April 18, 2014 | 1990 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Haute Melon

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Lullipy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like the color, really flattering shade for an NC30. It's the kind of color you wear when you want to be noticed, but still keep things simple. Something nice for the office and school. Packaging is so so, and it only gets 3 lippies because it doesn't have good staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by sabbywabby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first NYX lipstick and i am definitely in love with the color! I have been searching and searching for a pinkish coral that would go well with my skintone and this is it! Pink lipstick just doesnt work for me and this is one of the few pinks that i'm comfortable wearing. I used this lipsick countless times during the summer and i love it! I am almost done with my first tube. Not very long lasting but i dont mind touching up since i really love the color. I would definitely buy this again but i'm searching for a lipstick that has the same color but lasts longer. Maybe something that has a matte finish. That would be a gem!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by heh8787

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was my first NYX lipstick purchase. I wanted to branch out and try a brightly colored lipstick and I saw a review and swatch of this on a blog and it was very pretty. It looks scary in the tube - bright neon orange/pink. But once I applied it, it was still very bright, but a nice coral/pink color. The formula is a bit too sheer and doesn't apply very easily. It has a lot of slip and tends to settle into the lines of my lips. I bought another NYX lipstick with this one and that one is a lot creamier and more fully pigmented. NYX lipsticks are great because they are so inexpensive that you can try out a different shade that you aren't used to and not have to spend a lot of money. I will continue to buy NYX lipsticks, but probably not this shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

This is such a strange color. I debated returning it for some time. But I think I kept it just in case I need an oddly orange lipstick. It doesn't look horrible on me, which is interesting enough in itself. The formula I have no problem with. It's soft and creamy on me and doesn't cause drying. I just added a massive swatch pic and it's interesting to see how similar it is to Maybelline Coral Crush, though of course the Maybelline is a bit more pink, but both are pretty bright and surprisingly similar.

I started to like this more once I branched out into wilder colors. I added a second swatch pic of all corals (I LOVE swatching!) :) I will say it is way brighter in real life. It's impossible to get the pictures to capture correctly, that's why I made a comparison image.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by lcl117

It looks almost a neon orange pink color in tube, but on me, its a coral pink, more pink then coral and its not as bright when applied. I haven't totally decided what I think of the color on me but I loooove the color itself. Definately creamy, the color payoff is great but I'd use a finger to apply it unless youu have a decent lip liner that won't let it migrate a little before drying completely.
I got this with Peach Bellini, and find it to be similar to that but with zero sparkle. I actually apply Haute Melon then dab on the sparkly Peach Bellini in the center of my lips and it looks amazing, its bright and vibrant and has just enough sparkle for a night out. I exfoliate and moisturize compulsively so I didn't have issues with flaky lips or anything

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by GlitzyGremlin

I love nyx round lipsticks but not haute melon sadly. The colour is too sheer & shows up dry skin like crazy! Other lipsticks in this range are much creamier & have great pigment, don't think I'll be using this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 5:07:00 AM More reviews by JaAe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Omg i love this one the color, texture everything is great opposite to the price this one is quite bright orange and i love it. it makes my face fresh and young when i applying this

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by JanelleT1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall a great lipstick. I am fair skinned and this lipstick appears as a bold orange on me. A lot of blending is needed for even coverage. Otherwise, perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Ragw33d

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't believe there aren't any reviews for this lipstick yet! I have a very hard time finding pinks that look good on me, I finally found a winner in this shade. Its a pink-coral shade that definitely leans pink on me, which I find odd seeing as I don't like most pink tones. The lipstick stick is smooth and creamy, never drying. However I do have two small complaints, one in just how creamy it is ironically. The lipstick is so soft that its very prone to melting, I always have to be careful when I've had it in my pocket. And the packaging is super sturdy. The top of mine chipped which makes the top come off easier in purses and what not so thats annoying. But its a small price to pay for this great shade, which also comes at a small price happily enough.