April 17, 2014 | 1912 users online

Treatments - Nerium AD

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Cin2

I really had high hopes for this product, so much so that I stopped using all of my other skin care products (except moisturizer and sunscreen) and used this exclusively for five months. My friend sells it and that is how I originally heard about it. I refused the auto ship - I insisted on first test driving it....and then some.

I do believe that this product really does work for some. I've seen up close and personal the results of my friend and her husband - subtle but definitely an improvement in fine wrinkles, texture and tightening. For me it did nothing after five months of use. I had no extreme ill effects except that giving up my decade-long regime of 3 or 4 high quality skin care products left me with dull skin, plugged pores (the esthetician describes my skin as congested) / blackheads and whiteheads that I so rarely had before.

It's going to take me several months to get back to where I was before going down the Nerium path. Still though, I do believe it works for some. Like anything, not every product works for every person. Just one woman's opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by celaine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never written a review for anything. And I do not sell Nerium. :) I just felt like I needed to counter some of the negative reviews here. Like everyone else, I was contacted by a friend to try this. I didn't want to get sucked into the marketing hype, but said I would try it for a few days. Overall, I liked it and decided to order it. If I didn't like it after a few weeks, I could always cancel.

Here are my random observations: No adverse reactions on my face. The smell was noticeable but not unpleasant. It's not a big deal to me to have to moisten my fingers or face before applying. Really not a big deal worth getting worked up over! My neck was another story. The first few days, it felt irritated. The lines were redder. I considered stopping but decided to give it a few more days. After a few days, the irritation stopped. Within the first 3 weeks, I could see a NOTICABLE difference in my neck in terms of smoothness, lines diminished, overall MUCH firmer. Age spots on my face have also faded considerably.

I am 52 years old. Not terribly wrinkled to start with, but very pleased with my results after 2 months of using this. I signed up as a preferred customer but not to sell the stuff. The difference in my neck is enough to make me want to stick with it forever!

I realize some of you may be dealing with pushy or unpleasant reps. If you like the stuff but not your rep, try to find someone else. I don't know how that part works, but there are plenty of nice Nerium reps, too.

I also like the fact that this is all I need - no extra creams for eyes, neck, etc. So that helps to offset the cost.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by luv4pierre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After 10 days of using this treatment nightly you are supposed to see results. I saw results after 5 days. The fine lines around my eyes and lines from nose to mouth were completely gone! It was amazing. I was planning on having filler injected to plump those lines up so this was a pleasant outcome indeed. However I did not want to sell the product and be a part of the whole pyramid selling scheme, I just wanted to buy the product for myself but that was too complicated and too expensive so I quit using the product. After a week without using it my wrinkles slowly re-appeared. :-( I really wish they would not put so much pressure on selling the product and would make it simpler to purchase and a bit less expensive too. Definitely not for you if you are picky about how things feel on your skin, or smells (it has an odd, very 'organic' smell) or texture (kind of sticky) or the fact you leave it on overnight. It made my skin smooth and bright and firm, and I had no bad reaction or breakout and my skin is quite sensitive.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Athena2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Quick update: I just went through all of the reviews of Nerium AD here. There are exactly six positive reviews that did not either a) create an account, do the review, and never visit again or b) have an account for a longer period of time, but only reviewed this product. Six people who have established accounts and have multiple reviews liked this product.

This is a long review, but if you are here, someone you know is probably trying to sell it to you, so it's worth reading. One of my friends started selling this stuff and asked me to go to her party. Beforehand, I did a fair amount of research online where I discovered that, other than the glory ingredient, which is a poisonous plant extract, the formula of this expensive product is really so-so. Other than some vitamin E and other common ingredients in moisturizers, there aren't any impressive antioxidants in it, or ingredients like retinol, vitamin C, niacinimide, hydroquinone, etc. And yet it claims to basically do everything! The before and after photos are fascinating because they pretty much cover every skin care problem you can imagine. According to the photos, Nerium AD gets rid of wrinkles, brown spots, acne, fine lines, uneven skin tone, and it even makes large pores invisible! Uh huh. And yes, the photos actually show deep wrinkles completely disappearing. No matter how insane the beauty industry is, I don't think anyone has ever claimed to create a single product that does all of that. Apparently you don't need to do anything to your face other than put this stuff on. Nothing else!

When I did the research online, I found that people were either 1) carrying on about how this stuff is like the fountain of youth or b) calling it snake oil. This is what one would expect from a complete scam. If you do a google search, the following words will pop up: NERIUM AD: Real Science, Real Results. Here's the rub: there really IS no science. Anywhere. I could not find any link to any scientific research in any well respected publication anywhere. I was immediately very concerned for my friend, as she had already invested $500 in her "business", which consisted of buying a few bottles of this stuff, but I didn't want to blow her off.

