E.L.F. Baked Eyeshadow-ALL

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have one of these so far (Burnt Plum) and I love it!!
I was looking for a nice deep purple for a long time, and to find the perfect shade for just $3 is a complete steal.
I love wearing this over eyeliner, smudging and blending upwards. It created the most beautiful subtle, sultry purple smokey eye. Perfect for day or night (I even wore it this way to church with subtle makeup everywhere else and got tons of compliments)

The packaging is perfectly minimal. I love that there is no extra bulk and is so easy to travel with (Be careful though, as baked products shatter more easily than pressed products)

The formula is beautiful. Never powdery but pigmented. Used wet, it's incredibly intense.
I would definitely pick up more shades

Highly recommend

Hope this helps!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't need more eyeshadow I admit as I have the elf 144 neutral, a bunch of elf Disney books, a few palettes & every single UD Nakeds palette for eyes (1/2/3-basics1/2-on the run-smoky) & a bunch of Clinique/MAC/EL palettes/misc other e/s but I sub to the elf Play Beautiful subscription box so I was sent this in Burnt Plum & I love it! I use UDPP usually & this product is fairly pigmented. It makes me want to rush out & buy them all which I plan to go do an order when I get paid. Overconsumerism at its finest! More like I'm filled w overcomsumption...Ha!! This shadow wears pretty well. It is a taupe eggplant on me it certainly must be some kind of MAC dupe not sure what? I have CA & TX palettes also which I lurve...lurve me some elf e/s!! I like to do this w a nice nude lip like the elf Natural/Nude lip pencil is perf for this. U can also pair it w the elf e/s-liner pencil duo that is purple. I usually go for neutral eyes so this isn't too kray kray on me. Elf has their eye on the trends. I am always surprised on that coz they are so cheap (read: affordable). Don't got to spend a fortune to look good! I can have all of the shadows in the collection vs. 2 MAC e/s & still have a few nickels left over ...nice!!

I bought this eyeshadow in Enchanted and Pixie, the two lightest shades. Both look quite metallic and very shimmery.

I don't have any previous experience with baked products, but what really stood out with this (both of them) is that the pigmentation depends so much on the lighting! Maybe this is the deal with baked shadows, but I feel like if the light is just a tiny bit dimmed the color doesn't show up at all it's just shimmery. But in direct lighting and sunlight this is super bright.

I will however say that regardless of lighting this always shows up more shimmery than pigmented/colored (if that makes sense?) This is not great for me because I dont really like using super shimmery eyeshadow in the daytime and in the nighttime I feel like the color would hardly show up at all.

These two blend very well with each other (and I guess with the rest of the colors as well), but I find they don't mix with my non-baked, less shimmery eye shadows at all. This is also super sad because I have hooded eyes and doing an all shimmer eye shadow look will never be my thing.

It goes on very smooth but I have noticed that when I get close to the mirror it looks kind of patchy, but on a very "microscopic level". Like I said it goes on smooth and doen't look patchy at all from a distance, but when you look really close it's like there are very, very small chunks all over the lid where the product/color/shimmer is very concentrated. It's very hard to explain, but I guess I would say it makes it look like a cheaper, lower quality eyeshadow on the lid.

This wasn't really the right product for me because of the amount of shimmer and the fact that it can't be blended with matte shadows. I won't repurchase but if you are prepared for the shimmer shock and don't expect the highest of quality (it is E.L.F after all) this might work for you. The metallic shimmer really is gorgeous when the lighting brings out the pigment.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This was my first baked eyeshadow. At $3 a pop, I had to try it! The packaging is a little flimsy, but I don't use it for travel anyway. I have the color Toasted, a metallic copper. I love that it's not too red on me, as so many coppers are. Using the shadow dry (over Fergie primer) lasts me about 8 hours before starting to fade. I get minor creasing, but that's after 12+ hours of wear. It doesn't last as long if I use it wet. A lot of E.l.f's baked shadows (like the ones in the baked palettes) aren't that pigmented when used dry, and can be very chalky. Toasted is actually creamy and pigmented with a hint of shimmer if used dry, and turns into a metallic copper if used wet. I definitely want to try more of these singles for the great price!

I bought 2 elf eyeshadows because my old favorite duo got... old and i can't spend 50 dollars on Naked 2 right now. I have to make it a year or so without that big beautiful palette. I bought Toasted and Bark. Bark is perfect, i love it, but Toasted... looks weird, reddish pinkish on me. It doesn't look bad, but i just got surprised by it. I guess this is the price of not being able to try it on your own skin.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These eyeshadows are great! Very pigmented, beautiful colors. I have several of these shadows & I love them! I just wish E.L.F. offered more matte eyeshadows.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

These are pretty decent for the price I b9ught pixie and bark, and I think I paid $3 each for them. I was in love with the colors. However, I was disapointed because they aren't very smooth to apply. I tried a dry brush and a wet brush, I hadn't really pack on the product to get a good color payoff. They do not blend well either. There are definitly other brands that are still affordable but wayyy better.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Let me just say my search for great baked eyeshadows has ended. Every brand I tried (Wet N Wild, Hard Candy) had me dissapointed with their hard glittery chalky products they wanted to promote as baked eye shadows. I purchased ELF's baked eyeshadow today in the color “Toasted" (a coppery brown), and the texture was so SOFT I couldn't believe it. I thought I had to use this with a wet eye shadow brush but I was even more surprised when the color payoff was AMAZING without the need of that. I just have great things to say about this product. If you can get your hands on this, DO IT. $3 ? A great deal!
I threw out my other baked “eyeshadows" in the trash after I discovered this!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I LOVE these shadows. For the price, they are amazing quality. My favorite and most reached for color is Toasted. It is gorgeous, highly pigmented and brightens up my eyes like no other. I get also get endless compliments on it. People often think it's a higher end shadow. I will always repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have e.l.f.'s Baked Eyeshadow in Enchanted. It's a very pretty dupe for Laura Geller Baked Shadow in Honey. It's a toasty, glittery warm beige that looks very nice with holiday ensembles and wears long with no creases, although it's a more subtle than striking look. Still for this price, I will definitely repurchase.