October 24, 2014 | 1064 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Baked Eyeshadow-ALL

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by 5starchikita

I know that ELF has always been a bit hit & miss, but in my recent USA ELF haul I'd made a promise to try this.

The compact is made of sturdy black plastic and contains a fairly large mirror inside the lid. I have to give this product high marks for its packaging quality, which seems comparable to pricier brands such as MAC.

The palette contains neutral, light to medium colours with a metallic sheen. I have tried quite a few of these and love them, but only when applied with a wet brush. They must be used with a wet/damp brush if you want any sort of rich color pay off, otherwise, you will be disappointed.Definitely worth a try!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by egoh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the E.L.F baked Eyeshadow in Enchanted. I adore this color, it is a warm gold color with a slight touch of rose in it (would not call it rose gold though). So, like many reviewers already mentioned : the color payoff is WEAK. Here's a tip that worked for me : I do not know if the baked eyeshadow has a layer of sealer or whatever it is : I use a DRY paper towel and run over the eyeshadow a few times - after that the color payout is MUCH BETTER. I also did this with a few of the baked blush. Hope this help :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by kinta80s

Pigmentation has never been one of elf eyeshadows' strongest point, tested it many times before. Due to the reviews that I've read regarding formula improvements, I dared myself to purchase the NYC palette (they ran out of texas). Couldn't be more disappointed. It was really sheer (even with TFSI primer), didn't even have any pop of color, just glitter mess, even some little time after the application. Bought it for the dark blue, which turned grey. Wasnt true to pan at all. I'll stick with high end.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by AmyNCognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the California palette. Love the packaging, but this just doesn't deliver. Very little pigment, super hard to get color on the brush. Not a fan.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by SStar777

They nice baked eyeshadow for the price. I have them in three colors: enchanted, pixie and toasted. I love all the three. Enchanted is bright gold without being too yellow. Pixie is nice shimmer pink, very decent pink and Toasted is brown/coral color on application. I love them and would give them 5 star. Only reason I am giving them 4 star is that they apply wet better than dry. In dry form they do not show up that well even with primer but on wet application they come out awesome and very pretty shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by FETUS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These you have to put on with your finger or a damp brush to get any color payoff. Plus Sally Beauty carries $1 baked eyeshadows ("Sally Girl") that are better pigmented than ELF's.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by marikoulmk

Very satisfing product! I have enhanched and burntplum and are both very nice. I usually aply enhanched with my finger as a everyday base and burnt plum on grease.
I definatelly buy them again

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by sweetpea19811

I have this in enchanted and after trying several times I am throwing it out :( Color payoff is low and hard to get out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by auraborialis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like that ELF doesn't test on animals, so I have tried most of their products. I own this eyeshadow in Bark and I really like it. There are a few girls on here that complained about how difficult the formula was to get on the brush and then on the eyelids. I had this same problem until I used a small, synthetic brush with short bristles by Ecotools (cheap brush brand you can get at Target). Then I got fantastic color payoff and minimal flaking/fallout. Generally I dab a tiny amount of non GMO glycerin on my lids before eyeshadow because it dries to a somewhat tacky finish and makes colors pop like crazy, but it isn't absolutely necessary with this shadow. Bark is a beautiful chocolate brown that is flattering on blue, brown, and green eyes alike. Great little product for 3 bucks, just have to use the right brush with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Yolyalex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this a while ago ( I believe the color is Toasted or something like it). This eyeshadow is not that good, not even for the price, I believe it's $2 or $3 at target. First off, you would need a really good primer for anything to show, and even then it will crease, and I feel like it's too glittery/shimmery. I used it wet and it's probably the best way to use it, but it has too much shimmer for me. The color is nice but no lasting power :-/