October 22, 2014 | 1975 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Luminous Lights Expertwear Eyeshadow Palette-Lavender Lights

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Maryso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not the best, but I like it alright. the colors are pretty but don't show up nearly as well as I would like them too.
Comes with a white, a light gold, a copper, and a tannish color.
Very pretty shades, just not dark enough and don't last very long. I probably would buy this again until I find darker versions of the colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is actually for "Opal lights". I almost picked up the Lavender lights but those shades look very much like maybellines "Crown jewels" eyeshadow trio just lighter and more shimmery. Opal lights has a pale pink (base), pale yellowish shade (lid), a pale white touched with silver (crease) and a pale coppery (liner) shade. I love these eyeshadows. They are not heavily pigmented but just give a sheer wash of subltle shimmery color. I do red lips so want a more subtle eye and these are perfect. They brighten my eye area up. If you are looking for pigmented, full coverage shadows you will be disapointed with these although every shade could be used as a highlight on eyes as well as cheeks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really thought I'd like this based on the ad and reviews. I got this in Gold Lights and haven't experienced worse pigmentation in eye shadow, ever. I thought with my tan the colors would show up well, but I was wrong. This product is just way too wishy washy for me. I did like one color in the pan, the coppery color supposedly used for "liner", but I instead pack it on my lid. The "crease" color is a complete joke, IMO. It's a cheap gold-brown which does nothing in terms of defining as it barely shows up! I'm a bit surprised I hated this so much since I've really liked Maybelline's EyeStudio quads as well as their 24 hr tattoo cream shadows. I would say my main gripe is these don't even leave a pretty sparkle at all, at least on me. I assumed it would give some color with a "luminosity" but I get nothing. Very poor, IMO. I gave it to a friend who doesn't like color intense eye makeup and prefers simple washes of color. This is exactly what this is....washes of color with no buildability.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by playboy_mommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is for the Opal Lights palette: all the shades are pale & shimmery with just a hint of color. (If you are looking for pigment or color payoff, this is not the palette for you).
Each shade wears more like a highlight than an actual shadow. The base color is pale pink, lid is pale yellow (reminds me of corrective shades like Benefit's Lemon Aid, or TFSI Lemon Drop), the crease is opal (looks gray in the pan, and has the least payoff when applied), and the liner shade is a light copper.

Because the pigment is so minimal, it is very easy to play around with these colors, layer & blend. Any shade could be used as your lid color, for example.
The liner color works much better as a crease color, especially if you need something subtle for hooded or deep-set eyes.

Since most pigmented shadows make my eyes look smaller or make them disappear altogether, this highlighting palette could be HG status for me.

Edit: Definitely not HG status.Wishful thinking- the color payoff is so poor it doesn't even succeed as a highlight. The copper shade may be the only wearable color. Also creates lots of shimmer fall out onto rest of face. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked up one of these palettes yesterday in the color "Gold Lights" Which is a gorgeous neutral palette. The base color is a shimmery, creamy white. (All the eyeshadows are shimmery but the shimmer is so finely milled that it creates a gorgeous texture and glow to all of the shadows.) The lid color is a light champagne gold, the crease color is a bronzey gold (similar to the Bad To The Bronze color tattoo) and the liner color is a Hot Coca color with golden flecks of shimmer. These colors are so flattering on every skin tone. I am quite tan now because its summer, and these shadows make my eyes pop. This palette is very pigmented. I think its luck of the draw, because I picked up another palette by maybelline too, (from modern metallics line) and found that to be not so pigmented. But this one is awesome! I don't think I will be buying high-end eyeshadows ever again...(or at least not anytime soon) because of how impressed I am with these drugstore shadows.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by beaniewienie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Maybelline has 4 Luminous Lights Eyeshadow Palettes-Lavender Lights, Rose Lights, Opal Lights & Gold Lights. All soft, shimmery looking shades. Each palette has a larger base color, 2 small pans of color marked for lid & crease & then another larger pan of color that is marked as liner. It was under $5 for the palette & I had a $1 off coupon, so I picked up the Lavender Lights. The base color is a creamy white, lid is a medium pink, crease is a mauve & the liner shade is a medium taupe color. Not really a lavender color in the palette, but 4 soft usuable shades. I didn't really expect a lot of pigment out of these & I was right. These colors would be gorgeous if they had more actual color to them. None of them are deep enough to use as a contour for the crease & with all of them having the same amount of shimmer that wouldn't really work well anyway. The liner color is too light & shimmery to define the lash line. They are pretty shades if you just want a very soft look & then you can add other tones from your regular palettes for contouring & lining. I may pick up the other palettes. They are worth $3-4. Just don't expect to do anything dramatic with them.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No