July 29, 2014 | 1479 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Ruffian Red

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by BXsenorita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My favorite red, it's really hard to pull off red but I think this is a perfect red for any skin tone! I never have tried red lipstick but had so many compliments with this color. I'm a C4 in MAC and even had my mom try it and she loves it. It made our teeth look really white :D it applies like a dream. the matte formula isn't drying at all. perfect red!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Kelzilla

Is it stupid to be this in love with a lipstick? I bought a backup immediately, which I never do, even with LEs.

The colour is a true, complex, luminous tomato red; against both very pale and very dark skin especially it 'sings', looking amazingly vivid, although with it's weird cool/warm harmonic is pretty much suits everyone with the guts to rock a superstar red. I will warn you that at first you'll probably spend half the day working your sh*t in various mirrors because it is made of awesomeness.

I would call this a classic red without the obvious nods to a retro or modernist aesthetic and I doubt it will look dated any time soon. This is a consideration for me- I can't afford to blow $40 on something faddish that will be over in two seasons.

The texture is superb, as the best Mac mattes are, nowhere near as dry as Ruby Woo; it applies super-pigmented and evenly, is moist enough for all day comfort without being greasy, wears gently and stains faintly. Easy to avoid the old red ring of death just by smooching your lips together- another sign of a quality matte.
I can wear this on a hot day sans liner without bleeding, though Im not a smoker and have avoided the sun so I don't have gigantic lip line issues. A quick run around with a lighter liner or anti-bleed stick will have you set for most of the day.

So to summarize- amazing shade, excellent payoff, faultless texture, low-maintenance; if only it was permanent. My favourite red of all time. If you see it, grab it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by theunblonde

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always get addicted to MAC's limited edition items, and this is no exception. This red is a wonderful, deep red-- a bit more "true" red than my other favorite limited edition, Such Flare!-- and very wearable. It has that signature MAC matte texture which I love. Great color.