August 1, 2014 | 1678 users online

Shampoo - TRESemme - Split Remedy Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by monka191

Great Shampoo, however it did not helped as promised on a packaging.
However, the hair were smooth, silky, and shiny, and this is what I love.
I used this shampoo, for over one year, and I was really satisfied with it.
The only issue of mine was the price. But I was always purchasing it on sale for 2.50 pounds, and it was really great value of money!!
I love TREsemme shampoos, as so far this is the only company, that
does not dry our my hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by katycatz

It made my hair feel smooth and silky but I still see split ends. I don't think it does exactly what it claims...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Shony101

This is the worst shampoo I've ever used. My hair felt disgusting and chemically when I applied it and it caused my scalp to react and become red and flakey. It gave my hair zero benefits and just left me with dry hair and an itchy scalp. Do not buy this.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by aaashleybelle

For those of you who care about the health of your hair DON'T USE THIS PRODUCT.
Check out the ingredients, on the first ones is sodium chloride (aka salt).
This not only dries out your hair, but it severely damages it.
I used it for a while until I realized what it was doing to my hair, by hair begin splitting extremely bad.
All shampoo's with salt will damage your hair, so be careful and read the ingredients before buying.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by AkiraMakena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As soon as I ran this through my hair in the shower, I knew something was scary wrong. I had traumatic flashbacks of using my grandmother's shampoo that she gave to me because she didn't like for some reason - the shampoo that made my hair feel like tacky glue for the next few days even when washed out with normal shampoo. This shampoo immediately reminded me of that awful experience as soon as I put it in, but I ran the risk for you guys and gave it a good scrub and rinse. It turns out this shampoo is a lot like the one from long ago. It makes your hair feel oddly tacky to the touch and covered with a thick film of sealant. It wasn't a remedy for my split ends - it was essentially duct taping all of my follicles together with a greasy seal. I had to go back into the shower and use my regular shampoo to get rid of the film. My hair would not even brush properly or style with it. That's what I get for buying a cheap split end shampoo! Well, at least the price is reasonable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

When I saw this advertised on TV my first thought was: 'A shampoo that can help to combat and even reduce split ends? Surely not!' Which was quickly followed by 'I gotta have me some of that!' I knew instantly that whatever the outcome I just HAD to give this a try and see if it stood up to all its claims...

I used the shampoo in conjunction with the conditioner as I figured I would get the best results by doing this and also see if my split ends did in fact reduce with continued use. And I have to say, the whole time I was using this the condition of my hair was very good (so much so that even my hairdresser commented on it). I also think this did make a difference to the amount of split ends I had, although I can't be certain that it helped to stop new ones from forming. However, the main issue I have with this (and the conditioner) is that the longer I seemed to use it, the more weighed down and heavy my hair seemed to get. It was almost like this was giving my hair some sort of coating which protected it from spilt ends but made it lose it's natural body and shape.

Since I've stopped using it and have gone back to my regular shampoo, I've noticed that my hair has returned to what I consider 'normal' so I think the lesson learnt here is that although I would use it again, I would use it as more of a twice-weekly treatment in conjunction with my regular shampoo and conditioner, as opposed to the one I would reach for every day.

This definitely isn't going to be for everyone. I think people with thick hair will find it easier to use whilst those with thinner or finer hair would do best to do as I've described above and only use it as a treatment in conjunction with their regular products. Kudos to TREsemme though for producing a shampoo (and conditioner) that actually seems to do what it claims!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by flappergirl35

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have long, fine color-treated hair, and this product was a nightmare! After one wash, I ended up with horrible mats in my hair. I couldn't even comb through it without sufficient breakage. After two washes, my hair was total mess.

I ended up throwing out the product, which I never do, and will NEVER buy it again! It took about a week of intense conditioning to get my hair back, and the breakage was still noticeable. For anyone who has long, color-treated or fine hair, I definitely do NOT recommend this shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by carouselgirl2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I honestly couldn't tell a difference between this shampoo and their regular shampoo. It does have a pleasant scent. Rinses out easily and lathers well.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this shampoo (used in tandem with the conditioner) for the past year. I've only had to repurchase the shampoo twice and the conditioner once in that time (I have the huge 32 oz. bottles). I've been growing my hair out for the past few years and was developing a split end problem when I bought this stuff. It did seem to work immediately on many of my split ends, and seems to have helped curb new splits. But as other reviewers have said, it does seem to leave the hair a bit lusterless, and also somewhat stiff and tacky -- which itself is a problem often associated with causing split ends.

Quite frankly, until today I hadn't even considered trying another shampoo/conditioner for this problem, because I've been using some great treatments post shower to detangle and smooth my hair (TRESseme Keratin Smooth Keratin Smoothing Infusion--or something like that; and Dove Nourishing Oil Detangler -- I've just written reviews for both). Additionally, to prevent stripped hair, I've recently started an every other day shampooing regimen and use dry shampoo on the off days. If all continues to go well, I may stop using this shampoo and favor of something more moisturizing on the shampoo days.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by pinksexyhair

I love Tresemme a lot and none of their products ever disappoint me... but this one was a let down. The formula was just terrible. The shampoo left behind residue and the conditioner felt like glue in the shower and once the hair was dry it felt stiff and straw-like. I also used the leave in spray stuff with it and it was just as bad. If you love the smell, try their Keratin Smooth line. It smells the same and works a lot nicer.