September 2, 2014 | 1842 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - Oil-licious Calm & Shine Styling Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by agibeault

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is your standard silicone "argan oil" leave-in product. They all have basically the same ingredients, although I did not like this much as Orofluido (the best I've ever tried) or Moroccanoil (not as good as Oro but still good). I just don't find I get the intend shine and softness with Oil-licious, but it is ok. Good value for money, but it lasts so long, this is one product I'd rather splurge on and get the good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by laureg

As a hair oil junkie, I am surprised at how well this product works, considering how little it costs. The Got 2 Be delivers shine, softness and hydration without making your hair heavy, dull or gummy (as some of the other drugstore hair oils tend to do- *cough*, L'Oreal). It also smells quite nice, with a vanilla floral type scent that isn't terribly strong. If you wanted to save a bit of money between bottles of Kerastase Elixir Ultime, the Got 2 Be Oil-liscious is surprisingly decent. I took 3 lipsticks off for the packaging, however. The bottle's dispenser is one of those sports-drink type caps that you push and pull open and closed. A pump would have been a lot better, as the current cap/opening dribbles product everywhere, it's hard to control the amount being dispensed and it makes a terrible mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by shirleyV

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. I noticed it recently on the chemist shelves and as I was going on holiday and it was in a small bottle I thought I would pick one up to take with me.
Good decision, it smells great, just a small amount rubbed through my hair left it looking sleek, feeling soft and smelling great. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by kgloverii

This stuff is the cat's meow. Period. My daughters have very different hair. My 10 year old has super thick, 3b curls. It is **always dry**. We've tried deep conditioning, then using a leave-in keratin conditioner paired with a curl cream for styling and it still is dry. We swapped the curl cream and leave in conditioner for this stuff and it is MAGIC. It smells AMAZING, and moisturizes her hair so well. It's never oily, and now after a month of using it, her hair is actually HYDRATED. Super shiny, to boot! Even on days she doesn't wash her hair she puts a teeny bit on the ends and to calm the frizzies and its never too oily, always looks healthy and gorgeous.
My 8 year old has thick, 2a curls. We flat iron her hair, and this stuff protects it, nourishes the dry spots, and makes it shine like crazy.
My hair is similar to my youngest daughter's, and this stuff is pure magic. On days when I just need to make myself presentable for errands, I'll put a bit in my hair, brush it and let it dry. It looks polished, healthy, and gorgeous.
My only complaint is the dispenser should be a pump so you can control the amount better. A little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by itsholly20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i got this for 2$ at walmart. the packaging is cute, it smells good, and it will probably last me forever even on my thick dry hair because there is a lot of it in the bottle. it takes out the extra poof when i let my hair air dry and makes straightening or curling a much easier process. when i'm having a bad hair day, this stuff can remedy it in no time. i've used much more expensive HE oils and this one works the same. the smell sticks to my hair even after i straighten it. i've recommended it to all my friends and will definitely repurchase when i run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

I actually thought this stuff was discontinued because I haven't found it in any store. I got mine on clearance at CVS for no kidding 50 cents with a two dollar coupon. It was an amazing buy, because not only does it work well, it works better than some expensive counterparts. It gives healthy and shiny hair and more importantly would limit the amount of breakage on my hair. I think it works better than Healthy Sexy Hair Soy and Argan Oil treatment but I'm forced to use HSH because I can't seem to find this stuff. Highly recommend ,oh yeah, and the bottle is mess free too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

About my hair: Fine, straight and bleach blonde, so there is definitely some damage, yet my hair can look oily REALLY quickly. I was afraid to use oil in my hair for just this reason, but I noticed my hairdresser always rubbed a few drops into my hair as a finishing product. Just a few drops (THREE MAX) combed through my hair adds shine, holds down any frizz and makes my hair looked polish....BUT as an ADDED bonus, using this on my hair while it is damp has cut my blow drying time IN HALF!! I don't know if it's because my hair is less resistant to give up moisture because of the oils, or if the old adage "oil and water don't mix" is the cause, but my 10 minute blow dry (and I have a pixie cut!!) has been cut to five max. Highly recommend this product for any hair type.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by infinity121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is truly amazing. It definitely helped hide some of my hair damage caused from excessive heat-styling and chlorine. After applying this product to my hair, I instantly noticed how my hair felt more manageable, my hair became 10 times softer than before, I also noticed that my hair decreased in puffiness and dryness. Thanks to this product, I have shinier and prettier hair! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this for my dry, bleached hair. The Argan oil in it really makes the hair silky soft and gives it a natural looking shine and I just can't stop touching my hair because it's so smooth!

And the smell! Oh my God, the smell! It's delicious, my whole room smells like watermelon when I use this.

I love putting Oil-licious in my hair before straightening it (along with heat protectant of course) with my straightening iron - the result is so much better!

I cannot praise this enough - especially since it's so much cheaper than Morrocan oil and whatnot, while the result is the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by orangecountygirl00

This stuff is amazing! I would normally steer away from something that is coined as "oil" based, because my hair is so dry and porous that often, oil dries it out even more. Argan oil usually does the same, so I was surprised that this stuff gave me such great results. I used before I blowdryed and again after I flat ironed my hair. At the roots there is some noticeable breakage, but after smoothing this oil over those areas, you can barely even tell that the breakage is there. Makes my hair look and feel fabulous and for under $4, this is quite a steal.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No