September 30, 2014 | 1589 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Matte Collection Quad Eye Shadow in Canyon Classic

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

ATTENTION MAC LOVERS I HAVE SOME DUPES!!!!!!

((these dupe discoveries are NOT mine, they are from this girls video---->

, I just wanted to pass them along to you! Please watch her video!!!))

Upper left = MAC Omega
Upper right = MAC Vanilla

I own a TON of PF eyeshadows, and these are some of my favorites! They are SOO good!! I never knew they contained dupes to MAC shadows, as I only own about 3 of MAC's, haha, but as soon as I found out, I was really excited. Knowing you have dupes of higher end shadows opens up many doors for looks, because so many tutorials contain high end makeup.

As far as the quality of these go, I am in love. They are so buttery and soft, and they blend like a dream. These are all matte, and I don't own any matte from MAC so I can't compare the consistency, but to Makeupgeek shadows, they are on par! Anything that is on par with MUG is good for me!

Like I said, the dupe discovery is not mine, so please watch the video I linked if you are interested in the details!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by laurasmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this recently off Ebay because I watched a review on YouTube. I've been using more matte neutrals lately so I was excited to try this quad. I must say that the lightest shade is just amazing. It is probably the most pigmented matte highlight shade that I have and that is saying a lot. These shadows are not at all powdery and they apply like a dream. I am going to see about getting the other quads in this collection but they are very hard to find, especially the nude one. I highly recommend this quad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Surprisingly good. Velvety smooth. Goes on like butter. Colors are great for a daytime "I'm not wearing any makeup, I swear" work look. Lasts all day and then some. No smudging. Doesn't smear everywhere. Bendable. Doesn't crease up when I get oily throughout the day like most drugstore shadows do...and I pack quite a bit on.

Sorry I waited so long to try! Only thing is, I have trouble distinguishing the two brown shades in the pan...they look identical, but on the skin one is slightly lighter.

Overall, excellent and classic. Great for enhancing natural shape of the eye without screaming for attention. Will repurchase...if it ever runs out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for years and don't think there is any other drugstore shadow that can compare to it.

Strong pigment, smooth texture, great colors. I have the same quad shadow in other colors but this is by far my favorite. The dark brown is fine enough textured and dark enough to double as eyeliner and eyebrow powder.

If you are having trouble with it staying, try an eyeshadow base that won't crease like foundation will. I use Benefit Stay.

Having sat in many professional makeup chairs, most makeup artists will tell you that nobody over the age of 22 should use a sparkled shadow, especially in the era of HD. It highlights the texture of your skin and makes everyone look much older.

I recently saw the uber gorgeous Olivia Wilde in a Revlon ad with glimmer shadow and even on her you could see texture. I can't imagine why anyone involved with that shoot thought it was flattering. Stylist FAIL.

PF quad is the perfect matte. I recently ordered the new Urban Decay matte nakeds just to try it but it will have to be awfully good to beat out the tried and true PF.

The only reason it doesn't get a 5 is because you have to leave room for Chanel. But for the price point it is an excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by shortii53

