Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Perfectly Natural Cleansing Gel

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Decyl Glucoside (coconut-derived cleansing agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate (coconut-derived cleansing agent), Lauryl Glucoside, Coco-Glucoside (plant-derived cleansing agents), Glucose (sugar-based water-binding agent), Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate (plant-derived cleansing agents), Glyceryl Oleate (plant-derived emulsifier), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding/soothing agent), Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan (plant-derived thickeners), Sodium Phytate (synthetic chelating agent), Citric Acid (fruit-derived pH adjuster), Potassium Sorbate (plant-derived preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (synthetic skin-conditioning agent), Phenoxyethanol (synthetic preservative)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I used to use soy facial cleanser from sephora, and I thought I was in love with it. Although, it was pretty packed with fragrance which bothers my skin.

Anyway, I love this stuff... I have eye lash extensions and this is gentle enough to clean them in the shower, my eyes are sensitive and because theres no soap, or detergents it doesnt make my eyes red after, and it doesnt lather which I love. I am pretty sure its just glycerine mainly. This wont leave your face with that tight feeling, thats feels squeaky clean but isnt good for you skin.. I used to think face wash was supposed to that. Anyways, this doesnt feel tacky after, and its now a must have for me.. im on like my third one.. I have tried all her face washes and I def like this and the hydralight one the best..although they are kind the same?

My only problem is that I wear alot of makeup...foundation, powder, setting powder blush... and i need to use alot to get it off. That being said I bought jane iredeles " magic mitt" and i put a little bit of this one and use them together..Check that out with this if you have supppper sensative skin it is soo soft, and I dont go through a million faceclothes a day or make a mess of the sink. I just that mitt, and rinse it out and use it again its awesome. I will never stray from these two things for washing my face! My skin has never looked better.

if you wanna try heres 10$ off

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I ordered a few testers of this cleanser.
And I'm glad I just ordered testers. This cleanser smells awful, like recycled garbage bags.
It cleans my skin well but then the pleasantry started, it dried out my skin so it started to itch like crazy.
Had to calm it down with the hydralight toner of her line that's amazing at calming my skin down.
So no my skin hates this cleanser.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this as a gentle shower gel, in spite of the fact that it's not my favorite cleanser from Paula's Choice.

PROS:

The PC Earth Sourced products are Vegan.

Relatively gentle, compared to other cleansers from most brands.

Contains mostly organic or plant-derived ingredients to support the 99% natural claim.

There is no added dye or fragrance.

Although I don't usually gush over economical packaging, this recyclable plastic container has a neat shape and an interesting slope on the cap.

The brand doesn't test on animals.

CONS:

It does remove makeup, but not as well as Paula's Choice Resist Perfectly Balanced Cleanser.

Does not have a silky feel, which the Resist cleanser does.

Although it doesn't feel harsh on the skin, it may be drying out my face a little too much. I have combination, sensitive skin and I have to moisturize afterward.

SUMMARY:

I love Paula's Choice Resist Perfectly Balanced Cleanser and Clear Cleansers, and will definitely continue to buy those. I like this as a shower gel, and it's likely that I'll buy it again, but it's not the best cleanser for my face.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I had high hopes for this cleanser because it has such great ingredients and it has a very light scent that didn't set off migraines. Sadly, it really dries my skin out and makes it feel tight and uncomfortable after washing. It did a good job of removing foundation and leftover eye makeup remover. It was also pretty expensive considering it is only available online and one has to pay shipping on top of the price of the cleanser.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This cleanser may be truly 'earth sourced' but I wouldn't call it 99% natural. I wonder if 'Paulas choice' is going to have the 'earth sourced' line certified? Depending on how much rinsing you consider is 'rinsing off easily' my brother and I used this and it takes about 2 to 3 rinses to completely get this off. If you have a beard this may be harder to rinse off. This has no major irritants but rather two anti- irritants so it can be suitable for sensitive skin. Although this is fragrance free it has a basil leaf like smell.

UPDATE: I have to stop using this cleanser because my skin has started reacting to it. Sometimes it takes a while. This is the second PC cleanser that has caused a reaction on my skin... Maybe time to switch brands? ++++ Original review: Previously, I used the "one step" normal to dry skin cleanser and I was very happy with that - until they apparently changed some of the ingredients, and I started getting some red blotches on my face. So I was looking for a gentle cleanser and although I do not usually buy into the "natural" hype, decided to try this. I really liked it and have since purchased the full-size. My skin is combination, prone to clogged pores and dehydration, with mild rosacea on the cheeks.
Pros: great texture, rather fluid gel that when massaged into damp skin creates a small amount of soft lather. Some have said it is slimy, but it isn't. The lather rinces off clean and feels soothing, not drying, and does not make my skin red.
Cons: well, it is not cheap. The bottle easily spurts out more than you actually need to use - a little goes a long way with this product. Also, I do not think it would remove heavy make up. You would need to use a separate product, or maybe a wash cloth and cleanse twice. For my light foundation and sunscreen, it works fine. I do not use it around the eyes.
So in a nutshell, yes I would buy this product again. In winter when I wear heavier creamy make-up, I will simply by some coconut oil or separate make-up removing product. It's not so easy to find a gentle, unscented cleanser that works!

My favorite cleanser.
Removes all of my makeup -- including waterproof mascara, waterproof concealer.
Does not sting my eyes.
Perfect gel texture.
Buy it when it's on sale, because it's pricey -- to me. I bought 10 of them or so, when she had this on sale for $8.00 and change.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

My new favorite cleanser. I got a free sample of this with a recent PC order, thinking it would be great to have for travel. After my first try, I was a convert. Previously, I'd been using (and loving) Himalaya Herbals Turmeric and Neem cleanser, but since incorporating several of PC's exfoliants into my skincare routine, I'd been looking for a gentler cleanser. This cleanser has a similar consistency and low lather as the HH, but without the heavy scent. It also works well with my Clarisonic.

I picked up a bottle of this for 50% but even at full price, I'd bite the bullet and repurchase. Love it that much.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

i've only been using this for about 2 weeks, but this may be my new favorite cleanser. my skin is very sensitive, prone to clogged pores, hormonal breakouts and dehydration. so i need a very mild cleanser that won't irritate/cause breakouts/strip my skin. i tried cerave hydrating but i think the fatty alcohols may have clogged my pores (as they're notorious cloggers for acne-prones). so I first ordered a few samples of it from pc's website since I liked that the ingredients were pretty basic- mostly just mild cleansing agents.

it is super gentle but it's also effective. it's a clear liquid/gel texture that i think may sud a tiny bit but it rinses clean without leaving me feeling tight. that's not much to ask for but it's pretty hard to find in a cleanser! it leaves me feeling clean and very soft. it's super no-frills compared to her other products, but i like it that way. less ingredients means less chance for reactions. it's also been 50% off for a while now, so that didn't hurt either! i recommend it for someone looking for the gentlest most basic of cleansers. i'll update if there are any.changes.

UPDATE: i reduced the lippies to 3, since it ended up giving me closed comedones all around the eye/forehead area, but i don't think it's necessarily a *bad* cleanser so i didn't think it deserved less than that. the closed comedones were really stubborn though, it took a few weeks of discontinued use and aha exfoliation to remove them.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

A nice, smooth, foaming cleanser. Non-drying, non-irritating, cleans well.