NYX The "blue" lip gloss Smile Brightener

3.3

on 4/4/2014 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My teeth are already decently white, but who wouldn't want whiter? I like most NYX products so I gave this one a shot... and it does not work for me. I look cold, and kind of dead. Rigor mortis setting in kinda face.

I like how it feel (slight tingle) and it's on the thick side--however--really terrible for my skin tone. I look best with things that are a little more orange-y, so I guess it makes sense that blue would diminish my "glow".

on 6/7/2013 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a nice slippery gloss and it feels like silk on. It has a slight bluish tint to it but really isn't visible on. I really can't say that it brightens my smile any but it does add a nice natural shine and gives me a full sexy pout. It seems like a fun little novelty gloss and I am satisfied with it and will use it all up but it really isn't something I will rush out to buy again.

on 2/28/2013 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i think it works as described. i get the blue makes teeth brighter theory and over my lipstick it did appear to give my teeth a bit of a pop. this gloss is a good one for my purse and i'll use it until the end but so far i'd say it's a nice little gloss that works as promised.

on 7/4/2012 2:42:00 AM

This blue tinted gloss claims to make your teeth brighter. Rather like the blue undertone in some lipsticks do.

It does have a slight blue tint which makes the gloss appear brighter and it is lovely and shiny.

It has a yummy minty smell and it makes your lips tingle, which I found a bit unpleasant as it stings.

As a gloss its OK the staying power isn't great but it did nothing to brighten my teeth.

I have lipsticks with a blue undertone and you can see that your teeth are whiter and brighter but this lip gloss just didn't do it for me.

Recommended for Medium Skin