August 23, 2014 | 1777 users online

Treatments (Face) - Nerium AD

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Merina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using Nerium AD and the day cream together for a little over two months now. Love the night cream. The day cream is "meh". As a preferred customer (sign up for auto shipping), I pay $120 for the two bottles plus shipping and tax which brings it up to about $140 a month. Next month I'll start getting the day cream for free so will only be charged $80 for the night cream.

As for the performance of these products, I have noticed a remarkable difference in my lines between my eyebrows. I will upload a photo. I've seen my sunspots slowly start to lighten up and break apart. I don't notice a difference with pore size on my nose or redness though. However I already have "good" skin to start with in terms of softness and redness. Those aren't my problems. I wanted the dark spots and wrinkles to go away.

This is the only product I've used that actually corrects fine lines and wrinkles, not just minimizes the appearance of them. It is an amazing product in my opinion.

I will mention that the day cream broke me out horribly in the first two weeks or so and I hardly ever break out. Clinique also does this to my skin. I stopped using Neriums day cream but contined to use the night cream. Breakouts cleared up. I was determined to make the day cream work for me, so I started using it again. No breakouts. Weird. Maybe my skin had to adjust to it??

I only have 4 lippies because the product is sooo expensive! If you want to try this, but on a budget, I say skip the day cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by fabianowen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was expecting the miracle product but once again I was wrong. Maybe because I don't have huge wrinkles but I expected the pores and discoloration to change. My fine lines are exactly the same and so is the feeling of my skin. Some people totally noticed huge changes in a week. I wasn't the lucky one. Won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This Really Works! I do NOT sell it. I have been am active MUA member for 10+ years. I have my normal swear by products I have bragged about for years as you can see from my posts. My holy grail product is DHC deep cleansing oil as everyone knows, and Nerium is my new favorite. This product did for me in a week what other products couldn't do in a month. Soon to be 29, & I felt my skin needed a boost. I have lines around my eyes when I smile, puffiness under the eye, I felit my nasallabiol folds were getting noticeable, congested skin, etc. I was looking at microdermabrasion/skincare treatments when I decided to try this. The first thing I noticed was NO breakouts. I am extremely break out prone & this did not cause acne, clogged pores, or blackheads. In fact, I have less acne eruptions since using Nerium & it is amazing for blackheads. I think it helps to tighten pores, preventing blackheads, because my nose looks amazing up close in a magnifying mirror now. I was really hesitant to use this on my nose becaus that is the first place I will get a pimple or either tons of blackheads. This ate away at some sun damage/ left over tan line I had on my chest. Please note, this will eat your tan! I previously used Alpha Hydrox AHA, which I will always keep in my stash, but this is so much more gentle. Amazingly enough, this product does NOT make you sun sensitive - I don't know how they pulled that one off! Everything I have used in the past as far as heavy duty treatments I had to stay out of the sun afterwards, up to a week. Since using Nerium I wear less makeup. It evens up your skin & helps with redness a lot. I still use my Revlon color stay, but a lot less! This is the only product that has really made my skin look good enough that I would go without foundation. I don't do oil touch ups on my face makeup anymore. I aboslutely LOVE the fact I can use this as an eye cream, face cream, neck, & decollete cream. The most aging thing on my face at 29 is the eye area. I have my favorite eye creams, but they were not doing enough for me. The fact you can use this product as an all in 1 makes up for its price. Seriously, have you priced neck, eye, & decollette creams? They are more expensive than the regular facial moisturizer. I have never been able to use creams on my neck or chest without breakouts; secondly, I did not want to pay for a neck cream, I thought it to be an unnecessary step at my age. I really feel like I am taking care of my skin with Nerium, because now I am able to do preventative measures & treat my neck & chest whereas I have never been one to bother with these areas. I know from reading random reviews online that I am not the only one to have experienced extremely soft skin, but mine is to the point where it has been over a month since I have used an exfoliator. I normally use Paula's choice BHA, Alpha hydroxy AHA gel, or my favorite manual scrub products. I rely on these to unclog my pores & to make my skin feel soft.. Nerium does all this work for you. I have never gone without using my exfoliators, but I don't have to use them anymore. With a scrub, my face is soft directly afterwards then it goes back to feeling texured. With Nerium, every day my skin is baby soft like I used a scrub. No doubt this product is in a league of its own. Recap- I don't have to use an eye cream, scrub, or a mask anymore. This does not burn or induce redness or sensitivity like my favorite face products. It is super expensive but takes the place of EVERYTHING. It is hands down worth the price. Your skin looks like you had a facial each month, so the price is no different than that of an average facial with tip. Price a face/neck/eye/chest cream & tell me the total. The scary side- I looked up youtube videos & did hours of online reading on the toxicity of Oleander. I do not argue the fact this plant is poisonous. I saw 1 video on youtube of a guy with extremely swollen eyelids & face. I was honestly scared to try this. I started with the day cream on a patch on my face & neck then went to full use & then the night cream. Why would I use something poisonous on my face? The deciding factor for me to try Nerium was, I was 2 steps away from getting botox around my eyes. I have heard botox is great for preventing your current wrinkles from going deeper. I thought to myself, if I can use poisonous botox (botulinum) injected near my eyes to paralyse the eye area- then why should I be afraid of using a potentially poisonous cream that is not directly injected into my face ? This may sound naive, but that was the deciding factor for me. I was at the point I wanted injections around my eyes & nasal folds & I feel this product has given enough results that I no longer wish to get those injections at this time. Not to say I will never get botox, but I have found something that will cover my entire face (and body, because they have a body product, but I have not used their body cream yet) that gave similar results for my level of skincare issues. Plus, there is the cost of Botox & finding a good doctor. My mom had some & it made her eyebrows droop worse. Nerium is a great step for those of you who are pro-cosmetic procedures & not afraid of the risks. For those of you who want skin tightening, give this product a try! You can literally feel your skin tighten when using both the day & night cream, although when you wet your face & apply the night cream it has a stronger sensation. This stuff is just amazing & it works. I DO NOT care about their methods of selling, how people don't make money or if they do. I just want something to make my skin look better & IT delivers! You can guarantee all the people in my family are about to use Nerium because it works. Everyone always asks me for my recommendations because they know I am a hair/skin/nail junky & I recommend this product. This product is unlike anyhting else , and maybe it is because its using a toxic plant which no one else has used before? Who knows. :

