E.L.F. Baked Eyeshadow-ALL

3.8

on 5/9/2015 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This was my first baked eyeshadow. At $3 a pop, I had to try it! The packaging is a little flimsy, but I don't use it for travel anyway. I have the color Toasted, a metallic copper. I love that it's not too red on me, as so many coppers are. Using the shadow dry (over Fergie primer) lasts me about 8 hours before starting to fade. I get minor creasing, but that's after 12+ hours of wear. It doesn't last as long if I use it wet. A lot of E.l.f's baked shadows (like the ones in the baked palettes) aren't that pigmented when used dry, and can be very chalky. Toasted is actually creamy and pigmented with a hint of shimmer if used dry, and turns into a metallic copper if used wet. I definitely want to try more of these singles for the great price!

on 5/9/2015 12:48:00 PM

I bought 2 elf eyeshadows because my old favorite duo got... old and i can't spend 50 dollars on Naked 2 right now. I have to make it a year or so without that big beautiful palette. I bought Toasted and Bark. Bark is perfect, i love it, but Toasted... looks weird, reddish pinkish on me. It doesn't look bad, but i just got surprised by it. I guess this is the price of not being able to try it on your own skin.

on 4/7/2015 1:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These eyeshadows are great! Very pigmented, beautiful colors. I have several of these shadows & I love them! I just wish E.L.F. offered more matte eyeshadows.

These are pretty decent for the price I b9ught pixie and bark, and I think I paid $3 each for them. I was in love with the colors. However, I was disapointed because they aren't very smooth to apply. I tried a dry brush and a wet brush, I hadn't really pack on the product to get a good color payoff. They do not blend well either. There are definitly other brands that are still affordable but wayyy better.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Let me just say my search for great baked eyeshadows has ended. Every brand I tried (Wet N Wild, Hard Candy) had me dissapointed with their hard glittery chalky products they wanted to promote as baked eye shadows. I purchased ELF's baked eyeshadow today in the color “Toasted" (a coppery brown), and the texture was so SOFT I couldn't believe it. I thought I had to use this with a wet eye shadow brush but I was even more surprised when the color payoff was AMAZING without the need of that. I just have great things to say about this product. If you can get your hands on this, DO IT. $3 ? A great deal!
I threw out my other baked “eyeshadows" in the trash after I discovered this!

on 12/6/2014 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I LOVE these shadows. For the price, they are amazing quality. My favorite and most reached for color is Toasted. It is gorgeous, highly pigmented and brightens up my eyes like no other. I get also get endless compliments on it. People often think it's a higher end shadow. I will always repurchase.

on 11/28/2014 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have e.l.f.'s Baked Eyeshadow in Enchanted. It's a very pretty dupe for Laura Geller Baked Shadow in Honey. It's a toasty, glittery warm beige that looks very nice with holiday ensembles and wears long with no creases, although it's a more subtle than striking look. Still for this price, I will definitely repurchase.

on 9/20/2014 8:19:00 AM

I know that ELF has always been a bit hit & miss, but in my recent USA ELF haul I'd made a promise to try this.

The compact is made of sturdy black plastic and contains a fairly large mirror inside the lid. I have to give this product high marks for its packaging quality, which seems comparable to pricier brands such as MAC.

The palette contains neutral, light to medium colours with a metallic sheen. I have tried quite a few of these and love them, but only when applied with a wet brush. They must be used with a wet/damp brush if you want any sort of rich color pay off, otherwise, you will be disappointed.Definitely worth a try!

on 9/16/2014 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I bought the E.L.F baked Eyeshadow in Enchanted. I adore this color, it is a warm gold color with a slight touch of rose in it (would not call it rose gold though). So, like many reviewers already mentioned : the color payoff is WEAK. Here's a tip that worked for me : I do not know if the baked eyeshadow has a layer of sealer or whatever it is : I use a DRY paper towel and run over the eyeshadow a few times - after that the color payout is MUCH BETTER. I also did this with a few of the baked blush. Hope this help :)

on 8/17/2014 4:01:00 PM

Pigmentation has never been one of elf eyeshadows' strongest point, tested it many times before. Due to the reviews that I've read regarding formula improvements, I dared myself to purchase the NYC palette (they ran out of texas). Couldn't be more disappointed. It was really sheer (even with TFSI primer), didn't even have any pop of color, just glitter mess, even some little time after the application. Bought it for the dark blue, which turned grey. Wasnt true to pan at all. I'll stick with high end.