I went to the party, where she showed everyone a video about the product. The video talked about the product for a few minutes and showed a bunch of before and after pictures, which she believes are completely real and are not doctored in any way. Then it launched into the sales scheme. The amount of time the video spent trying to get me to start selling this stuff was offensive. It spent hardly any time actually talking about the efficacy of the product itself. Finally, she let us try some of the product. But wait! We had to get our skin wet first! I honestly didn't want to put it on at all, since it's made from the extract of a dangerous plant, but I didn't want to appear like an alarmist at her party, and it was only one application, so I played along. I asked to have it put on without the water and she told me it didn't really work well that way. Well, that was certainly true. Why should I have to mix water with a $100 product to make it smooth onto my skin properly? WARNING BELLS.

The best part about this wonder product is that it apparently takes care of all your skin care problems all by itself! And before those of you who are selling Nerium jump in and point out that it must work because of all the money that is being made on it, why don't you google the term "Snake Oil"? Remember Ginsu knives? Heck, they could cut through metal; they must be the best kitchen knives out there! Remember Hoodia for weight loss? Millions and millions of dollars were made on Hoodia a few years back. Where is it now? People so desperately want to believe that there really are miracle products that work, and they are more likely to believe it if their friends and family are the ones selling it, because we trust our friends and family more than anyone in the world.

Unfortunately, my friend doesn't want to hear what I have to say. She doesn't care that her company can't produce one peer reviewed journal article to support its efficacy or safety. She isn't interested because she doesn't know the difference between sound scientific research and vague promises of "studies" on her company's website. I am not saying this to be cruel; I am explaining how a company like this is able to make so much money. How many people out there have read published studies and know how to discriminate good studies from bad ones? Respected journals from magazines? The people from Nerium are counting on the fact that most people don't have that experience.

"The science is there," my friend says. Okay, then, show me the science. Provide a link. My friend is an incredibly sweet person, and I am upset that she has been duped, but she will have to figure this out on her own. The sad part is, she made six sales that night at her party. She basically cleaned up. So it must work, right?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Shlovies

I found my all time favorite day and night face product! I love Nerium!

My neighbor told me about the product and also mentioned the business opportunity. She lent me a day and night cream to use for 5 days. After doing an incredible amount of research on anti-aging creams, solutions and procedures I thought there was nothing out there better than Retin A and the Hydroquonine 4% combination.

I was quite surprised that I was incorrect at my conclusion about my former choices for skin care. My biggest complaint was that product after product would not shrink the pores that had enlarged over the years. I have always had absolutely amazing skin and wanted to preserve it!

Finally, the use of Nerium, as instructed on the bottle of 5-6 pumps day and night created a new face that appeared 10 years younger. I am so happy with it.

I also love that it does not create a photo sensitivity, as does any retinol or retin a product. As a cyclist, hiker and runner in southern California it was counter productive to use the retin a or retinol because despite how much sunscreen I used it continued to age my skin, producing age spots, as opposed to renewing my skin.

Nerium rocks and I have seen amazing results on myself and incredibly amazing results on others with far more serious skin issues.

Give it a try if you get the opportunity.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by sassybreck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's interesting to read the reviews on this product. Either people hate it or love it, see it as all natural or accuse it of being nothing short of poison. I know that for me and the 4 friends that all tried it together, it worked. Personally, at almost 50, I was hoping for something that would keep me from the slippery slope of face maintenance which would lead to botox and fillers. I'm happy to report that Nerium works for me. I do NOT use even close to the amount recommended on the directions though. I only use one pump applied on my clean damp face. It has made my fine lines and even deeper lines fade to almost nothing. I have rosacea and now find that my skin, though still pinkish, looks so much more even toned. As for breakouts, I do not experience more with using Nerium. For me it was a common sense issue.....try a little, see how my skin reacted and then go from there. I don't slather anything on myself (4 to 5 squirts???? wasteful?) Anyway, trying a little on my face and seeing the positive results is perfect. I use a bottle in about 3 months. I am not dried out, my wrinkles are small, my pores are tighter, my rosacea is lessened.......an overall score. Though again, I have to stress the fact that I don't slather it on. Perhaps the product would be better for people if they had my approach of less is more. Who knows? They obviously want to sell lots of MLM product so directing people to use it by the gallon makes monetary sense. However, if you want repeat customers, a more conservative approach to application would more than likely prove beneficial. I love it and will continue to use it.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by WalkingOnADream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

This product was given to me by a sales lady to test. The product dried my skin. My skin look dull.

I work for a plastic surgeon, who told me this product isn't safe. He said the active ingredient is poison. So I stop using it after 3 days.

