April 17, 2014 | 1686 users online

Mascara - Essence - Maximum Definition Volume Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by yhaoo

This mascara is a pretty wet formula, and for me it just didn't work out. It did not hold a curl at all, and my lashes dropped literally within half an hour of applying the mascara. But that could just be me, since only waterproof formulas actually hold curls for me. If this mascara could hold a curl, i'd be pretty impressed. It definitely defines and separates, is clump free, as well as add subtle day time length and volume (not a false lash effect though). Doesn't flake or smudge, so really the only thing wrong was the lack of curl hold for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by kroshicake

I've been using this for a week now, and I really enjoy it. I'm convinced nearly anything by Essence is great quality and affordable! The mascara is a rich black, and it truly separates the lashes individually to provide length and definition. I recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by valentina555

first, disclaimer. I use latisse and tint my lashes black (DIY BABIES!) and have pretty bomb lashes right now to begin with. (but don't hate me, it took work to get here!)

for my needs - a mascara that adds definition and flare but doesn't drag me in drag queen territory - this is excellent. good definition, leggy length, and an overall clean, curvy effect. no need for me to look elsewhere!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 4:35:00 AM More reviews by lisa1703

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is amaaaazing!!! The amount of volume that it gives my lashes is insane! As for lengthening, it does a pretty good job but it's not something that I'm too fussed about as I have fairly long lashes but they are quite thin lashes which is why I'm in love with this mascara. After getting other mascaras, I always seem to come back to this one! And as for its price, $5.35 AUD, it is an amazing price as are all essence products and in here in Australia that is extremely cheap comparing to what an American would call drugstore make-up eg Maybelline, Loreal, Covergirl whose mascaras cost $18-30!!!! I would recommend this to anyone! I even used this on my mum who has straight, sparse, almost non-existent lashes and her lashes were instantly lifted, thicker and longer which definitely is a good sign.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I went to Ulta intent on buying the I Love Volume Extreme Mascara but it was sold out, so I bought this one instead. It's not as volumizing as I was looking for but it's still pretty great! It gives me that big lash, doll-eyed look, especially worn in conjunction with liquid liner.

The breakdown:
Pigmentation: deep, dark, not-dull black (my favorite thing about this mascara)
Effect: very good for lengthening and holding a curl, but doesn't do a ton for volume/thickness (although it doesn't make lashes look sparse or wimpy, either)
Texture: not a wet or dry mascara, somewhere in between, that doesn't clump even if building up several coats
Brush: straight (not curved) rubber/plastic brush, with slightly flexible brush arm and short stubby "bristles"
Wearability: wears nicely, no smudging or flaking, and washes off okay without absolutely requiring the use of eye makeup remover

I want more thickness out of a volume mascara, and I'm still planning to go back and get the other one at some point. However I'm quite happy with the look this one gives and I'm glad I got it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by hellomorning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love love LOVE this mascara! I'm not a big fans of mascara actually, cuz usually mascara doesn't help me to make a big change to be better when I finished doing makeup, but this mascara was an EXCEPTION! No clump, and I can make my lashes look separated (FYI I always craving Kendall & Kylie Jenner's lashes hehe), it seems this mascara can make my dream came true :p
Unfortunately I have it in non-waterproof version, not sure whether the waterproof version is available or no. But I'm not having any problem so far, even I washed my face, this mascara was still there not smudged (unless you rubbed your eyes). Love the brush, love the formula, love the price! Ahh I love Essence anyway <3

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

One of my first mascaras ever :) It works great, the formula is simply 110% clump free. The brush is kinda like plastic and rubber, and it catches all the lashes pretty well. I lost this mascara several months back, but I will definitely buy this again :)

I just wish the brush was a bit smaller, I stabbed myself with the wand several times before, and this formula is not water proof nor smudge proof, so make sure to wear it in good weather!!!! (The Canadian winters do terrible things to this mascara...)

Only about 5 bucks and less, definitely worth a try!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my current go to every day mascara. The brush and formula allow me to layer this on my lashes without clumping and really helps to comb out snd define my lashes.
Its not exactly a volumising mascara, but it does provide some volume. If I want more volume I currently layer this over one or two layers of Jordana Best Lash Extreme. This just proves to me that drugstore mascaras really are the best.
This was something like $4 and really rivals high end brands.
My only gripe, as with all essence mascaras, is that they only come in black and I woukd really like a brown one for work.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not overly impressed with this mascara as it didn't meet my personal lash needs. I found the bristles were too short and failed to adequately grip and comb through my lashes to give me any real definition or length. It did perform well with volume, but looked a little clumpy and it did flake throughout the day as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by magikwishez

My holy grail mascara! I've been using this product for 1+ year and it's still the best mascara to me. If you love long, natural looking lashes, you MUST try this mascara. It's SUPER affordable too so there's nothing much to lose. I purchased mine at Ulta for ~$3.99 and I am willing to pay much more for it. It separates lashes and holds curls very well. Additionally, I love how it stays on ALL day without smudging. It reminds me of a water-proof mascara but it's easier to remove. The brush is small near the tip and larger near the base so it allows you to apply mascara on your lower lashes without a mess. The brush in general is on the small side of mascara brushes, which I love since it provides control during application. This mascara is also completely CLUMP-FREE. Even after I tried applying 3-5 coats, it did not clump at all. Overall, this is definitely my favorite mascara because:

- it looks really natural with 1-2 coats
- you can add more volume by applying a 3rd, 4th, or even 5th coat without any clumps at all
- it lengthens lashes very well
- it is amazing at separating lashes
- it's really affordable ($3.99 when I first purchased it; it seems like the price increased to $4.99, which is still a great price for an amazing product!)
- it stays put all day

The only con would be the aesthetics of the packaging. It reminds me of Halloween since it's orange with black text and it feels like it's made from cheap plastic. However, that should not deter anyone from trying out this great mascara! I highly recommend this!