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Kpoe7238

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read all of these review and I just don't get it. For years I have used many skin care lines like Clarins, Estée Lauder, Obagi and Murad. I purchase them at TJ Maxx.. Nerium is less expensive and it's all II use. You people must be cheap.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by suethechandrans

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nerium AD is a total scam, multi-level marketing scheme designed to rip-off people who join.
Their product is only 30% effective like Vichy spot remover creams. I tried Vichy initially to remove some spots on my face. After I paid for the product at Shoppers Drug Mart, the promoter said that Vichy is only 27% effective. I used Vichy several times and then it stopped working. After signing up as a brand partner for Nerium, I paid over $1070 US for this and did not get all 20 bottles. The brand promoter gave me only 13 and one bottle was opened and used. I never received the rest of the bottles. Then Nerium auto-charged me for April 2014 for approximately $200 Canadian and never sent me the bottles by Canada Post. The brand promoter in Ontario never returns my calls and emails and seems to think that they can still continue to bill me for bottles every month which they never give to the brand partner. The Nerium brand partner in Canada said that Nerium is only 30% effective. That is why Nerium is a total money maker and a fraud. My advice to Canadians thinking of joining Nerium is "Don't", else you will lose your money on crappy Nerium. The brand promoter who is first in Ontario is collecting money from people joining and does not respond nor gives good customer service. A Total waste of time and money. All lies.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Danaelycia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So this product just came to Canada, BC to be exact, and a few of the girls I work with have jumped on board. I'm an exceptionally sceptical person when it comes to outrageous claims and I told them that but they insisted I'd be sold so I tried it longer than the 5 day trial, they had me try it for two weeks.

So my experience wasn't anything fantastic. The packaging is lovely but the bottles are quite smaller than I thought they'd be. They say to use 5-6 pumps but I found 2-3 was more than adequate. The product is sticky if your face and fingers aren't damp so I started using it right after I washed off my cleanser and it absorbed quite nicely. The smell reminds me of compost or wet leaves... I personally hate it. I don't like perfumed smells but I sure as hell don't like smelling like my garden either.

I found over two weeks that my face was incredibly soft, my pores had shrunk and that my skin tone wasn't so pink! But there was no difference in my fine lines and the smell still annoys me. I also attempted to use this on some scars but it made no difference what so ever.

Overall, if this product was half the price, I'd probably keep using it but the price is too outrageous and the science is all bought and paid for. I have access to medical journal reviews through my hospital and I couldn't find one independent study on Nerium's claims. But since cosmetic companies basically have NO legal guidelines, they all make bogus claims so I take this as another typical marketing ploy. The price is what kills it for me.

As for the before and after pictures. Some of the women I work with, it's been freakin' amazing the differences in their skin and then I've had two women who had horrible breakouts from it.

So in the end, I would say try it as part of the free trial and if it works like it says, then great otherwise move on to something a little less pricey.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by beppykins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Seriously, listen to the skeptics. I almost got reeled into this lovely disguised pyramid scheme by a friend. It was hard for me to face the music because she's such a sweet woman and she's doing really well for herself through this company, but after doing endless research everything points to it being a scam.

It's basic pyramid schemes...some do really well with it, and it encourages people to try it. In the end, few actually go anywhere with it. They just throw enough bones to keep you going, but in the end you're not making any money unless you have a shitton of "brand partners" under you to keep your pay check rolling. They like to pay you in bottles of Nerium. Welp, that doesn't pay the electricity bill, does it??

It's packaging is pretty neat, but the product does smell pretty nasty. I wasn't too offended by the smell because after working with Aveda products for over a year, I was used to the smell of dirt. However, for those who aren't used to the smell of wet leaves, this is not the product for you.

