Essence Maximum Definition Volume Mascara

on 4/22/2015 12:44:00 PM

I got a bit of a fright today when I went into Penneys to stock up on this little essential as I couldn't see it anywhere on the shelf. But, thankfully, Essence just changed the labelling..phew! (hence the two images above).

My favourite thing about this mascara is the brush; it has a rubbery texture (rather than hairy) that defines each individual lash. The brush separates each lash which helps to eliminate clumping when applying the mascara. The brush is also really small so its brilliant for reaching the lashes right at the root and dragging them upwards for extreme length and volume. The brush is also excellent for reaching all the little lashes on the inner corner of your eye and also the smaller lashes under the eye without the usual smudging caused by a bigger brush.

The colour of this mascara is a really pigmented black colour that accentuates and gives gorgeous length and volume to the lashes. This mascara is also brilliant for blending your natural lashes into false ones for a more dramatic look.

This is a really build-able mascara when still wet, I apply loads of quick layers to build length and volume on my lashes. However, I do not recommend full re-application once the mascara has dried (a quick little touch up is ok) as it can clump and make the lashes look heavy and dried out. If you're going from day to night makeup, I suggest removing the initial layer with eye-makeup remover and applying an entire new one.

This mascara is not waterproof, which I like. I have quite droopy skin around my eyes so pulling and dragging when trying to remove mascara is an absolute pain and causes my eyes to look even more puffy and red than usual. I like a mascara that can be removed easily with eye-makeup remover, so this one is perfect! Obviously if I'm planning on going swimming or having a good cry I use a different brand :)

I have tried loads of other mascaras over the years but this is the one I always come back too. I even had my Mam post it to me when I was living abroad! Whenever I do use another mascara, I usually apply it with the brush from this one as I just can't seem to warm to any others, especially the typically hairy ones.

This mascara is an absolute must-have in my makeup bag. This product is also a steal at just €3.49 from any Essence stockists.

Jump over to www.gettheskinny.ie for more info or like me on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-the-Skinny/1403662026616422?ref=tn_tnmn

on 1/25/2015 7:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

The brush is kind of hard. Sometimes after I apply it, a few hours later it flakes on me. I like the orange packaging. Overall, I didn't really like it

on 1/9/2015 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a decent mascara. Not my favourite and I wouldn't buy it again but it's good for a day where y don't really care about ur lashes ect (no makeup makeup) because I have black lashes I'm into the biggest fan of this mascara. I personally do not like the brush but it's an ok mascara

on 10/14/2014 8:55:00 PM

I love this mascara! I actually don't find this very volumising on me, but I generally prefer lengthening formulas anyway! This is a super black mascara that gives gorgeous length and definition to my lashes. I wasn't expecting to like this mascara due to the low price, but I really do love it and I reach for it pretty regularly! Give it a shot! :)

on 9/5/2014 12:50:00 AM

So sad it's been discontinued where I love because it's the best base mascara eveeerrr

on 7/31/2014 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Unfortunately, it does not hold the curl. For my super straight Asian lashes, that´s the most important thing, hence the low rating.

on 7/12/2014 5:30:00 AM

Let me start of by saying that I love the brush of this one. It's teeny tiny and very slim so is perfect for my rather small eyes. I always get mascara on my upper lid with thicker brushes but this is perfect.
The formula is neither very dry not runny but is nice and kind of creamy. It goes on easily and doesn't clump.
This mascara is pretty good if you're looking for definition and length. It doesn't create very full lashes or gives any false lash effect but rather natural looking defined lashes. I like this kind of look for day to day so this it suits my need.
I am the kind of person who hates waterproof mascaras because how tedious it is to take it off. This doesn't run on me throught out the day but comes off easily with soap and water.
I took off one lippie because it doesn't give any noticebale volume but for everyday defined lashes-this is perfect!

on 7/10/2014 11:29:00 PM

It's GOOD. Excellent length & volume. Defines my lashes very well. No smudging or flaking. Just a little clumping but it's easily worked out with the tapered flexible brush. These cheapie Essence mascaras are all actually pretty impressive. I have tried I Love Extreme in both the pink and the black tubes and also All Eyes On Me. This one is my favorite of the bunch, would definitely buy it again.

on 5/25/2014 4:29:00 PM

I really like the brush but after a few years I felt my eyelashes a little dry ...
For the timi but I think is good enough ...

on 5/15/2014 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Meh for upper lashes but great for lower lashes! The slim brush makes it easy, and defines them without clumping. They look feathery and not spider-leggy. I use other mascaras for top lashes but only this one for bottom lashes.

Popular Mascaras