December 19, 2014 | 826 users online

Blush - NARS - Foreplay Cheek Palette

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 6:37:00 AM More reviews by boyd75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've a love hate relationship with Orgasm blush. I do like it but sometimes I feel it's a bit too shimmery. Having said that I ended up getting this palette and it works well for me. It's nice having the smaller Orgasm blush and the other two colours separately and they all seem to work for my skin tone. The one thing I don't seem to care for is the highlighter which doesn't look too bad in the Orgasm blush itself but doesn't really work for me on it's own as a highlighter . I much prefer copacabana myself as it's much more flattering for my slightly cooler skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:42:00 AM More reviews by lucegodfrey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this is the first NARS product i've ever had, and when I received it from a very good friend as birthday present i was VERY excited! There is a very good selection of colours, including a highlight in this palette. I am quite pale with pinky undertones, and i feel that some of the colours such as the almost neon pink and the golden highlight colour would be easier to wear on tanned skin, however i have still find ways to wear them and they are beautiful! All the colours are top quality and very highly pigmented. My favourite of the four has got to be Orgasm, which luckily is the biggest in the palette and is a permanent colour at NARS so i will definitely be repurchasing that as i have worn it everyday since owning it! Although normally i am drawn to matte products, which the other two in the palette are, i love this blush because it isn't your typical girly fresh pink blush, and i think the colour compliments my green eyes well, the golden shimmer also makes a nice highlight. There other two blushes, are sadly very small making them slightly difficult to use on a big blush brush, however when i have managed it they are lovely!! I would recommend splurging on this palette as it offers an array of different cheek colours to experiment with, and i love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by doctorsara

We dont have Nars in Italy, so when I was in Paris I was determined to try the brand. Of course I've heard so much about their blushes, so picking up this palette was a no brainer. I was actually intrigued mostly by the two non-orgasm blushes...a cold based pink and a matte coral. quality is superb, I use the matte coral blush everyday. The golden highlighter is a bit of a waste, since I already have my fav highlighter (mary lou manizer), so I would have preferred another blush instead. Overall it's a good value and I would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by AS437

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this selection of powder blushes! I purchased mine from Sephora. I had originally gone there to buy a blush from another brand, however, the sales lady recommended this because the color I was looking for was essentially the same as one included in this palette.

I find that the darker rose and bright pink colors are very pigmented and are lovely upon application. Although many people seem to be a fan of NARS orgasm, I find that it doesn't show up as well as I'd like it to on my skin (medium-brown skintone). I haven't really used the highlighter, although it seems to be a nice color and also applies nicely to the skin.

My only complaint is that the pans of blush are very small and are consequently difficult to get at with the larger brush that I use for application. Also, I find that tiny flakes of color seem to find their way into the highlighter as well. I feel that this palette would be better if NARS provided a larger amount of each blush and spaced them out a bit more in the palette. However, apart from this, I am very happy with my purchase and would definitly buy this again. I feel that it's a good value and provides the opportunity to try three different blushes, all of which are beautiful colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by audmac

This is a cute little palette, and I do mean little. I shouldnt have bought it, didnt need it, but was intrigued by the idea of the colors that make up orgasm broken down into three colors to play with. Regarding the colors- I already have orgasm blush, the bright pink looks just like a couple other colors I already have, the gold is useless to me since i look better in a white toned highlighter than a gold toned one, and the red--- aah the red--- the real reason I got this palette....well it looked really pretty on me -a nice out in the cold flush- just what you want in the middle of summer-lol. but seriously it looked good and i have been searching a long time for the perfect red blush to suit me- most of the ones ive tried are way too bright and/or too hard to blend. but this one was easy to blend and the color was just what i was looking for. almost considered keeping this palette solely for the red color but then as luck would have it the day after i bought it i received a package in the mail from a lovely swapper with another blush that was identical to it so i am keeping that blush and returning this palette. it was fun to play with and i know alot of people will love it but i am not one of them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

Fair skinned, nc/nw 07-10.

This is my first encounter with Nars Orgasm. I can see Clearly why it is a cult classic. I am in love with this peachy color. The shimmer is wonderful in my opinion, if you are wanting a shimmer without huge flakes of glitter. It is looks dewy to me, even though it is a powder. Application, smooth, almost creamy. Dream like to blend. Works amazingly well on my skin type.

Packaging, is in my style. Thank you, for not including some useless compact brush of any kind.

Price... Honestly, I think this palette should be at LEAST twice the size for the price. $49 at Sephora for only 10 grams of product...ehh... not sure it is worth that much. Don't get me wrong the other three colors besides orgasm are just as wonderful. REALLY just as wonderful. I like the gold as a highlighter, and the orange and pink for the apples or for a more dramatic application of the blush as a whole. But the price is so steep, I might just get orgasm alone next time and look for singles (if they exists) or dupes of the other colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This palette definitely is a dream and a good starter palette for those new to NARS. They blend like a dream and are wonderful! I decided to do a video review posted below with swatches as well... continued >>

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No