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wasn't sure how I'd feel about this quad but I wanted to try it anyway. Glad I did. I'm not too old to have wrinkly eyelids yet but I find some shadows make it appear that i do. So I decided it was time for me to try matte shadow though I usually am attracted to shimmer. I love this pallete. The colors are basic neutrals that I use all the time and they are pigmented enough. They are matte and apply smoothly. I use a sponge tip appplicator as I read on hear sometimes the shades apply sheer with a brush. Very flattering and subtle. Great for work or with a dramatic lip. Definitely reccommend. The grey is nice and the browns are flattering though they are both very similar, I do wish one was a deeper brown shade.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Though I've only had this quad a few days, I'm reviewing it now because ultimately I plan on returning it as soon as I can.
After reading that, I suppose it might be a bit redundant to imply or even out right state that I am disappointed but...folks, I'm really disappointed in Canyon Classics. This quad had been on my list for a few months now but I had been hesitant about purchasing it due to my own reservations about PF products in general (see my review for their Eye Booster Pen if you're curious) and because I figured that it'd be wiser to simply save up to purchase the Sonia Kashuk Eye On Neutral palette which is filled with an array of both cool and warm-toned matte neutral colors.
What attracted me to this quad is that it is, first off, easy to locate. PF products are in most major retailers so basically if you throw a rock, you'll hit a drugstore that carries them. It beats driving around endlessly hunting something...especially if you're like me and you don't know how to drive at all! Secondly, the price wasn't too bad. Thirdly, and definitely most importantly, I lusted after Canyon Classics because I wear nothing but mattes and I was looking for a good, relatively subtle but still noticeable cool-toned brown to accentuate my crease. Warm browns tend to look quite red and unnatural on my skin tone, particularly around the eyes. I thought that I'd hit the jackpot because Canyon Classics has two of my aforementioned dreamy browns. No bueno.
Basically, my main gripe with this quad is that it isn't pigmented really at all. The light cream shade is alright. It's a nice highlight since it isn't stark white but is relatively unremarkable other than that.The grey shade is admittedly quite pleasant for use in my eyebrows but not amazing enough to salvage my opinion on the quad. It is surely the most pigmented of the four shadows in the set though. The browns...oh boy...well, I HATE THEM. They are nearly completely void of any pigmentation AT ALL. I took this especially hard because I bought this quad specifically for them. When layered over a flesh tone matte shade both of the browns must be built up to even slightly make themselves known. Building them up results in an over all sort of muddy appearance, like you had on a great brown shadow that broke down on your eyelids hours ago and is waiting to be washed off at the end of the day. Ugh!
What's sad is, I like the texture of these quite a bit. Really, I do. They are definitely creamy in texture (although a little dusty too because they're soft) and easy to pick up on a brush but all of this is rather irrelevant when the colors themselves are not very pigmented.
People seem to really love this quad but sadly I am not one of them. Reading others' reviews makes me wonder if the quad they're reviewing and the one that I bought are even the same product because my experience has been totally contrary to majority of the glowing reviews posted here. Try it for yourself- but keep the receipt just in case.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have all three of the PF matte quads and this is my favorite of the three. It's a little more dramatic on me than the other three but still looks natural and fresh. It is more cool-toned with the crease shade being dark grey but I can see it working on almost everyone. So pretty and I highly recommend!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by jspnx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't get the love that this quad gets. I had it for years and didn't replace it. The two brown shades were indistinguishable from each other and looked okay on my skin, but were nothing special. The grayish shade looked like dirt on my face. And the highlight shade didn't show up on my skin. I'm glad it works for so many people, just wanted to add a differing viewpoint.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by NotYourKindofPeople

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this quad after hearing several YouTubers raving about it. This is probably my most exciting find so far this year.

The formula: These are 100% matte shades. They are smooth, and easy to blend. They kick up a little powder when you stick your brush in, but in my experience all matte eye shadows do this. These shades are not chalky in the least. They are nicely pigmented, and build to opaque color. Over primer (NARS) this quad wears all day like iron.

The colors: These are lovely cool/neutral shades. They can create a nice natural day look, and a smokey night look. The two "brow" shades look similar in the pan, but they are noticeably different on the eye. These are cooler shades, but I think they complement my warm skin tone well. They seem to brighten my face, even my SO commented on my makeup when wearing this.

The price: With a MSRP of $6.50 these are a STEAL! Physician's Formula goes on sale quite frequently for 40% off at Walgreens, CVS, and Ulta. Add some Extra Bucks, coupons, or points, and you can get this for a few bucks (I paid $2.77)

The bottom line: These shadows are amazing. They may be the best mattes I have used. They perform as well if not better than my Urban Decay Naked Basics. I plan to purchase the other two matte quads when I find them.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Seriously matte and natural/nude shades. Go with every day and everywhere look.

Have used these for years and will continue to repurchase. The plastic casing is not luxe, but for the price, who really cares. The texture and pigmentation of the colors is almost perfect -- right up there with HE eyeshadows.

don't hesistate.. try these and you will have a great solution to every day eye colors.