October 1, 2014 | 1228 users online

Hair Treatments - TRESemme - Split Remedy Leave-in Conditioning Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because my hair is quite dry from frequent coloring, I was hoping this would seal up some of my split ends and what not.

Well, I havent found it to really seal split ends or anything. But! This is lovely to use before you style, just a pump or two and work it into your hair. It adds some much needed moisture for dry hair to prevent it from breaking. Its a great cheap alternative to using its a 10 leave in all over. I still use the its a 10 on my ends, though. It does work a little better.

If you have oily hair, I wouldn't reccomend. Maybe only on the ends.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by SierraLiz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this back when I had my hair bleached, and it was destroyed. At that time, it never gave me the moisture I really needed.

I'm moving soon, so I've been trying to use up products I chucked to the bottom of the drawer, and I realized I had almost a full bottle of this left. I've been currently using it for about three weeks.

I feel...meh about it. I don't dislike it on my newly virginal hair, but I don't think I'd buy it again. It has a strange light smell that can only be described as smelling like hair product. Fortunately, it's not nearly as strong as Tresemme shampoos or conditioners. It's not very moisturizing, but it does work pretty well as a detangler on wet or dry hair. I also use it to smooth down my dry hair when it's looking a little frizzy.

I like the pump and the look for the bottle, I just wish it worked better. Suave Keratin Infusion Leave-In is a cheaper, better alternative if your hair can handle the keratin. (Mine loves it.)

I might recommend this to people with fine hair who don't need much moisture.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by bklyncowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Youtube made me do it!

Long, fine, wavy hair that reaches 5 inches from my waistband. I rarely use heat on my hair and let air dry normally so it is not in bad shape. I found Kiehlís Argan oil oddly drying and have experimented with a bunch of other serum types of conditioning treatments. This is the first leave-in of this kind that Iíve tried. Itís ok. I use a generous amount (a mound the circumference of a quarter) and massage into my towel dried hair (on the last 12 inches or so only) just minutes after I get out of the shower. I do this after Iíve sprayed in Nexus leave in spray conditioner. It is lightweight and has no discernable fragrance, is not sticky and does not do anything weird to your hair. It does provide added moisture but I still want to try other products to compare. This definitely helped during the cold, dry winter months during which I used this daily (and will still continue to do so until Iíve finished the bottle), but I feel there may be something out there also at a reasonable price which might do it better. Not committed but I would probably repurchase if I found a good deal again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by mxxlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really enjoyed this product, so much so that I bought another bottle when I saw it on sale! It claims to reduce 80% of split ends after only three uses, and I have to say, I really did see a difference after the first few uses. My hair is thin and fine, so it's subject to split ends even when I rarely use hot styling tools on it. This product reduced the breakage and many split ends that I used to see in my hair. Since the breakage is reduced, I've also noticed my hair growing out faster than it used to. It used to grow out so painfully slow...

I really have no complaints with this stuff. It smells great, a fresh shampoo scents with a hint of floral/apple IMO. It comes out in a white, milky texture - not sticky or really tacky at all. After applying it, you won't even know it's there besides the smell that lingers there for a bit esp while your hair's wet. It's very lightweight!

The only reason I rated this a '4' is because I've heard more positive reviews on the serum version of this, which apparently works better. I'll definitely be giving that a try to compare, since this worked so well on me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

I rediscovered this little gem in my bathroom closet the other day and have absolutely no idea why I stopped using it. I had waist-length hair when I bought it, and probably put it away after getting my hair cut because I didn't really need it. Now in the dead of winter, I figured I'd give my hair some extra TLC, and was delighted to find that I still had this!

I still hair long hair several inches past my shoulders, it's very fine and straight, and I have tons of it. And oh--I get greasy after 24 hours without exception. So I hardly ever use conditioner. I really loved Ouidad's Moisture-Lock Leave-In Conditioner because it didn't weigh my hair down, even though it's made for curly hair. Nonetheless, I'd still look much greasier by the end of the day. The Tresemme is better for fine and/or oily hair because I don't look like a total greaseball after a day, and could even go another 12 hours or so without a wash! That's amazing, because my entire life I've had to wash my hair at least every 24 hours.

There's a teeny bit of floral note to it, but I wouldn't call it fragranced. At least it doesn't smell bad! And I get really annoyed by synthetic shampoos and such with stubborn and persistent fragrance, so that's another plus.

Another big pro for me is that it's not sticky at all. I don't feel like it's beckoning all the crap in the air to come adhere to my head, and I don't have fingers sticking together from my hair product.

Finally, it really does improve the look of my ends. I just got a haircut so don't think I have a lot of split ends right now, but no matter what my hair always tangles badly. Getting a wide-tooth comb through it after a shower is usually a chore, but if I apply this from about my ears down, the comb goes through my hair like buttah. Yay!

So oily/fine-haired ladies, take note! A product that works for a price you can't beat, and you can find it at any drugstore near you. Hallelujah!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by RedNailz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this when I ran out of Split Remedy Repair Serum. It's in a larger bottle, so I thought it was a better deal than the serum. So, yes, it is cheaper, but it isn't nearly as effective as the serum. It isn't bad, but it just doesn't make my hair as soft as it was with the serum. Still, it provides some moisture and hopefully a little protection from blow drying. I'll finish the bottle but won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by rachlovesoliver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I haven't had any issues with the white bits that everyone has been talking about..maybe it's because I use a hair drier after I use it? I have very long fine hair that is super prone to breakage from styling and heat. I know that nothing can actually repair split ends except trimming them off but you can improve the appearance and feel of them and I think this product definitely does that. As I said I have super fine hair and this stuff actually makes my hair feel a lot thicker and weightier. I will definitely continue to use it and hope that it does something to prevent split ends! Regardless I like how it makes my hair feel and look. I have unruly, frizzy wavy hair that I usually straighten even though I would love to have wavy hair. This stuff tames the frizz enough for me to wear it wavy yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by YumieLee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product! My ends have become so soft and smooth. It smells delicious and protects my hair from heat styling. After coming out of the shower, I put the split remedy treatment onto the ends of my hair, then I put organix coconut milk serum over it to seal it in. I used to have dry and brittle hair With these two combined, I've had great results!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

A+. Love performs as promised and have already replaced one bottle. I use on wet hair when air drying in a ponytail and has helped prevent breakage in between heat styling. I have also used the corresponding conditioner and leave in split end spray, they also both smell wonderful and work great. The conditioner is like hair glue for split ends, wont repair but will glue together until you are ready to trim, and protect against possibility of future damage.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by LexiJay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved this product. The smell is awesome. And the results are great too. The only problem I can see with this product is the feeling of hair when it is put on dry hair. I Used this right after a regular shampoo and conditioning in the shower. Then let my hair dry naturally. It seemed a little silkier and smoother, but not a whole lot. So I put a little on my mostly dry hair because the bottle says that is okay. It did make my hair a lot softer, but it felt a little weighed down. That is why I am only givin it a four. And the packaging should come with a lid. But it is still nice. Great product for price, and for anything really. Is really making a difference in my hair. regardless of the weighing down. Maybe once used more often, it wont need to be put in after drying. Anyways Loved it.