Essence Maximum Definition Volume Mascara

3.8

on 7/24/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a nice enough mascara and it does give a nice natural look to the eyelashes. I found this at HEB, but sadly, my store no longer carries Essence cosmetics since the revamp of the cosmetics last spring. Happily, Ulta now carries the brand. This has a really nice brush which is very slender and it separates and coats every lash individually. Every lash. This really accentuates all my lashes and wow I didn't know I had so many! This does not give volume though although it does give maximum definition of every single lash.This little beauty does not clump, flake off, or have any fall out during the day. It stays put. This is exactly like Cover Girl Clump Crusher only with a different wand, but if you like that one you'll like this. I didn't care for that one and while I really like the application and lash definition on this, I prefer much more volume and it really doesn't do that for me. I don't have time to do multiple coats of mascara and this just takes too long to build up. I will continue to use this up for those I'm not wearing makeup looks and it's a fine product, but I really like thicker more luscious lashes and would rather have fewer of them wider and darker than more that are thinner. I don't know that I would get this again simply for that reason. It is a decent mascara and if you like a natural I don't have makeup on look this is the perfect product for that! I like the skinny wand and the way it separates every single lash and enhances them. This is perfect for the lower lash line and much preferred for that over my other heavier mascaras. Overall, It's a decent mascara, it simply isn't my style.

on 7/18/2015 1:36:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

Awful

on 7/5/2015 11:28:00 AM

On term of claims this mascara indeed applies very nicely, defines lashes and doesn't clump but isn't really volumising. The real problem though is that it starts flaking and smudging after 3-4 hours. Also it's tricky to remove, after cleansing with micellar water I always find black string-like residues inside my eyes which I have to remove with a swab; I hadn't encountered this problem before with any other mascara however cheap.

on 6/7/2015 6:31:00 PM

This is the second Essence mascara I have tried. Unfortunately this one also smudges badly. It's such a shame because when first applied, it looks amazing. A couple of hours after application, its an entirely different story.

on 4/22/2015 12:44:00 PM

I got a bit of a fright today when I went into Penneys to stock up on this little essential as I couldn't see it anywhere on the shelf. But, thankfully, Essence just changed the labelling..phew! (hence the two images above).

My favourite thing about this mascara is the brush; it has a rubbery texture (rather than hairy) that defines each individual lash. The brush separates each lash which helps to eliminate clumping when applying the mascara. The brush is also really small so its brilliant for reaching the lashes right at the root and dragging them upwards for extreme length and volume. The brush is also excellent for reaching all the little lashes on the inner corner of your eye and also the smaller lashes under the eye without the usual smudging caused by a bigger brush.

The colour of this mascara is a really pigmented black colour that accentuates and gives gorgeous length and volume to the lashes. This mascara is also brilliant for blending your natural lashes into false ones for a more dramatic look.

This is a really build-able mascara when still wet, I apply loads of quick layers to build length and volume on my lashes. However, I do not recommend full re-application once the mascara has dried (a quick little touch up is ok) as it can clump and make the lashes look heavy and dried out. If you're going from day to night makeup, I suggest removing the initial layer with eye-makeup remover and applying an entire new one.

This mascara is not waterproof, which I like. I have quite droopy skin around my eyes so pulling and dragging when trying to remove mascara is an absolute pain and causes my eyes to look even more puffy and red than usual. I like a mascara that can be removed easily with eye-makeup remover, so this one is perfect! Obviously if I'm planning on going swimming or having a good cry I use a different brand :)

I have tried loads of other mascaras over the years but this is the one I always come back too. I even had my Mam post it to me when I was living abroad! Whenever I do use another mascara, I usually apply it with the brush from this one as I just can't seem to warm to any others, especially the typically hairy ones.

This mascara is an absolute must-have in my makeup bag. This product is also a steal at just €3.49 from any Essence stockists.

Jump over to www.gettheskinny.ie for more info or like me on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-the-Skinny/1403662026616422?ref=tn_tnmn

on 1/25/2015 7:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

The brush is kind of hard. Sometimes after I apply it, a few hours later it flakes on me. I like the orange packaging. Overall, I didn't really like it

on 1/9/2015 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a decent mascara. Not my favourite and I wouldn't buy it again but it's good for a day where y don't really care about ur lashes ect (no makeup makeup) because I have black lashes I'm into the biggest fan of this mascara. I personally do not like the brush but it's an ok mascara

on 10/14/2014 8:55:00 PM

I love this mascara! I actually don't find this very volumising on me, but I generally prefer lengthening formulas anyway! This is a super black mascara that gives gorgeous length and definition to my lashes. I wasn't expecting to like this mascara due to the low price, but I really do love it and I reach for it pretty regularly! Give it a shot! :)

on 9/5/2014 12:50:00 AM

So sad it's been discontinued where I love because it's the best base mascara eveeerrr

on 7/31/2014 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Unfortunately, it does not hold the curl. For my super straight Asian lashes, thatīs the most important thing, hence the low rating.

Top Rated Essence Products