Aura Cacia Argan Oil

3.8

on 8/14/2015 11:27:00 PM

I wanted to wait a few weeks to give an honest review. I've been using this every morning and night after washing my face as a moisturizer. I was using Josie Maran's light argan oil before, but I ran out and was too lazy to drive a couple more miles to Ulta. I just picked this up at Earthfare instead.

So, it doesn't stink. The Josie Maran stuff smelled like fried chicken. It made me hungry. This has a kind of sweet, very vague perfume-y scent. Not good, but not awful. Doesn't matter, the smell doesn't last long so NBD. I'd rub cat turds on my face if it would give me beautiful skin.

After about a week I had a couple pimples pop up, but I decided to stick it out because my period was due soon and I'd already been through 3 bottles of the JM light argan oil with no big breakouts. I'm at probably 3 weeks of pretty consistent twice-daily use, and now I've gotten probably five new bumps on my jaw line, one under my nose, one on my chin, cheek, and two on my forehead. My skin was pretty well under control before I started using this brand of argan oil. I believe it to be the culprit causing my face to explode. Ok, it's not THAT bad, but I'm not messing with it anymore. I'm going back to the stupid expensive JM until I can find something better that doesn't break me out. You would think by 31 this wouldn't be an issue anymore. Ugh. Good luck, everybody else! Hope it works better for you than it did for me.

on 6/21/2014 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Great oil for the under eye area, not so much for my entire face. I have oily, acne prone skin which can be a bit temperamental at times. Hearing so much about Argan oil and how it's great for all skin types including oily skin, I decided to give it a try. Two weeks into using it, I experienced a couple of breakouts. Not sure if it was from the oil or my occasional hormonal breakouts, I stopped for a while and returned back to it a few months later. The same thing happened again. I quit using it for my face and started using it for my under eye area.

Now for my under eyes, I love it. I use a very small amount around my whole entire eye area nightly and by morning the skin around my eyes are so soft and hydrated. It soaks in within minutes of application. Be sure to use a small amount. I have no wrinkles, dark circles, or crows feet, but I do have a few fine lines and since using this oil there has been major improvements. I will continue to use it for preventive measures. The fact that it's natural and doesn't cause any irritation around my eyes is a definite plus for me. Great natural alternative to irritating eye creams.

::Updated 12/23/14:: I'm no longer using Argan oil. I was using it for a couple of months and while I did love it, I started experiencing little bumps under my eyes. I kind of figured it was from the oil because the same thing had happened when I had applied it to my face. My skin just doesn't agree with Argan oil. I'm now using Cold Pressed Grapeseed oil as an alternative and i'm very pleased with the results. The bumps are now completely gone and I'm still receiving the same benefits, even better, without the bad side effects.

on 2/9/2013 12:40:00 AM

After doing my research I finally hopped on over to the store to pick this up! After two days (~two days~!) I noticed a huge difference in how my skin is. I have combination skin; mostly dry. Honestly, it was so bad that when I would try to put makeup on it would just flake on me. However, since I've started using this, today (my second day), I put on foundation and it looked perfect! The smell is a little .. unpleasant, but other than that I can deal if it'll make my skin as awesome as it is now! I put this on twice a day :) .. simply amazing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Works really well on my sensitive skin! Didn't make me break out and wasn't too heavy! I wouldn't say it's a miracle or anything, but it's a good product.

on 7/10/2012 11:34:00 AM

I love this product, I have naturally dry curley hair and I hate to use a ton of product. I tried ONE N ONLY argan oil and I am hooked. My hair is not dry it is beuatiful. For the last 40 years I have hated my hair. I use the oil and the hydrting mask and I have soft silky manageable hair. Whether I dry naturally or blow it dry.

Popular Moisturizers