Buxom Full On Lip Stick (formerly named Big and Healthy Lip Stick) - London

on 7/11/2014 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this in a kit from Sephora with a bright pink gloss. When I first got it, I was sure I'd never wear either. The lipstick is super pale on me, lighter than concealer-on-the-lips, and the gloss is a super shiny fuchsia, neither of which fit in my color scheme. But I kept them and played around...lipstick alone-nope, gloss alone-nope, but together? Amazing!!

The lipstick, as I said, is a super soft pink. The liner/lippy all-in-one is brilliant! Super-easy to apply. It goes on creamy (sometimes needs balm underneath) and tingly! I love the tingle--it reminds me that my lips look great. Doesn't feather and fades evenly.

The gloss may be bright, but it goes on as a sheer wash of bright color over the pale. It isn't too sticky and smooths out any lines in my lips. Doesn't travel at all. Bam! Perfect lips.

So here I am, almost three years later and I still have this combo. I don't wear them a lot (because, let's face it, I just don't feel like rocking a fuchsia lip every day), but every time I do, I get so many compliments!

So yeah, it's a tad pricy but you get a ton of product. For me it was a chance to experiment with something new and love it!

on 6/29/2012 9:53:00 PM

I tried this lipstick because it's the simple pink that I was looking for. It's matte and provides light-to-moderate color. The girl working at Sephora insisted that it lasts a long time. However, I didn't want to purchase an $18 lipstick without seeing if it truly lasts for a long time.

This lipstick is definitely drying. It leaves you with a fun tingling sensation. It held color pretty well for about an hour but when I went to get a drink, most of the color stuck to my cup. I was able to wipe it off very easily with a napkin. Needless to say, I didn't buy this lipstick. It's pretty but for that kind of money, I would rather buy something that lasts longer and something that isn't so drying.