Caress Shimmering Shower Gel

3.4

on 3/18/2006 6:32:00 PM

I have the yellow version, with shea butter. It dried me out completely. I got those hard little bumps--keratosis?--on my arms within two weeks of starting to use this bottle. I have also developed acne on my chest that won't go away. I think it's because of the little flecks of mica--the "shimmer"--that looks pretty in the bottle but is otherwise useless--it doesn't stay on the skin, but I do think it is clogging my pores! The smell is nothing special, either, just smells like plain old bodywash.

on 2/4/2006 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Too drying. My skin looked dry and dull, not shimmering. Also, I had a few zits on my chest instead of shimmering there either.

Love the way this feels on my skin, definitely makes it soft. Shimmer?? I do not see any shimmer on my skin, only on my puff. I will not buy this again. The smell is awful - smells like cheap plastic!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

reasonable price, smells pretty good, nothing too special about it but it works and it's cheap. Worth repurchasing.

on 4/6/2005 3:10:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

i loved this soap i just got it in berry indulge and it was wonderful it smelled like you could eat it and i got complements it has a really nice lather to it to defentely a must buy

on 3/2/2005 4:11:00 PM

I loved this gel in Pear - a great, subtle scent that lasted for quite awhile after the shower. This left my skin feeling very soft. I wish the shimmer didn't wash away, though.

on 2/18/2005 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have this in Shimmering Pearls and i LOVE it! It leaves my skin soft and hydrated. It also has a nice smell. Unfortunitally, I haven't been able to find it anywhere and I'm almost out. I hope they didn't discontinue it.

on 1/13/2005 5:29:00 PM

I own Caress Silky Lustrous Body Wash in Shimmering Pearls. I am not impressed. I preferred their original scented body wash much more. Ive used it once in the shower. The scent was too sweet and floral-like, which nauseated me. Also, my skin was not left with any shimmer effect. So, Ive resolved to use it as hand soap until it is gone. But Ill not be purchasing it again.

on 7/24/2004 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have Shimmering Petals and it smells like flowers. The shimmer rinses off instantly so none is left on my skin. This lathers well and leaves me clean so I will buy it again.

on 5/26/2004 1:31:00 PM

I really like this. I use it as a bubblebath. Good price ($5) for a decent sized bottle too! :)

Popular Gels/Soaps