Being an "extra gentle" remover, I wasn't expecting much from this. So there wasn't any surprise that it didn't touch my waterproof mascara. However, all it did for my liquid eyeliner and eyeshadow was to smudge it. Very disappointed in this product - it was about as efficacious as water alone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product. I just bough it and it does not sting my eyes again and it does not leave the greasy film because it does not have oil in it. It smells nice but if you are allergic to fragrance you should probably know this. However if I pile many coats of mascara on, I really need to rub it off. So This is not so good for those who like to pile it on. For waterproof and heavy eye makeup I honestly recommend to get one of those oily removers. I love nivea because of its fragrance so this is a huge favourite of mine.