October 31, 2014 | 1035 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - LightStim LED Light Therapy- LightStim for Wrinkles

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My facialist raves about LED light therapy and what it can do for anti-aging. Of course, she touts this because her treatments are expensive. I do like micro current and ultrasound facials as I do see results from those. I decided that I would invest in LightStim and do the LED at home. First, this device is a DAILY TIME COMMITMENT. I purchased the device with a 90 day return, promised myself to make the daily commitment - after all, nothing to lose and perhaps something to gain. My major wrinkle concerns are lips and deep marionette lines. LightStim seems to be designed for "fine lines and wrinkles" so I am not expecting these marionette lines to disappear. None-the-less, I am hoping they will diminish a bit. I wash my face, apply my favorite serums and then use the device 5 minutes (more than the suggested 3 minutes) on each area. I have done this for one month while watching my favorite one hour tv show, thus it hasn't been difficult in terms of using it daily. So far, here is my take: The device feels nice, warm. I believe it does promote serums to "penetrate" deeper into the dermis. Mainly, I see a improvement in my eye area where I have very fine lines and dark circles. The marionette lines are a bit more diminished, but not significant. Perhaps the serum goes deeper and does a better job.... I will report more after the 90 day trial. If I continue to see improvement, I will keep the device. Overall, I feel this device might have some value but not so much that I would encourage anyone to purchase it unless A). They have fine lines they are concerned with B). are willing to commit to daily time use and C). have some extra money to burn. One big negative is that the device has NO TIMER, so you do have to watch the clock. The reason I use it 5 minutes or more per area is because I do one area, then switch when the commercial comes on. I think you must use it at least 3 minutes per area, and I also think it doesn't do damage if used longer i.e. 5min per area. The facialist has a larger/stronger LED light that does the entire face at once and her treatment time is 20minutes total.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

If I could buy a full-sized tanning style bed equipped with these LED lights, I would.
A friend of mine initially guffawed at my seemingly flamboyant purchase of this device. After seeing me next several weeks later and hearing my announcement that I was wearing no makeup, her jaw literally dropped.
I love every minute of this. You can do the research on the science behind the theory of why it works, and I can assure you it's solid. I have been using this for just a few weeks now and the fine lines around my mouth have disappeared. In addition, my skin's texture has exponentially improved, to the point I can wear no foundation and look flawless.
This device has boosted the collagen in my face to the point I have the skin I had in my pristine early 20's.
According to the instructions, "Cleanse and dry your skin, and put on the included goggles if you wish. Place the light so that it gently touches your skin and hold it in that location for three minutes. Then, move it to the next targeted location and hold it there for three more minutes. Continue this until you have addressed all desired areas."
I have taken the liberty of using this all over my face (utilizing the protective eyewear of course), and for longer than the 3 minutes recommended. I can't recommend using it against the label but I do. My whole face looks grand.
Best beauty tool investment I've made, right up there with the efficacy of Botox. This works!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by dcarpend

Bought this when it was the QVC "Today's Special Value." $165 isn't cheap, but it's peanuts compared to botox and fillers, much less surgery.

QVC gave a 90 day return on the LightStim, so I decided to do an experiment: use it on only one side of my face for 80 days to see if I thought it was worth keeping. Two weeks in, there is a noticable difference between the sides -- the treated side is firmer, everything a little more taut and higher. Most exciting, the bag under the eye on the treated side is about gone.

It's tempting to start doing my whole face, but I'm going to continue for the 80 days. Then I'll post a photo of my lopsided face, and immediately set about evening it out. Still, I'm convinced already it was worth the money and will be worth the time.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

This product is HOT on all the forums, and now they are selling this on TV as an infomercial. I'm suprised there are no reviews for this on MUA.

I first saw this on QVC but didn't purchase, I just did it through the Lighstim website a few months ago where you get a peptide serum and a timer with it.

The Results: I'm happy to report my skin is CLEAR which is so weird because I didn't get the one for Acne, I just got the one for wrinkles, they are different lights all together, the acne is the blue light, and the wrinkles are the amber.

Anyways, no real results on wrinkles, I have been using it for 3 months and I can't say that there are any improvements. I really bought this for my eyes, as I have some fine lines underneath them and I just wanted to get rid of them. I did treat my whole face just for an added benefit. Which takes FOREVER. Its 3 minutes per area of the face, so if you do the forehead, the corners of your eyes, under eyes, nasal labial folds, and sides of cheek, you get 9 areas x 3 minutes 27 minutes. Sure thats not a lot of time and you could watch TV or whatever but adding this to my beauty routine at night left me kinda exhausted. It also doesn't have a timer, so I use my phone and just time 3 minutes per area, the timer they gave me as a gift is garbage so it doesn't work, would be nice if they had a built it timer like the Nuface where it beeps to tell you to move on to the next area.

This does also dry out my skin as well, I took a week long break and found that my dryness is gone on my cheeks, hmmm coincidence? Overall I will continute to use this for my clear skin ha ha, maybe someday it will work for major wrinkles when I get them. I have read hundreds of reviews online and a lot of people like this gadget.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No