October 30, 2014 | 1854 users online

Cleansers - Paula's Choice - Earth Sourced Perfectly Natural Cleansing Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by bzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this cleanser because it has such great ingredients and it has a very light scent that didn't set off migraines. Sadly, it really dries my skin out and makes it feel tight and uncomfortable after washing. It did a good job of removing foundation and leftover eye makeup remover. It was also pretty expensive considering it is only available online and one has to pay shipping on top of the price of the cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cleanser may be truly 'earth sourced' but I wouldn't call it 99% natural. I wonder if 'Paulas choice' is going to have the 'earth sourced' line certified? Depending on how much rinsing you consider is 'rinsing off easily' my brother and I used this and it takes about 2 to 3 rinses to completely get this off. If you have a beard this may be harder to rinse off. This has no major irritants but rather two anti- irritants so it can be suitable for sensitive skin. Although this is fragrance free it has a basil leaf like smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

Previously, I used the "one step" normal to dry skin cleanser and I was very happy with that until they apparently changed some of the ingredients, and I started getting some red blotches on my face. So I was looking for a gentle cleanser and although I do not usually buy into the "natural" hype, decided to try this. I really liked it and have since purchased the full-size. My skin is combination, prone to clogged pores and dehydration, with mild rosacea on the cheeks.
Pros: great texture, rather fluid gel that when massaged into damp skin creates a small amount of soft lather. Some have said it is slimy, but it isn't. The lather rinces off clean and feels soothing, not drying, and does not make my skin red.
Cons: well, it is not cheap. The bottle easily spurts out more than you actually need to use a little goes a long way with this product. Also, I do not think it would remove heavy make up. You would need to use a separate product, or maybe a wash cloth and cleanse twice. For my light foundation and sunscreen, it works fine. I do not use it around the eyes.
So in a nutshell, yes I would buy this product again. In winter when I wear heavier creamy make-up, I will simply by some coconut oil or separate make-up removing product. It's not so easy to find a gentle, unscented cleanser that works!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by ashleywilkes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite cleanser.
Removes all of my makeup -- including waterproof mascara, waterproof concealer.
Does not sting my eyes.
Perfect gel texture.
Buy it when it's on sale, because it's pricey -- to me. I bought 10 of them or so, when she had this on sale for $8.00 and change.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by swirlingblacklily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My new favorite cleanser. I got a free sample of this with a recent PC order, thinking it would be great to have for travel. After my first try, I was a convert. Previously, I'd been using (and loving) Himalaya Herbals Turmeric and Neem cleanser, but since incorporating several of PC's exfoliants into my skincare routine, I'd been looking for a gentler cleanser. This cleanser has a similar consistency and low lather as the HH, but without the heavy scent. It also works well with my Clarisonic.

I picked up a bottle of this for 50% but even at full price, I'd bite the bullet and repurchase. Love it that much.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by babybefree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i've only been using this for about 2 weeks, but this may be my new favorite cleanser. my skin is very sensitive, prone to clogged pores, hormonal breakouts and dehydration. so i need a very mild cleanser that won't irritate/cause breakouts/strip my skin. i tried cerave hydrating but i think the fatty alcohols may have clogged my pores (as they're notorious cloggers for acne-prones). so I first ordered a few samples of it from pc's website since I liked that the ingredients were pretty basic- mostly just mild cleansing agents.

it is super gentle but it's also effective. it's a clear liquid/gel texture that i think may sud a tiny bit but it rinses clean without leaving me feeling tight. that's not much to ask for but it's pretty hard to find in a cleanser! it leaves me feeling clean and very soft. it's super no-frills compared to her other products, but i like it that way. less ingredients means less chance for reactions. it's also been 50% off for a while now, so that didn't hurt either! i recommend it for someone looking for the gentlest most basic of cleansers. i'll update if there are any.changes.

UPDATE: i reduced the lippies to 3, since it ended up giving me closed comedones all around the eye/forehead area, but i don't think it's necessarily a *bad* cleanser so i didn't think it deserved less than that. the closed comedones were really stubborn though, it took a few weeks of discontinued use and aha exfoliation to remove them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A nice, smooth, foaming cleanser. Non-drying, non-irritating, cleans well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Angelistic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is an amazing product! I have tried many different gel cleansers, for my acne prone, senestive and combo skin. I like this product because it cleanser without stripping my skin.Its a gel texture with a herbal scent (a little similar to Cetaphil), which one overcomes eventually! I bought it on sale for $8.50, which isn't bad compared to Vichy, La roche Posay etc.

But this is not a makeup remover! If you use heavy foundation makeup, you neet a good makeup remover. I myself, am I person who uses very light makeup because my skin reactive to many makeup products on the market.

Hence, I can help my skin to stay "calm" by using products that doesn't irrate it, such as this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 7:58:00 AM More reviews by drFrankincense

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was in desperate search for a new cleanser after the clarisonic made my skin freak out (severe irritation on my cheeks). I tried so many cleansers, creamy cleansers, bars, exfoliant cleansers. I wanted something simple that wouldn't clog my pores and would clean gently yet effectively. I purchased on a whim seeing as I had nothing to lose but $8.50 for the bottle.

I am so impressed with this cleanser. It foams up nicely and feels so soft on the skin, your fingers just glide over the face. Like another reviewer said, it doesnt have anything irritating in it! I usually get some kind of stinging from gel cleansers (which is why I prefer to use a creamier cleanser, but often get clogged because of that). I thought the stinging meant its cleaning better, FALSE. I always removed my makeup first with coconut oil and a dry wash cloth. I would never use a face wash to remove my makeup, that's asking for trouble! Especially after using coconut oil to take off makeup, there's no looking back.

A simple gel cleanser that doesn't sting your face and leaves it clean and soft, ready for your next skin care steps.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Northstar5

I'm surprised there are not more reviews for this product. This is a truly terrific cleansing gel. It is not for dry skin, but works so well for other skin types, particularly combination/oily. It foams up nicely, has a nice fluffy lather, it's very light but still thorough, feels wonderful on the skin and rinses off totally clean.

No film, no residue, no breakouts, no dryness. Such a nice product, and one of the few 'natural' products that contains absolutely no irritants such as essential oils and other fragrant materials. Most natural products are a scam: they contain tons of irritants. It is simply not true that natural ingredients are always better and more gentle for your skin than chemical ones.

This cleanser is also affordable and has lovely packaging with an easy flip-top. Sometimes it's on sale (right now it's 50% off I think so it's like $8.50!). I just ordered a few bottles to stock up. It's smaller than her other cleanser bottles so it's easy to travel with.

For those of you thinking of ordering from PC, I'd suggest ordering about 5 samples of each product you want to try because 1 or 2 just isn't enough to see how your skin is really going to react. It's not expensive at all this way. I do that all the time with PC stuff.