To be honest, when I was using it I did like the way it made my skin feel. I could definitely feel my skin tighten for a few hours after putting it on, and it made my skin very soft. Would I pay $110 for that though? Nah.

Also, they post SO MANY DAMN CLAIMS and before/after pictures with no sources whatsoever. If anyone posts a comment asking for a source, that comment gets deleted very quickly. That is EXTREMELY sketchy. Any business worth your time will be more than willing to give you multiple sources to their claims that DO NOT come from their own website. Newsflash Nerium...this isn't "breakthrough science" just because you claim it is. You actually need peer reviewed articles to prove that. Although, I guess with the amount of money they're making, they don't give a shit about giving proof when 90% of their customers don't demand it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wrote this review on Amazon while back and was surprised that its still popular and people are selling it.I know several people who are distributing this product including my mother in law. She wanted both me and my husband to try it. I bowed out after I checked this product out including the ingridients-one of which was oleander which is very toxic if taken internally and is a known skin irritant if applied externally. No thanks. My mother in law is still using it and claims that it improved her skin greatly-she is in her seventies and I have asked to closely look at her face so I could see whether there were any differences-I couldnt see any. She still had her lines, wrinkles and all the age spots she had before. She also developed a major skin irritation that hasn't gone away but then she was told by whoever sold it to her that irritation is because "impurities are being drawn out from her skin" which is total nonsense so she continued using it.
My husband used it for the last 2 months. After first month he have seen no improvement and was told he was using it incorrectly-according to "brand partner" you are supposed to wet your face and apply it to the wet face(as my british friends would say-complete bullocks). After another month-he has deep lines around his eyes, acne scars and some brown spots-I looked at his face really closely as well and couldn't see even a minute difference-all the lines were still there and there has been no improvement. He said he face felt smoother but if you use moisturizer you can get simular results.
Furthermore if you google it and reasearch the info about the company-their "research" is highly suspect and their claims are absolutely crazy. I have seen them post pictures of people who clearly have plastic surgery/cosmetic work done but Nerium claims that it was all from their cream. Some of these people have loose skin in before photos and totally tight skin after-if you believe that any skin cream can tighten your skin like that, I have a bridge to sell you. NO cream is capable of doing that, only plastic surgery can. Do yourself a favor and investigate this before applying this to your face. I have read that there has been some trials for oleander being used for skin cancer to destroy cancerous cells. If that's the case, how can it renew skin cells and reverse aging if its supposed to do just the opposite?
Nerium has a Facebook page-if you try to post any negative comment or any comment that asks for proof of their claims, your post will be taken down. I posted a comment the other day after seeing the video they posted with couple of scientists who are endorsing the product. I said that if they have been paid by Nerium to endorse it, thats not an unbiased opinion. I didn't use bad language or was rude in any way but none the less my comment was removed. Just like several people I know posted comments saying they didn't like the product and their comments were removed as well.

P.S. my understanding(from my dermatologist) that when skin is traumatized, it may swell up, giving the appearance of smoother skin and looking less wrinkled. That however does not mean that anything good is happening. Just for the hell of it, I mentioned it to my regular doctor-she didn't have an opinion until I told her that oleander is one of the main ingridients. Then she almost had a coronary that women are putting it on their faces. There is some ridiculous information from Neirium brand partners going around that is hard to believe but there is is
"oh there are two different kinds of oleander and its non poisonous one".Er..both kinds are poisonous, google it.
"you are not using it right"-common, its a cream for your face
"your wrinkles are not deep enough so that's why you don't see the difference"-you are kidding me, right?
"they extracted non poisonous molecule of oleander from it, so its safe"-I don't even know what to say to that
"your skin breaking out is sign of impurities going out of your skin"-er...NO
"any plant can be poisonous if not used properly"-if you know anything about plants, you will know that its total baloney
I mean I can go on for pages with nonsense that they are putting out and people are believing it.
All I can say is if you want to put cream on your face that contains poisonous plant, its a free country

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by shirazz88

I attended a Nerium seminar and all they talked about was how to make money. They did not focus on the product itself. That was a big turnoff.
However, I tried Nerium for a couple of days and did not like it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by cfuentes4408

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I attended the sales pitch for this product at a friend's house. Emphasis is on the sales pitch because the product was actually secondary. The big pitch was that my friend would receive her product free if three of us bought that night. (Of course there were only three of us.)

The day cream was passed around and we all got a chance to try it on our skin. It felt as though it was lightly tightening the skin, and felt good. The bottle is deceptive - huge for 1 oz. of product. The smell - imagine placing a pile of wet leaves in a plastic bag and placing it in the sun for a week. When I said that I couldn't get past the smell, the consultants told me "oh, don't worry, you'll get used to it by the 4th day." Uh...no.

The price was $80+ for the day cream if I sign up for auto-renewal. It was over $100 for a one-time purchase - way over my budget for something that smells so vile and gets mixed reviews. I don't know what the price for combined day and night cream is...I stopped paying attention at that point. For that price, I would expect to get a small sample to try out at home before buying. Sorry friend, no free Nerium for you!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No