Also I never get breakouts but this product cause me to breakout a little.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Amber173

If you dislike the product for whatever reason, that's fine. But to make slanderous statements and claim that they're facts, just sets you up to look ignorant.

Acetone...seriously? Why would they put acetone in this product? What would be the benefit of that? People...really...find the facts out before you spew nonsense. There is no acetone in this product. Everything in it is natural!

And Botox...really? So your willing to spend more on something you have to keep going back for and knowingly injecting poison into your skin. Ummm...okay. Not me! I don't want anything injected in my skin that is not naturally suppose to be there. Full disclosure...I hate needles too!

Dermatologists, salons and spas are starting to offer this product. They are not morons for introducing it to their clients...it's amazing and it works. If any of their clients sign up to auto-ship, they actually receive residual income off of those sign ups. Additionally, Nerium has been scientifically and clinically proven to yield results of 30%-55%. Whereas, the products that are sitting on those counters in the department stores that you want to believe are more trusted will only yield 2%-7% results based on their clinical trials. Those that do get this kind of intensive testing are being done at the same testing center that Nerium has been tested in. Several of those products don't even get tested this way, many of them just do focus groups which are not based on science or clinicals. So beware when touting only what you have been told by the hired sales person. The founders chose to go this route in order to not have to dilute the product with water or cheap fillers.

Not every product is going to work on every person. Especially when dealing in natural ingredients. You will always have some that may react adversely to any number of ingredients...a little perspective please.

Finally, not all MLM companies are created equal. While there have been many that have conducted themselves in a shady manner, there are tons that are respectable. Avon was the very first direct marketing company ever and it started over 100 years ago. Mary Kay, Amway, AdvoCare, Avon, etc are just a few. All of which are tried and true MLM's and are respected across all industries. Nerium has not only updated this vehicle but gives so much back in charity and products. Did you know that they give 30% of their profits(unheard of) back to cancer, heart disease, diabetes, auto-immune, HIV research, among many other ailments. They also just recently knocked off Nike as the top monetary donations and volunteerism for the Big Brother/Big Sisters organization. Additionally, they do not require their partners to buy hundreds of dollars of monthly inventory. In fact they give their partners and even their customers FREE product! So consequently, they restock their partners' inventory for free. They have given over $10 million dollars in free product to the partners and customers over a two year period of being in business. They have also made over $300 Million in sales on the night cream alone. That says a lot...you can't have that kind of sales success with one product, in the U.S. only if it's not producing what it says it does.

Know your facts. Research for yourself. Don't just blindly follow the uninformed few. The unknown doesn't automatically mean we should fear it. Try something new, it may just change the way you look, feel and live...in a good way! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by missyjane72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried NeriumAD through a trial period after going to a party through a friend who entered the business. I have a skeptical frame of mind going to ANY party that totes such good reports about a new product. (There are so many skin care products, it makes your head spin!) Anyway, I was interested in giving this stuff a shot for my friend's sake. I followed the instructions and used it for about 5 days. I used both the night cream as well as the day cream. The night cream had a very botanical smell to it (that is expected I guess, it is plant based). I definitely liked the products! The night cream did tighten everything and the day cream made my face feel very good. It seemed to "Perk UP" my face a bit just by using it those 5 days. ANYONE can have a sensitivity/reaction to ANY ingredient in ANY skin care product, but I didn't have any problems with it at all. So sorry for the folks who dogged NeriumAD due to the reactions they had. No product is perfect for Everyone, All the Time! and for pushy saleswomen, that wasn't the case either for me. Energetic about the product, yes, but not pushy. I have started using the product now. I like that it is plant and evidence based with hard research to back it up. I also like the fact that its origin came from research in treatments for things such as Cancer....Quite Noble I think! Okay, so it doesn't work for Everyone....Nothing does! I will say that this is the closest anti-ageing cream I know of to Nature. I support that. No Botox for me thank you! I know if I hadn't liked the product, I wouldn't be pushed toward selling it either. I think the person I read a review on earlier had one of those minority folks who went beyond being professional to greety. Yes they want to sell product, but not at the expense of the client with obvious skin reactions. thanks. I will continue to use this product. For the price, it is pretty competitive with other brands that brag similar claims. 2 creams. thats it. I can handle That beauty regimen....I don't like 4-5 step products/regimens. This is right for me. anyway.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Lyn1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Get your facts you state, do your research? We'll look at the reviews, that is research. No one is making slanderous remarks but stating "facts" how the product personally worked for them. Fact is in deed what someone experiences, regarding the product itself I do to know facts but can state that for 100% fact it did not work for me and caused breakouts not to mention 3 other people I personally know. That my dear is fact! I'm sure you sell the product and wish you success if it works for others. Just because a company made 300M on a product does not make it a good product, in your words.... How much does Botox make a year? Just sayin..