Physicians Formula Matte Collection Quad Eye Shadow in Canyon Classic

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not many affordable matte eyeshadows available in my area...love these colors; stays on through my workday, have repurchased many times..

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A classic for sure! I have all of the PF matte quads & this is probably my favest. Also as I'm 38 I decided I need go retire the frosty eyeshadows for dedicating if for special occasions & fun makeup but I don't take myself foo seriously althou I'm serious about my makeup looking perf & I've always had Canyon Classics in my stash & will til they'd DC it. The shadows are buttery soft & as an added bonus this can be used as a matte bronzer! Nice packaging nice sponge tipped applicator & even a mirror! I think this you could also use it in a pinch for brows. PF is probably 1 of the most $$$l but very worth it! My go to every day quads I reach for often. A good primer & brown eyeliner is essential. I dislike black eyeliner on all of the PF matte quads. Brown is so youthful looking much better for mature skin per myself. :)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Overall, I like these shadows. I watched a couple of YouTube videos explaining how to apply them, and my eyes looked natural and defined. I do wish they were more a bit more pigmented, and if you want a dramatic look, this is not the palette for that.
The shadows are matte, very smooth to apply and easy to blend; however, there is a lot of fallout. Tapping my brush on the pan before applying eliminates any issues.
They are relatively expensive for a drugstore brand, but they are excellent for the money. They last all day on me with a primer.

Pretty colors but they didn't blend well. Also a lot of loose powder everytime you use your brush :(

I loved the way these colors looked in the pan. But they disintegrate as soon as I tap them with my brush -- there's a crazy amount of dust that gets everywhere. The colors barely show up on my skin at all and don't have much staying power.

A very nice, neutral palette that can be used in conjunction with other palettes, as transition shades or highlight shade, or even just use one of the shades as an all-over color on days you want a 'no makeup look', or a totally natural look if you want to use 2, 3, or all 4 shades.

Wears nicely during the day with no creasing on (I rarely use primers unless needed for a particular shadow, and I do not need primers with these shades).

PF's other matte quad's are also very nice, as well, but this one is a fave.

Will re-purchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is some of the creamiest, easily blended eye shadow I have ever used. It's a perfect matte palette and I'm very impressed. Makes my eyes look fantastic, the shadow stays perfectly matte without looking crepey at all -- a huge plus for my "mature" eyelids. Sometimes wearing matte products can look harsh and highlight fine lines, but not this one. People comment that I look so young. If I had to choose one eye shadow product, this would be the one. I also have Maybelline's The Nudes, which I like for versatility (it has matte and shimmer colors), but this quad beats it in blendability and perfect pigmented shades. I will buy this again and again and again. Lovely!

Classic Canyon is a real classic. It's been around for ages. For once, a company has the common sense not to discontinue a good product.

I got this a couple of months ago and I wonder why I always ignored it. Especially when I was running up and down looking for matte e/s. This quartet is terrific. Powder blends like a dream, not chalky at all. Colors are wonderful for an understated look. The off white shade is all I use for under the brows. Works better than a lot of h/e shadows I have. I'm very happy with this purchase.

Believe it or not, I use this to contour my face. All bronzers and face powders end up looking too yellow, pink, brown, peachy... you get the gist. People rave about the neutral-ness of Physician's Formula Solar Powder in Light Bronzer (this one: https://www.physiciansformula.com/en-us/productdetail/face/bronzers/03857.html) but it shows up yellowish orangish on me. I'm actually using it as a blush right now...

I bought this quad because I was having such a hard time finding matte drugstore singles (I dislike using duos/trios/quads/etc). It's a really nice quad, it really is, but I have too much gray in my skin (I'm cool yellow / olive toned with a cast of gray) and it made my eye area look... not radiant. Not bad, but it wasn't doing me any favors.

Funny story. I bought the light bronzer at the same time as the quad. I like messing around with my cosmetics when I first get them, and I ended up applying the lighter beige eyeshadow onto my cheekbones. Hey, it looks like the beginning of a nice contour. Applied the darker beige on the contour area. Wow, nice. I could totally rock this. I took a fluffy eyeshadow brush and dusted some of the darkest shade onto the contour too. Ok maybe not, but it works really well for brows. I have to be very light-handed with the cream shade because it's quite light, even as a brow highlight.

The blendability of these eyeshadows is one of the major reasons this product works as a contour palette. So yeah, just my two cents. For fair, grayish yellow/olive complexions, this might work better as a contour palette than as an eyeshadow palette. You really do find gems in the most unexpected places sometimes...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

ATTENTION MAC LOVERS I HAVE SOME DUPES!!!!!!

((these dupe discoveries are NOT mine, they are from this girls video---->

, I just wanted to pass them along to you! Please watch her video!!!))

Upper left = MAC Omega
Upper right = MAC Vanilla

I own a TON of PF eyeshadows, and these are some of my favorites! They are SOO good!! I never knew they contained dupes to MAC shadows, as I only own about 3 of MAC's, haha, but as soon as I found out, I was really excited. Knowing you have dupes of higher end shadows opens up many doors for looks, because so many tutorials contain high end makeup.

As far as the quality of these go, I am in love. They are so buttery and soft, and they blend like a dream. These are all matte, and I don't own any matte from MAC so I can't compare the consistency, but to Makeupgeek shadows, they are on par! Anything that is on par with MUG is good for me!

Like I said, the dupe discovery is not mine, so please watch the video I linked if you are interested in the details!! :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials