October 20, 2014 | 1195 users online

Treatments (Face) - Nerium AD

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2014 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Janetw86

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a self professed face cream junkie, so when my best friend started selling this stuff...of course I wanted to try it. If it's new, claims to soften wrinkles, I'm all over it !
Let's start by saying that I have tried pretty much everything out there, but I tend to stick to Strivectin and skinceutucals retin A , for the most part.
I watched the video and was impressed by the claims, although skeptical. When you've tried them all, you become a bit jaded :)
Well, don't waste your money. This did nothing except dry my skin out. The smell isn't great but I can get past that. I waited for a change. Any change ! I saw nothing except dry skin. The warning sign for me should have been that the night cream needs moist hands to apply....the consistency is pastey and dry. It's strange for sure. I personally couldn't give a damn that oleander is said to be toxic.....if it worked, I would keep using it. It just didn't work for me. I honestly don't understand how it works for anyone. ?

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by ManorDuchess

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a multi-level marketing scheme, ladies. Remember NuSkin? Amway? Yes, there are some people claiming spectacular results - and guess what? They are SELLING THE PRODUCT! Be wary, and be sure to get the guarantee in writing.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Acrobinson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I honestly don't get how people love this product? I smells horrible, feels gross on your skin like elmers glue and it causes inflammation so when your skin puffs up sure the wrinkles will smooth out. I was desperate to do something that would change my skin as I am hitting 40. The first week I used Nerium I actually thought it made my skin look better but then after using it for 3 months I was taking picture after picture wanting a great "after" picture and I got nothing! Then I got more than I bargained for...my skin freaked out on me like I was a teenager with hormone problems, I developed deep acne all over my face, even in weird areas like my eyebrows. I was in so much pain and make up couldn't even begin to cover it. I then got itchy red bumps on my forehead! I really wanted to do a before "clear skin" photo and an after "red broken out all over " picture, thank you but no thanks nerium! After a costly visit to my dermatologist and some antibiotics with a whopping bill for Retin-A prescription. I finally got my skin cleared up. I still have scarring caused by my deep breakouts..Retin-a isn't great for long term use as I developed malasma (pigment dark splotches) But I am thankful I have now found a product for anti-aging that is phenomenal!! I have used it for 6 months no breakouts at all and I have great before and after pics of my wrinkle between my brows. It's called L'dara and I'm gonna stick to using it. It is a one product usage like Nerium but Nerium AD doesn't even compare to L'dara serum. L'dara serum smells good, feels fabulous on your skin and calms the skin giving great results with just 2 pumps morning and night. Goji berry extract LPB-5 complex is the main active ingredient. Just my 2 cents that will hopefully save someone from the expense of their skin and their bank account

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Dawnbaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first I thought was to thick Then I read the directions I think the big tip on this product is taking your before picture because we expect huge changes ASAP ... When I looked at my skin at 30-60-90 days it was like it had erased 12 yrs off me but if I hadn't had those pics I prob would have stopped I saw very little change at 30- 60 .. 90 -120 days was like OMG this is so working I have pictures to prove this to myself . Hands down the best product I have ever used . So inexpensive for everything this does wrinkles,acne.darkspots,puffiness,saggyness,poresize,even skin tone , hydrated without feeling greasy . 1 a step at night and 1 step in the morning .. Lots more space on the bathroom counter .. My boyfriend even uses my stuff ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 9:15:00 AM More reviews by sspc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, I have been using this product for about 2 weeks now. I'm happy to report that I think it's pretty good as an anti-aging product and/or an oil absorbing product. I have mature oily skin with large pores around my nose and inner cheek areas.

I found this product to be very helpful in reducing my oil production throughout the day and also in diminishing the fine lines on my forehead. I have one deeper crease on my forehead that is just now responding to the product. It is noticeably smaller and not as deep.

