E.L.F. Baked Eyeshadow-ALL

3.9

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Let me just say my search for great baked eyeshadows has ended. Every brand I tried (Wet N Wild, Hard Candy) had me dissapointed with their hard glittery chalky products they wanted to promote as baked eye shadows. I purchased ELF's baked eyeshadow today in the color “Toasted" (a coppery brown), and the texture was so SOFT I couldn't believe it. I thought I had to use this with a wet eye shadow brush but I was even more surprised when the color payoff was AMAZING without the need of that. I just have great things to say about this product. If you can get your hands on this, DO IT. $3 ? A great deal!
I threw out my other baked “eyeshadows" in the trash after I discovered this!

on 12/6/2014 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I LOVE these shadows. For the price, they are amazing quality. My favorite and most reached for color is Toasted. It is gorgeous, highly pigmented and brightens up my eyes like no other. I get also get endless compliments on it. People often think it's a higher end shadow. I will always repurchase.

on 11/28/2014 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have e.l.f.'s Baked Eyeshadow in Enchanted. It's a very pretty dupe for Laura Geller Baked Shadow in Honey. It's a toasty, glittery warm beige that looks very nice with holiday ensembles and wears long with no creases, although it's a more subtle than striking look. Still for this price, I will definitely repurchase.

on 9/20/2014 8:19:00 AM

I know that ELF has always been a bit hit & miss, but in my recent USA ELF haul I'd made a promise to try this.

The compact is made of sturdy black plastic and contains a fairly large mirror inside the lid. I have to give this product high marks for its packaging quality, which seems comparable to pricier brands such as MAC.

The palette contains neutral, light to medium colours with a metallic sheen. I have tried quite a few of these and love them, but only when applied with a wet brush. They must be used with a wet/damp brush if you want any sort of rich color pay off, otherwise, you will be disappointed.Definitely worth a try!

on 9/16/2014 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I bought the E.L.F baked Eyeshadow in Enchanted. I adore this color, it is a warm gold color with a slight touch of rose in it (would not call it rose gold though). So, like many reviewers already mentioned : the color payoff is WEAK. Here's a tip that worked for me : I do not know if the baked eyeshadow has a layer of sealer or whatever it is : I use a DRY paper towel and run over the eyeshadow a few times - after that the color payout is MUCH BETTER. I also did this with a few of the baked blush. Hope this help :)

on 8/17/2014 4:01:00 PM

Pigmentation has never been one of elf eyeshadows' strongest point, tested it many times before. Due to the reviews that I've read regarding formula improvements, I dared myself to purchase the NYC palette (they ran out of texas). Couldn't be more disappointed. It was really sheer (even with TFSI primer), didn't even have any pop of color, just glitter mess, even some little time after the application. Bought it for the dark blue, which turned grey. Wasnt true to pan at all. I'll stick with high end.

on 6/9/2014 10:13:00 PM

I have the California palette. Love the packaging, but this just doesn't deliver. Very little pigment, super hard to get color on the brush. Not a fan.

on 3/22/2014 5:07:00 PM

They nice baked eyeshadow for the price. I have them in three colors: enchanted, pixie and toasted. I love all the three. Enchanted is bright gold without being too yellow. Pixie is nice shimmer pink, very decent pink and Toasted is brown/coral color on application. I love them and would give them 5 star. Only reason I am giving them 4 star is that they apply wet better than dry. In dry form they do not show up that well even with primer but on wet application they come out awesome and very pretty shades.

on 3/9/2014 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

These you have to put on with your finger or a damp brush to get any color payoff. Plus Sally Beauty carries $1 baked eyeshadows ("Sally Girl") that are better pigmented than ELF's.

on 1/21/2014 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Very satisfing product! I have enhanched and burntplum and are both very nice. I usually aply enhanched with my finger as a everyday base and burnt plum on grease.
I definatelly buy them again