December 17, 2014 | 1754 users online

Pressed Powders - Neutrogena - Shine Control Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by MeganDan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HOLY GRAIL!! I have oily/combo/acne prone skin, and this works like a charm. No colour, no white cast in pictures, just a beautiful matte look. The packaging is so sleek and slim, I love a plain black packaging, reminds me of NARS packaging. This keeps me matte and is an amazing blotting powder when needed. Super cheap for what this is, but sadly you can't find any of the Neutrogena makeup line in Canada. Over all, amaaaaazing product, I suggest giving it a try

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Dowty50

Let me start off by saying I have the most sensitive,acne prone, problem skin you could imagine!ive tried every setting powder on the market high end low end you name it ! And this is by far the best, my skin get extremely shiny in my tzone no matter what I put on it, mattifying primer, foundation everything always gets oily but this is a life saver. I have my makeup on from 7am-6pm and didn't even blot once! But this is great to throw in your bag just to touchup in certain areas , doesn't look cakey or change the color of your foundation AMAZING , is a little expensive for the drugstore but this is the besttttt and it doesn't break me out and EVERYTHING does get this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Eruiz125

I have VERY OILY acne prone skin. Not to mention I live in Florida where it's almost always hot and humid. Anyways, I wear this alone on my bare skin and in controls my oil so well. I don't need to blot till roughly 10 hours after applying. Usually I have to blot 3 hours after washing my face. LOVE this product it's a miracle worker. A bit expensive but I will forever repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried to like this stuff.. but couldn't. Its also too light for me. I wish there were some other way to use this but on my skin shade..it makes me look white. And thats not cool.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

I purchased this because I wasn't interested in plunking down for MAC Blot (I remember when that stuff was $18 and now it's $26! *sadface*). I hemmed and hawed about what drugstore powder to get before settling on this one, and I just hit pan on it last week. To use it, press it into my skin with my Elf big powder brush (LOVE that thing!) after applying tinted moisturizer and concealer. The bottom line is that I like this product, and it can definitely handle the oil build-up in my T-zone, but it can get cakey around my nose and mouth if I'm too heavy-handed with it. I also think that it makes dry patches appear more dry...so moisturize those adequately if you have them! I think this powder only comes in a translucent shade, which is fine with me, but darker skins might need something more. The packaging is nice (sturdy black matte plastic compact) and the mirror is good too. As with all powder compacts, I ditch the puff right away. I think I would purchase this again, but I recently caved in to MAC again. When I come to my senses, I'll go back to the drugstore for pressed powder: I'd like to try the Rimmel Stay Matte product also.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by aimeeb212

Absolutely adore this translucent powder for daily touch-ups. I have an extremely oily t-zone, but my skin is also prone to dryness becasue of topical acne treatments from the derm. This absorbs the oil, leaving NO trace of white residue and doesn't dry out my skin. It doesn't alter the color or take away from whatever foundation I'm wearing. I've used this product for over a year now. I won't leave home without it if I'm wearing makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by moonunits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm usually not a pressed powder person, after having had some disasterously cakey experiences. But As I've been slacking with my makeup this summer (i.e. not wearing foundation unless I feel like I have too), my skin has been looking pretty red, shiny, and all togther gross. I bought this on a whim at Duane Reade. I had been planning on buying a powder with some color to it, but decided on this one when I was too lazy to try and match my skin. I've used setting powders/'white' powders in the past and was somewhat wary of it, but decided to buy it anyway.

I am very pleased with the results thus far. I put this powder on in the morning after my sunscreen and I can immediately tell the difference. If I'm out for a long time or if it is particularly hot/humid I do sometimes need to reapply it after 5 or 6 hours, but it certainly isn't a constant battle between skin and powder.

Pros: Absorbs quickly, no smell, no white cast (I do make sure to double check for this though, as I have, once or twice, not blended it in properly and had white smudges around my nose), does its job, no breakouts, way less expensive than similar products I've tried

Cons: I hate the included application puff

All in all I am very fond of this product, and am happy I decided to buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Amethyst_5

I rarely leave reviews but thought I would add one to rave about a product that I've used consistently for over a year, which is nearly unheardof for me. This powder is extremely good at controlling oil without overdrying skin and doesn't leave a white cast on skin although it is primarily white in color. I am on my second compact because the first one broke into a million powdery pieces without me even dropping it, so we'll see how this second one lasts. So far so good. I do not tend to go through the powder very quickly so had it not broken, my first compact could have lasted well over 6 months. I didn't hesitate to re-purchase since the price of this product is pretty reasonable, especially if you can find it on sale at your local drugstore or use a coupon at Ulta to purchase. I use this product to blot throughout the day. I keep it in my purse and apply with a retractable brush so that it doesn't look cakey. My skin is pretty normal but can get oily during the day depending on weather and humidity. As mentioned, the powder is very translucent. I am a MAC NC40-42 & have no issues with this powder changing my foundation color or making me look ghostly white. Does what it says, doesn't break me out, and is relatively cheap. Will continue to use & re-purchase until something else catches my eye. HG blotting powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by cheesedippable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

To be honest, I find myself having difficulty reviewing something like powder because I always wear it in conjunction with liquid foundation and vice versa, ALWAYS, so I can never tell if it's the powder or the foundation that's doing the job. Let me start with the packaging. I love that it does come with a mirror so it's great for on the go touch-ups. I'm fair-medium in skin tone and the color of the powder actually fits me really well, even though, yes it's supposed to be 'invisible'. I like that it covers my pores and keeps me shine free for a good chunk of the day, I would say. I can be pretty heavy handed with my application of powder and I like that it doesn't look obvious when I tend to go overboard with my powdering. I also like that it feels lightweight on the skin. I have nothing bad to say about it, so yeah, I think I like this product and would considering buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Maryliz21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing product! Totally worth the price! I used this everyday in combination with the primer. It doesn't matter if I use it in combination with my MAC pro-long wear or my True Match foundation, this product has yet to let me down.