September 30, 2014 | 1497 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Clear Face Sunblock Lotion SPF 55

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by alypagz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried many sunblock on my Face this is the only one that I have found that does not cause me to breakout. It is thin and non greasy. Leaves no shine or chalky look. works well with makeup. Seems like I am getting good protection, too. I will continue to buy. It does tingle a little when you first put it on, but I have not had any irritation to date. At least, It does not cause zits on me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this!! I use this as my moisturizer before my makeup! People who say it burns probably needs to moisturize their skin more! Anyways, this I love! It leaves a fresh appearance on my face- not oily and no white cast!! This is perfect for the summer. Will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is good sunscreen.. but NOT for face. I use it on my body only, great for shoulders, hands and chest.
I dislike it on my face because:
- It feels sticky
- It has a burning feeling (sometimes)
- It makes my face sweaty, greasy.. and I do not have an oily skin type
- Leaves white film (when it's very hot, and I sweat)
- Can cause breakouts

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by fredrica32

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this all summer and like it very much. Has effective active ingredients, doesn't make me shiny or break out and doesn't smell bad or leave a white cast. That's all I ask from a sunblock. A little thick though.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by estubbs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was specifically recommended by my dermatologist. Unfortunately, it causes burning, stinging and irritation. After that subsides, the product is fine, but I don't want to use it due to the irritation and sunscreen is a must for me every day, rain or shine, due to melasma.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Russel

I've been very impressed with this. I have sensitive, clog-prone, and combination skin, which makes finding a good sunscreen a constant problem. Many turn my face into a stinging, bright red, clogged, oily mess. The ones that don't tend to have a lower SPF levels. I find this to be a great compromise. I have no abnormal break outs after 2 weeks of use. There is mild stinging when I first apply, but it lasts very just a minute or two. The finish is very nice, and I've had no issues applying foundation or powder over it. Plus, it was around $10. I have half-empy bottles of sunscreen that cost many times that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by bjborsody

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Without exception no sunscreen has ever gone so far to break me out as this has. It goes on well enough, seems to absorb to some extent, but makes me one greasy mess by the end of the afternoon. Yes, I have very oily skin, but Mother Nature is much easier on my pores than this is. Less than one week using it and I am having to take extreme measures to get my skin back in shape. My only hope is to use it on my body and pray that it doesn't cause havoc there.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This has been my staple sunscreen for the face this summer. I've tried several sunscreens and have not found one that doesn't cause my oily skin to become even more so, break me out, or leave a very white cast to my naturally dark skin. This one works. I feel like I could easily wear this under makeup, although I haven't tried it. (I probably should be wearing it daily under my makeup, but I digress.) It dries quickly, but not so quickly that it's hard to blend in. It does smell like typical sunscreen, but the scent fades pretty fast. It didn't leave me feeling greasy and, most importantly, it didn't clog my pores and leave me with a huge break out after my week at the beach. I will continue to rely on this formula for my face!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Effective sunblock with high SPF. But far too harsh for my sensitive skin. My face reacted immediately and badly to this product. Too bad, because a clearing sunscreen would be great for me. But this is too harsh for my face. I will use as an all over sunscreen, but would not repurchase.