October 24, 2014 | 1953 users online

Mascara - Essence - Maximum Definition Volume Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by VanillaMoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascara! I actually don't find this very volumising on me, but I generally prefer lengthening formulas anyway! This is a super black mascara that gives gorgeous length and definition to my lashes. I wasn't expecting to like this mascara due to the low price, but I really do love it and I reach for it pretty regularly! Give it a shot! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by danapaige

So sad it's been discontinued where I love because it's the best base mascara eveeerrr

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by TedB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Unfortunately, it does not hold the curl. For my super straight Asian lashes, thatīs the most important thing, hence the low rating.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Brunette30

Let me start of by saying that I love the brush of this one. It's teeny tiny and very slim so is perfect for my rather small eyes. I always get mascara on my upper lid with thicker brushes but this is perfect.
The formula is neither very dry not runny but is nice and kind of creamy. It goes on easily and doesn't clump.
This mascara is pretty good if you're looking for definition and length. It doesn't create very full lashes or gives any false lash effect but rather natural looking defined lashes. I like this kind of look for day to day so this it suits my need.
I am the kind of person who hates waterproof mascaras because how tedious it is to take it off. This doesn't run on me throught out the day but comes off easily with soap and water.
I took off one lippie because it doesn't give any noticebale volume but for everyday defined lashes-this is perfect!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

It's GOOD. Excellent length & volume. Defines my lashes very well. No smudging or flaking. Just a little clumping but it's easily worked out with the tapered flexible brush. These cheapie Essence mascaras are all actually pretty impressive. I have tried I Love Extreme in both the pink and the black tubes and also All Eyes On Me. This one is my favorite of the bunch, would definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by bleed18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the brush but after a few years I felt my eyelashes a little dry ...
For the timi but I think is good enough ...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by aguadora

Meh for upper lashes but great for lower lashes! The slim brush makes it easy, and defines them without clumping. They look feathery and not spider-leggy. I use other mascaras for top lashes but only this one for bottom lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2014 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Amphitrite37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried to like it because of the effect but...it flakes like crazy..I love the plastic wand and the fact that it separates my lashes perfectly but I cannot wear it..I still haven't found an Essence mascara that I like a lot..Most of them don't last on my lashes but this one especially is ALWAYS under my eyes when I return home!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I love this mascara!!! It works great for layering because it defines so beautifully. I already have long lashes, definition and volume are my priorities. This delivers on both. No flaking, no smudging, easy to remove with evoo or Vaseline. The price is awesome as well!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by yhaoo

This mascara is a pretty wet formula, and for me it just didn't work out. It did not hold a curl at all, and my lashes dropped literally within half an hour of applying the mascara. But that could just be me, since only waterproof formulas actually hold curls for me. If this mascara could hold a curl, i'd be pretty impressed. It definitely defines and separates, is clump free, as well as add subtle day time length and volume (not a false lash effect though). Doesn't flake or smudge, so really the only thing wrong was the lack of curl hold for me.