My problem with the product is it gets into my large pores and when I wake up in the morning I can see areas where it has gotten in, I have tiny white spots around my nose. I think it acts like a filler but it doesn't blend in with my skin tone so it's very visible to me in the morning. So I use it everywhere else especially my forehead. I'd have to say it's equal to botox if you keep with it. Not sure what will happen if I stop using it. But it's less dangerous that botox.

My one tip is to buy it from Amazon you'll get a much better price than the distributors

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Merina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using Nerium AD and the day cream together for a little over two months now. Love the night cream. The day cream is "meh". As a preferred customer (sign up for auto shipping), I pay $120 for the two bottles plus shipping and tax which brings it up to about $140 a month. Next month I'll start getting the day cream for free so will only be charged $80 for the night cream.

As for the performance of these products, I have noticed a remarkable difference in my lines between my eyebrows. I will upload a photo. I've seen my sunspots slowly start to lighten up and break apart. I don't notice a difference with pore size on my nose or redness though. However I already have "good" skin to start with in terms of softness and redness. Those aren't my problems. I wanted the dark spots and wrinkles to go away.

This is the only product I've used that actually corrects fine lines and wrinkles, not just minimizes the appearance of them. It is an amazing product in my opinion.

I will mention that the day cream broke me out horribly in the first two weeks or so and I hardly ever break out. Clinique also does this to my skin. I stopped using Neriums day cream but contined to use the night cream. Breakouts cleared up. I was determined to make the day cream work for me, so I started using it again. No breakouts. Weird. Maybe my skin had to adjust to it??

I only have 4 lippies because the product is sooo expensive! If you want to try this, but on a budget, I say skip the day cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by fabianowen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was expecting the miracle product but once again I was wrong. Maybe because I don't have huge wrinkles but I expected the pores and discoloration to change. My fine lines are exactly the same and so is the feeling of my skin. Some people totally noticed huge changes in a week. I wasn't the lucky one. Won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This Really Works! I do NOT sell it. I have been am active MUA member for 10+ years. I have my normal swear by products I have bragged about for years as you can see from my posts. My holy grail product is DHC deep cleansing oil as everyone knows, and Nerium is my new favorite. This product did for me in a week what other products couldn't do in a month. Soon to be 29, & I felt my skin needed a boost. I have lines around my eyes when I smile, puffiness under the eye, I felit my nasallabiol folds were getting noticeable, congested skin, etc. I was looking at microdermabrasion/skincare treatments when I decided to try this. The first thing I noticed was NO breakouts. I am extremely break out prone & this did not cause acne, clogged pores, or blackheads. In fact, I have less acne eruptions since using Nerium & it is amazing for blackheads. I think it helps to tighten pores, preventing blackheads, because my nose looks amazing up close in a magnifying mirror now. I was really hesitant to use this on my nose becaus that is the first place I will get a pimple or either tons of blackheads. This ate away at some sun damage/ left over tan line I had on my chest. Please note, this will eat your tan! I previously used Alpha Hydrox AHA, which I will always keep in my stash, but this is so much more gentle. Amazingly enough, this product does NOT make you sun sensitive - I don't know how they pulled that one off! Everything I have used in the past as far as heavy duty treatments I had to stay out of the sun afterwards, up to a week. Since using Nerium I wear less makeup. It evens up your skin & helps with redness a lot. I still use my Revlon color stay, but a lot less! This is the only product that has really made my skin look good enough that I would go without foundation. I don't do oil touch ups on my face makeup anymore. I aboslutely LOVE the fact I can use this as an eye cream, face cream, neck, & decollete cream. The most aging thing on my face at 29 is the eye area. I have my favorite eye creams, but they were not doing enough for me. The fact you can use this product as an all in 1 makes up for its price. Seriously, have you priced neck, eye, & decollette creams? They are more expensive than the regular facial moisturizer. I have never been able to use creams on my neck or chest without breakouts; secondly, I did not want to pay for a neck cream, I thought it to be an unnecessary step at my age. I really feel like I am taking care of my skin with Nerium, because now I am able to do preventative measures & treat my neck & chest whereas I have never been one to bother with these areas. I know from reading random reviews online that I am not the only one to have experienced extremely soft skin, but mine is to the point where it has been over a month since I have used an exfoliator. I normally use Paula's choice BHA, Alpha hydroxy AHA gel, or my favorite manual scrub products. I rely on these to unclog my pores & to make my skin feel soft.. Nerium does all this work for you. I have never gone without using my exfoliators, but I don't have to use them anymore. With a scrub, my face is soft directly afterwards then it goes back to feeling texured. With Nerium, every day my skin is baby soft like I used a scrub. No doubt this product is in a league of its own. Recap- I don't have to use an eye cream, scrub, or a mask anymore. This does not burn or induce redness or sensitivity like my favorite face products. It is super expensive but takes the place of EVERYTHING. It is hands down worth the price. Your skin looks like you had a facial each month, so the price is no different than that of an average facial with tip. Price a face/neck/eye/chest cream & tell me the total. The scary side- I looked up youtube videos & did hours of online reading on the toxicity of Oleander. I do not argue the fact this plant is poisonous. I saw 1 video on youtube of a guy with extremely swollen eyelids & face. I was honestly scared to try this. I started with the day cream on a patch on my face & neck then went to full use & then the night cream. Why would I use something poisonous on my face? The deciding factor for me to try Nerium was, I was 2 steps away from getting botox around my eyes. I have heard botox is great for preventing your current wrinkles from going deeper. I thought to myself, if I can use poisonous botox (botulinum) injected near my eyes to paralyse the eye area- then why should I be afraid of using a potentially poisonous cream that is not directly injected into my face ? This may sound naive, but that was the deciding factor for me. I was at the point I wanted injections around my eyes & nasal folds & I feel this product has given enough results that I no longer wish to get those injections at this time. Not to say I will never get botox, but I have found something that will cover my entire face (and body, because they have a body product, but I have not used their body cream yet) that gave similar results for my level of skincare issues. Plus, there is the cost of Botox & finding a good doctor. My mom had some & it made her eyebrows droop worse. Nerium is a great step for those of you who are pro-cosmetic procedures & not afraid of the risks. For those of you who want skin tightening, give this product a try! You can literally feel your skin tighten when using both the day & night cream, although when you wet your face & apply the night cream it has a stronger sensation. This stuff is just amazing & it works. I DO NOT care about their methods of selling, how people don't make money or if they do. I just want something to make my skin look better & IT delivers! You can guarantee all the people in my family are about to use Nerium because it works. Everyone always asks me for my recommendations because they know I am a hair/skin/nail junky & I recommend this product. This product is unlike anyhting else , and maybe it is because its using a toxic plant which no one else has used before? Who knows. :

