April 17, 2014 | 1013 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Baked Eyeshadow-ALL

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by SStar777

They nice baked eyeshadow for the price. I have them in three colors: enchanted, pixie and toasted. I love all the three. Enchanted is bright gold without being too yellow. Pixie is nice shimmer pink, very decent pink and Toasted is brown/coral color on application. I love them and would give them 5 star. Only reason I am giving them 4 star is that they apply wet better than dry. In dry form they do not show up that well even with primer but on wet application they come out awesome and very pretty shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by FETUS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These you have to put on with your finger or a damp brush to get any color payoff. Plus Sally Beauty carries $1 baked eyeshadows ("Sally Girl") that are better pigmented than ELF's.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by marikoulmk

Very satisfing product! I have enhanched and burntplum and are both very nice. I usually aply enhanched with my finger as a everyday base and burnt plum on grease.
I definatelly buy them again

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by sweetpea19811

I have this in enchanted and after trying several times I am throwing it out :( Color payoff is low and hard to get out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by auraborialis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like that ELF doesn't test on animals, so I have tried most of their products. I own this eyeshadow in Bark and I really like it. There are a few girls on here that complained about how difficult the formula was to get on the brush and then on the eyelids. I had this same problem until I used a small, synthetic brush with short bristles by Ecotools (cheap brush brand you can get at Target). Then I got fantastic color payoff and minimal flaking/fallout. Generally I dab a tiny amount of non GMO glycerin on my lids before eyeshadow because it dries to a somewhat tacky finish and makes colors pop like crazy, but it isn't absolutely necessary with this shadow. Bark is a beautiful chocolate brown that is flattering on blue, brown, and green eyes alike. Great little product for 3 bucks, just have to use the right brush with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Yolyalex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this a while ago ( I believe the color is Toasted or something like it). This eyeshadow is not that good, not even for the price, I believe it's $2 or $3 at target. First off, you would need a really good primer for anything to show, and even then it will crease, and I feel like it's too glittery/shimmery. I used it wet and it's probably the best way to use it, but it has too much shimmer for me. The color is nice but no lasting power :-/

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by cattitude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I purchased the e.l.f Baked Eyeshadow Palette in "California" after hearing good things about e.l.f. products.

Packaging: The compact comes in a nice black cardboard box cushioned with black corrugated paper. The compact itself is made of sturdy black plastic and contains a fairly large mirror inside the lid. I have to give this product high marks for its packaging quality, which seems comparable to pricier brands such as MAC.

Colours: The "California" palette contains neutral, light-to-medium colours with a metallic sheen. I really like the colours in this set.

Product: I really dislike this formula. I knew that baked eyeshadow was hard, but I did not think that it would be THIS hard. I tried to apply it with a brush and I felt like I was damaging the brush. Next time I will use my fingertips or a cheap sponge-tip applicator. A lot of dust came off the eyeshadow, but it didn't seem to transfer well to my skin. The formula does not appear to be very pigmented or buildable.

Staying power: Even though I was not able to get much of this product onto my eyelids, most of it still seemed to be there by the end of the day without primer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in the shade Bark (I think). It's pretty good, especially for $3! The color is pretty; a neutral-toned chocolate brown with a hint of plum and a bit of shimmer, but not big sparkles. The pigmentation is okay, better with a finger than a brush, and it lasts without any fading for three-four hours, then begins to decline after that (I don't use primer). Doesn't flake or have a lot of fallout. The eyeshadow has a smooth texture and good formula. Very flattering color for my green eyes and pale skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Nikki08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovely color! This was my first baked eyeshadow from E.L.F. and now I wish I would've picked up more. I got the color toasted which comes off as a rose gold champagne kind of color with definite sparkle but not glitter. I used it with a primer and didn't have any problems with fall out. It isn't a soft buttery formula like say Urban Decay but not crumbly and dry either. With a good primer this lasts all day on my eyes. My favorite little combination right now is this, wet'n'wild nutty and creme brulee. Perfect natural fall smoky eye and all inexpensive but good quality shadows!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have enchanted. Looked like a great powder form dupe of mac rubenesque but nope. Even after scraping at it it is not pigmented. Does not show up the color it looks like. It's just chunky shimmer.