April 18, 2014 | 1593 users online

Fragrances - Ellen Tracy Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

every positive comment here nailed it. purchased it at marshalls for 12.95 including the perfume, rollerball for my purse and lotion. i am SOOO in love with this scent. love love love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by rnornan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bronze is quite a nice surprise. I love that it has no incense notes like EL Bronze Goddess which dries to a ashy smell and not a clean one like Bronze. I have the roller ball version and I'd love to try a spray. I appreciate that it dries down to almond vanilla cookie. It reminds me of Dana O'Shee by BPAL so much so that I did a double take on what I actually put on this morning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bronze blew me away. I never expected this perfume to be as wonderful as it is. I purchased a set of four rollerballs which included Ellen, Ellen Tracy, Tracy and Bronze. I figured a great way to test four of Ellen Tracy's Eau de Parfum's at a great price. Out of the four, I absolutely love Bronze, adore Ellen Tracy and Ellen and find Tracy a very interesting perfume. These are perfumes that I am surprised are relegated to the discount stores. They should not be.
My first impression of Bronze was Lemon Meringue Pie. Don't ask me why, but that was the image that came to mind. From the top note down, every whiff is absolutely delicious. Creamy vanilla mixed with woods-a lovely scent that can be worn year-round. Wait for the drydown and the nuttiness comes through.
So nice to have another note announce its presence during the different stages of a perfume. This is what a perfume is about-discerning the variables that a perfumer puts into their mix, and Bronze has its diverse notes, too, and really, they all smell wonderful.
Sometimes when we wear a perfume we feel we must get through the top or middle stage because it's unpleasant, not so with Bronze. Each layer is one to enjoy. You stop to take time and discern the notes. Into the middle the sweetness barely lingers as the sandalwood woodiness embodies the heart of the fragrance.
Now Bronze is becoming one with the wearer, a skin fragrance, a scent that mixes with your body chemistry, a little salt tossed over your shoulder for good measure. It becomes heady at this point, you're lying on the sands alone in a cove, the air is moist and damp, the tall grasses are blowing around you. It is seasonless, it is just you, the clean hills of sand around you, the whispering tall grass marshes blowing. The sun is warm.
Bronze seems to address many needs as a fragrance for its wearers. It's a soft perfume, it's a gourmand, it's a light oriental. Pick how it suits you, as it wears on you for hours. This can be a meditative fragrance or one for yoga. Bronze can fulfill a Sunday afternoon reading The New York Times in bed or one when you spend the day with your friends at home as a Girls Night In. It's possibilities are endless.
Top Notes: Bergamot, Amalfi Lemon, Mandarin Orange, Granny Smith Apple.
Middle Notes: African Orange Flower, Honeysuckle, Lily-Of-The-Valley, Violet, Violet Leaf.
Base Notes: Musk, Virginia Cedar, Amber, Heliotrope, Orchid, Coumarin, Oakmoss, Moss.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by khvalles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this fragrance- it reminds me of my beloved Pucci Sabbia (which I can not find any more). Very soft, warm and powdery- a soothing scent to my nose. I found a few 3.3 oz. bottles at Marshalls yesterday for under $20- a steal in my book!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by alex193

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fragrance is so subjective. I don't get Bronze Goddess notes in this at all. I really am not a fan of this stuff, it smells so much like a cosmetic product (makeup, lipstick or something) - The drydown is a but more likeable but reminds me vaguely of VS Heavenly. In theory, I should love this based on the notes, but I just don't think the scent matches the notes or the vibe it's going for. You could put this in a celeb scent bottle and it would seem more appropriate.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Glossaholic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous, clean and beachy scent. Like a softer version of EL Bronze Goddess or Azuree Soleil. I could wear this all summer long and be quite content.

From Fragrantica:

Ellen Tracy Bronze is a luxurious and feminine fragrance, launched in 2011. It is signed by perfumer Pierre Negrin. Top notes of bergamot and sparkling lemonade are fused with green apple and mandarin, introducing mystery and exoticism to the composition. Lily of the valley, honeysuckle, orange blossom, violet and violet leaf form the elegant heart. The base notes are vanilla orchid, musk, heliotrope, cedar, and coumarind.