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Kpoe7238

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read all of these review and I just don't get it. For years I have used many skin care lines like Clarins, Estée Lauder, Obagi and Murad. I purchase them at TJ Maxx.. Nerium is less expensive and it's all II use. You people must be cheap.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by suethechandrans

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nerium AD is a total scam, multi-level marketing scheme designed to rip-off people who join.
Their product is only 30% effective like Vichy spot remover creams. I tried Vichy initially to remove some spots on my face. After I paid for the product at Shoppers Drug Mart, the promoter said that Vichy is only 27% effective. I used Vichy several times and then it stopped working. After signing up as a brand partner for Nerium, I paid over $1070 US for this and did not get all 20 bottles. The brand promoter gave me only 13 and one bottle was opened and used. I never received the rest of the bottles. Then Nerium auto-charged me for April 2014 for approximately $200 Canadian and never sent me the bottles by Canada Post. The brand promoter in Ontario never returns my calls and emails and seems to think that they can still continue to bill me for bottles every month which they never give to the brand partner. The Nerium brand partner in Canada said that Nerium is only 30% effective. That is why Nerium is a total money maker and a fraud. My advice to Canadians thinking of joining Nerium is "Don't", else you will lose your money on crappy Nerium. The brand promoter who is first in Ontario is collecting money from people joining and does not respond nor gives good customer service. A Total waste of time and money. All lies.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No